GD + JK: 2017.09.02 - Las Vegas, Nevada (Chester Tribute)

RogueSoul

We told you we weren't done! Not that this is necessarily the capacity in which we wish we were going on, but we're forging ahead nonetheless.

21150181_1992476477650724_41843109530484

We all celebrated when Chester announced earlier this year that he would be reuniting with his first band, Grey Daze. Unfortunately, those shows will never actually end up taking place (they were going to happen a few weeks from now in Tempe, and another rumored for Las Vegas). However, we're still getting Grey Daze live in 2017. Grey Daze and members of Dead By Sunrise/Julien-K will be teaming up for a special acoustic performance today at the Saxe Theater in Las Vegas - and it'll be livestreamed! The lineup is Dead By Sunrise's/Julien-K's Ryan Shuck and Amir Derakh and Grey Daze's Mace Beyers and Sean Dowdell.

This is a pretty special show. It's in honor of Chester, of course, but historically it's a big gig for all of us, as well. This'll be the first time Grey Daze has performed in any capacity since October 1998 - that's almost two decades! Their last shows were with a singer named Jodi Wendt, as Chester had already left the band in order to dedicate his time to Linkin Park (at the time they would've been Hybrid Theory/Xero). Another Grey Daze reunion was scheduled to happen in 2002, to benefit former member Bobby Benish, who unfortunately was diagnosed with a brain tumor. The show was cancelled as Chester could not make it, as the record label forced them to return to the studio to continue work on Meteora. Benish unfortunately died in 2004 and the show never happened.

We don't have any videos from the Jodi Wendt era of Grey Daze, but here's one of Chester's last performances with the band in 1997, performing the song 'The Down Syndrome.'

Julien-K ended a tour earlier this summer opening for Pig on their Prey & Obey tour, which took them across the United States. For those unaware, Julien-K and Chester have always been very close, members of JK working with Chester on the side-project Dead By Sunrise. Chester even sang an entire Julien-K set once, at Tinley Park, Illinois on Projekt Revolution 2007 when lead singer Ryan Shuck had to attend his brother's wedding. The show must go on! Chester joined the band throughout the tour to perform 'Technical Difficulties' with them as well.

This isn't from Projekt Revolution 2007, but watch Chester perform 'Technical Difficulties' with Julien-K at their very first show ever at Club Tattoo 2006.

There aren't many of us who can make it out to Las Vegas for this show and we'd all love to see Grey Daze live for the first time in years, and we're in luck! The show will be livestreamed on Facebook Live tomorrow. The show starts at 12:00 PM PST and goes until 2:00 PM PST. Check below for all the info you'll need.

As far as what the set will entail, we're not entirely sure what to expect. Grey Daze requested that everyone attending know the lyrics to Dead By Sunrise's 'Let Down,' 'Morning After,' and Grey Daze's 'The Down Syndrome.' Beyond that, we're not sure what else they'll all play together. What songs would you like to see performed?

SETLIST:

1. Morning After (Acoustic)

2. The Down Syndrome (Acoustic)

3. Let Down (Acoustic)

- Sean didn't perform with the group.

Who's excited for the show? It may be the last time these songs are ever performed live, and though it's a bittersweet goodbye, it'll be a nice send off all the same. Let us know what you want to hear and if you'll be watching the livestream. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for updates on the future of Linkin Park, and if you're still hurting or know someone who does, refer to the LPLive Help Line Discord and we'll do our best to help you out. Stay strong, everybody, and let's rock!

Mace Beyers told me that they are going to play only 3 songs, not more.

Also they won't play Linkin Park songs:

''Dear fans and friends,

I wanted to respond to a question I have seen repeated in the threads below so everyone understands what our vision is for this memorial:

"Why aren't you playing some Linkin Park songs?"

I want to respond to this so you guys all understand its out of LOVE and RESPECT for Linkin Park 1f642.png :)

Linkin Park is also planning some very special stuff to honor Chester and we want to make sure we leave all the LP stuff to THEM. We only felt comfortable performing a FEW songs that we actually wrote and recorded with Chester, given that we really are the actual members of Dead By Sunrise and Grey Daze. We thought it would be really nice to represent some other parts of Chesters artistic body of work in a way that only we can.

Ryan Shuck''

FULL POST: https://www.facebook.com/DeadBySunrise/?hc_ref=ARQl29irsmzgtRb3fVhw5aCWnCYVqYEetpt-nXT1wUabSA_IssXz2xb7Rsmq-h6VRx0

Edited by JZE

Hearing Ryan's speech was so hard. Ripped me open just like July 20th did. It was so heartbreaking. He even broke down. But somehow, it made me feel a bit better. And hearing these songs, even though they didn't sound amazing (how could they without the legendary CB singing them), they also helped me feel a bit better. I'm glad they did this today and it's also great because it shows that Chester wasn't just Linkin Park - he had his own music that was just as amazing out there as well, and I'm glad I got to see a lot of it live and listen to the music over the years. I'm confident that if I was at this event I would have been even more of an emotional wreck than I am now.

Hearing Ryan's speech was so hard. Ripped me open just like July 20th did. It was so heartbreaking. He even broke down. But somehow, it made me feel a bit better. And hearing these songs, even though they didn't sound amazing (how could they without the legendary CB singing them), they also helped me feel a bit better. I'm glad they did this today and it's also great because it shows that Chester wasn't just Linkin Park - he had his own music that was just as amazing out there as well, and I'm glad I got to see a lot of it live and listen to the music over the years. I'm confident that if I was at this event I would have been even more of an emotional wreck than I am now.

Broke my heart what Ryan and the others said. All the stories of Chester to hear shows he was a kindhearted soul.

I am so grateful that these great friends Chester have honored.

Could you please write down Ryan's speech? I don't understand it 100% please man.

Could you please write down Ryan's speech? I don't understand it 100% please man.

It would be way too hard to type it all. It was really long and drawn out, but in a good way. Maybe someone reading this can do it. I wonder if Linkin Park will have the same format if they do a memorial.

It would be way too hard to type it all. It was really long and drawn out, but in a good way. Maybe someone reading this can do it. I wonder if Linkin Park will have the same format if they do a memorial.

Pretty sure you are the one that can do it... it's pretty epic.

That's portion of it is beautiful.

Grey Daze posted the entire thing on their YouTube page. The performance was just the three songs, acoustic, sang by Ryan Shuck.

I managed to watch it on YouTube after it was streamed Geki but I wondered if anyone managed to grab the raw fb stream and extracted the audio aswell. I'm useless when it comes to things like that