'Feels Like Forever' - Of Mice & Men & Mike Shinoda

lpliveusername

In December of last year, Austin Carlile announced his departure from Of Mice & Men in a lengthy text where he mentioned Mike Shinoda having helped him write songs for one of his band's albums. Thanks to our forum member LinkInThePark who pointed out yesterday "Austin wrote in his statement about the record that hit #4 in US and thats clearly Restoring Force," we now know which album it was and after a little research we were able to figure out which track Mike worked on: the single 'Feels Like Forever.'

Austin Carlile met Mike Shinoda in the summer of 2013 in California while taking a break from recording Restoring Force. He played a few demos for Mike, who became immediately interested and asked to be involved in the song. Carlile, a big fan of Linkin Park since he was 14, said this became his favorite song on the album.

Since then, Shinoda and Carlile have become good friends. They have been seen together at numerous events like the Sunset Strip Music Festival in 2013 and the Coachella Music Festival in 2015 where they jammed with members of Avenged Sevenfold. Of Mice & Men have also supported Linkin Park on the European and North American legs of The Hunting Party Tour, during which Aaron Pauley and Austin Carlile joined the band on stage to perform 'LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent' and 'Faint' respectively.

0c5f91eae8f6809ec768139bc38f47a1.jpg

Read our Linkinpedia page for more information.

What do you think of the song?

Feels Like Forever is one of my favorite songs from Restoring Force, cool to see Mike contributed to it.

Small correction for the Linkinpedia page: The Montreal set is fake (it includes songs that weren't even released at the time). The song was debuted at Southampton later in 2014.

Feels Like Forever is one of my favorite songs from Restoring Force, cool to see Mike contributed to it.

Small correction for the Linkinpedia page: The Montreal set is fake (it includes songs that weren't even released at the time). The song was debuted at Southampton later in 2014.

Thanks, fixed. A lot of wrong info on setlist.fm so we're trying to avoid it and use it only as the last resort and that's exactly why.

Thanks guys. Poor Austin, at least he's able to sing, I hope he accomplishes similar success to OM&M on his new path.

Singing and screaming took its toll on his health which worsened his condition. It got to the point where he couldn't even speak.

He did say somewhere that he's already working on or looking at new opportunities. But if he can't belt out the vocals he did on OM&M, I'm not sure what he'd do.

Regardless, I feel bad. I know he said that when he really screams on some tracks it was b/c of his pain.