2017.07.04 - London, ENG (Night 2)

The boys are back for round 2! After rocking the O2 Arena last night with a special (slightly) extended setlist, the band is stripping things down for a smaller show at the Brixton Academy in London for night 2 in the city.

We already discusses Linkin Park's hefty history in London in the previous post (being the band's second-most performed in city, there was quite a lot to cover), so lets focus in on the venue for this one, instead. Despite it being a pretty small venue in terms of Linkin Park, the O2 Academy Brixton has been the home of plenty of the band's biggest moments. The band's show there in 2001 is a very special and unique, being one of two shows the band has ever performed the entirety of Hybrid Theory (out of order, though, unlike at Download 2014). The band's setlist was also riddled with some epic treats, such as the Mike Shinoda Remix of 'High Voltage' and the live version of 'And One,' as well as a very early acoustic version of the Dead By Sunrise song 'Morning After' that Chester played to start the encore. The band returned in 2003 at the start of the Meteora touring cycle, giving songs like 'Easier To Run' and 'Hit The Floor' some playtime before being dropped (forever) as well as giving tracks including 'Don't Stay' and 'Lying From You' some of their first breaths of air.

Sadly no recordings exist from these two shows at the Brixton Academy, but you can get a taste of what the atmosphere would've been like with this video of 'High Voltage' live at a later London show in 2001.

The first of two nights were definitely something. For one, the band performed what is definitively their longest show ever, adding some treats into the set. The first surprise of the night was a big one - the album version live debut of 'Good Goodbye!' That's right, the band brought out London-native Stormzy for the first time to perform the track, Stormzy rapping his verse at the end of the song, but Mike still found time to do his own live verse, just over the instrumental of the second verse instead of the third. It was a bit of a bumpy performance with Stormzy coming in during the second verse before quickly stopping and Chester messing up the final chorus, but it was a pretty momentous moment nonetheless - where's Pusha T? Time for all the guests to come together for the track. Next came the addition of 'From The Inside' into the set after 'New Divide,' then a surprise performance of 'Hands Held High' acapella style before 'Invisible - the first time 'Hands Held High' has featured in a Linkin Park set since Mike rapped it during his Solo Medley at Greenfield 2014 and the first time the acapella version was performed since Epicenter 2009. The set went on pretty much as normal from there on out, with 'Somewhere I Belong' in the heavy slot and 'Sharp Edges' opening the encore.

What can we expect at this show? Maybe something more, but perhaps some of the same, too. It seems like a bit of a waste to have a whole 40 minutes extra and only add one song into the setlist. Of course, the conservation of Chester's voice has to be taken into account (these are back to back shows, after all), but perhaps they can get a little crazier at night 2 in London now that a two-day break is coming before Birmingham. Plus, it's a smaller venue, so you can expect the energy to be a lot more present at this show. Perhaps the band will add another two songs into the set? Maybe Mike could do some Fort Minor stuff in the middle of the set - no one would have any complaints there. Assuming the band keeps the same formula as the O2 Arena, you can expect 'A Place For My Head' and 'Points Of Authority' to be played, and it's not far off to assume Stormzy would come back out for 'Good Goodbye.' What do you think will happen?

Check out Stormzy kill it with Linkin Park during 'Good Goodbye' at the O2 Arena. Hopefully this isn't the last time we see this collaboration happen!

Who's heading to the show? For live updates, join our new Discord server and follow us on Twitter and Facebook. What do you think we'll see happen at this show? Let us know. After this show, the band ends the One More Light European Tour off in Birmingham.

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2017 touring cycle here.

It wouldn't be the first time for Nobody Can Save Me. That's been played quite a bit already.

Correct, I meant Halfway Right... Probably made a mistake since I wish they will pull out Battle Symphony and put it in instead... :rolleyes:

Show today was SICK! Wayyyy better and crazier energies than last night, people flying over the crowd, violent dancing, WOW!

I even got the chance to shake hand with Chester during Breaking The Habit 😇

Last night I got one pick after the show and today another (different) one.

The right one is signed by Brad, can anyone recognize the signature on the left one? Much appreciated.

EDIT:figured it out, it is Joe Hahn's 😎

post-127802-0-09310400-1499209024_thumb.jpg

Edited by GSJCDX

To the guys that I spoke to who were looking at this thread before the show started, if you check it out again, hello, hope you enjoyed the show! :)

Mate, it was great speaking to you! What an amazing night. Felt surreal finally seeing these guys live. I think I now have an addiction, I crave to see more shows!

Quick thing for the show page -

Habit: no acapella outro, the synth played but Chester didn't sing.

In The End: crowd rapped the first verse, after chorus Mike rapped first verse again

I think Chester flubbed the lyrics at the end of Nobody Can Save Me, since he stuttered a bit - that may need someone to confirm with me though.

Edited by Sukotto

Wow what a show was right infront of mike wen he jumped up on amps the crowd was crazy was like 2001 again ppl flying everywhere band was on fire and loved it and so did i what a show really special night as Chester said it was a private after show party for end of tour

Some photos from last night!

Couple more on my instagram: http://instagram.com/chaosliveswithineverything/

Mate, it was great speaking to you! What an amazing night. Felt surreal finally seeing these guys live. I think I now have an addiction, I crave to see more shows!

And so it begins... ;) haha

I got one of those balloons!

post-1244-0-06108000-1499250292_thumb.jpg

post-1244-0-20389500-1499250344_thumb.jpg

post-1244-0-40874300-1499250409_thumb.jpg

post-1244-0-11459200-1499250443_thumb.jpg

post-1244-0-26828400-1499250488_thumb.jpg

post-1244-0-10350000-1499250526_thumb.jpg

post-1244-0-09346600-1499250553_thumb.jpg

post-1244-0-73218000-1499250573_thumb.jpg

post-1244-0-00981900-1499254312_thumb.jpg

Edited by Smarky

wooow what a great setlist! I like how they switched BIO and Faint

Yeah I love the placement of bleed it out before the encore and faint as a closer. I think they nailed it now! Amazing setlist

For those who went to the show... What's the reaction from the crowd for Talking to Myself? Is it good as the opener?

Crowd was cool with it but the crowd was crazy b4 band even came on. The new songs got great reception last night heavy and invisible was sang as loud as some older songs

Crowd was cool with it but the crowd was crazy b4 band even came on. The new songs got great reception last night heavy and invisible was sang as loud as some older songs

NCSM didn't get much reaction so I was surprised when Heavy got such a good and loud reaction!

As a show opener I think it depends on the type of crowd, it seemed to work very well here because the crowd were already hyped up and there was confusion around start time/they came on late, therefore I think it got a better reaction than if it was in the middle of the set and leaves a big classic song for later rather than having to waste it at the start to hype everyone up.

Edited by Smarky