MMM... Cookies 2 Coming Soon?

RogueSoul

We know One More Light is on the way, but it looks like the real tunes are on the way. It seems like a second volume of MMM... Cookies is on the way!

Mike and Chester were together filming a video today with an unnamed YouTube collaborator, and they were doing some tricky stuff. Apparently, if this tweet from Mike can hold any leverage, they played 6 MMM... Cookies style songs that will be coming soon. The video is all that's been recorded so the audio still needs to be recorded in the studio, but this may be the best news the Linkin Park community has gotten in years.

For those who don't know, Sweet Hamster Like Jewels From America! is an EP recorded by a group that go under the moniker of MMM... Cookies. Really, though: the original MMM... Cookies was released in 2008 as the yearly LPU album, featuring silly songs from Linkin Park's Minutes To Midnight recording sessions. These songs feature some of the greatest lyrics this band has ever come up with (and they weren't even focussing on lyrics!) and the strongest output we've seen from them, well, ever. You can learn all about this epic album on its Linkinpedia page.

MMM... Cookies is an unrivaled masterpiece.

Haven't heard this yet? Stop whatever you're doing and listen to some real music here.

Jokes aside, this will be a cool surprise if it actually does get released. It's always refreshing to see the band loosen up and just have some fun with things - the game they played the other day is a testament to that. While I'm sure some of you probably want this more the One More Light at this point, OML is still due out in just a month, so we're finally getting in gear. We just have one more thing to wait for now. Will soon ever end? Follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page so you don't miss out on any new music.

Well, they could do a new metal EP making fun of new metal fans.

I would enjoy this EP more than OML, probably.

Judging by Mike's tweet doesn't seem like an "Official" mmm...cokies thing to be released under its name.

Edited by vinifeijo

This is the only LPU CD that is any good beyond a curious/novelty value of hearing random demo songs once to see the creative process.

I actually found this CD yesterday while cleaning my room, It's the only LPU Cd that I own.

Lol. Every time I think of that CD I always remember what was essentially a formal apology that was issued by Mike, after the entire fan base showed that they needed to lighten up and were incapable of taking a joke.

I liked it because MTM had a lot of songs with heavy subject matter. Hearing them joking around during that process and seeing how they would unwind and bring some levity to the proceedings was cool to me.

Edited by Justin

Lol. Every time I think of that CD I always remember what was essentially a formal apology that was issued by Mike, after the entire fan base showed that they needed to lighten up and were incapable of taking a joke.

I liked it because MTM had a lot of songs with heavy subject matter. Hearing them joking around during that process and seeing how they would unwind and bring some levity to the proceedings was cool to me.

That wave of shit helped a lot because of it the next release was amazing.

The fanbase meltdown when MMM Cookies first came out was hysterical. I couldn't believe how angry some people got over it. The only good thing that came out of the backlash was that they switched to releasing demos on every subsequent LPU CD exclusively.

As long as this isn't tied into anything else that the fans are expecting, it'll be funny like the first one was supposed to be.

The fanbase meltdown when MMM Cookies first came out was hysterical. I couldn't believe how angry some people got over it. The only good thing that came out of the backlash was that they switched to releasing demos on every subsequent LPU CD exclusively.

As long as this isn't tied into anything else that the fans are expecting, it'll be funny like the first one was supposed to be.

I remember a lot of people being completely convinced that the band was saying "fuck you" to their own fans and being intentionally disrespectful. It was pretty hilarious.

Well a youtuber by the name of "Boyinaband" released a video on his channel yesterday. He also hosted the event at youtube space. the video shows him doing some stuff with Mike and Chester which comes close to being MMM..Cookies type stuff. They are not full songs though more like snippets. also he is working on a skit where he parodies LP (along with help from mike). Not sure if its the same thing though.

Well a youtuber by the name of "Boyinaband" released a video on his channel yesterday. He also hosted the event at youtube space. the video shows him doing some stuff with Mike and Chester which comes close to being MMM..Cookies type stuff. They are not full songs though more like snippets. also he is working on a skit where he parodies LP (along with help from mike). Not sure if its the same thing though.

It's not it will be with good mythical morning rett n link. Mike posted a picture of a cap wen they where doing a promo day n cap was from good mythical morning. They do funny songs n that on there so thats wat it will be