Mike Shinoda produced new One OK Rock song

Stranger

I'd just like to point out that this song is a completely different case from, let's say, "Carry Me Away" or "Resurrection", where Mike played all instruments and was in total control of how the music sounded. If you check the images in the main post you'll see Mike is credited as an additional producer. The song was probably already "complete" when Mike first heard it. He might have just added a thing or two to the song or given some advice to Taka to make the song better. I imagine the original version didn't sound very different from what we hear in the album, just like "Things In My Jeep".

I'm trying to identify with the things Geki is talking, so i keep my expectations low. That's the best way to be surprised.

With LT and THP the band said too much about the albums, about how the music was amazing. And i think this was one of the reasons the albums got older fast for us. We were expecting epic songs, and they were good but not epic.

I'm always amazed when i watch LT making of, the buried at sea demo (burn it down). When Mike and Chester try and fit the chorus on the song, they both get so excited like "wow, this is amazing, this is the best song ever, this is the one." So it's an example of how their word about their own music is something we should not take so seriously.

And now, every album they're doing something different and something new. We already are always expecting something innovative, and this creates a big hype. I wish LP did some "normal" albums in a sequence (2 or 3 very similar), so the next one would imply a bigger impact. Trying to always be innovative can be a shot on your feet.

I'm trying to identify with the things Geki is talking, so i keep my expectations low. That's the best way to be surprised.

With LT and THP the band said too much about the albums, about how the music was amazing. And i think this was one of the reasons the albums got older fast for us. We were expecting epic songs, and they were good but not epic.

I'm always amazed when i watch LT making of, the buried at sea demo (burn it down). When Mike and Chester try and fit the chorus on the song, they both get so excited like "wow, this is amazing, this is the best song ever, this is the one." So it's an example of how their word about their own music is something we should not take so seriously.

And now, every album they're doing something different and something new. We already are always expecting something innovative, and this creates a big hype. I wish LP did some "normal" albums in a sequence (2 or 3 very similar), so the next one would imply a bigger impact. Trying to always be innovative can be a shot on your feet.

I just think it's annoying to tease the fans massively for months and hype it up for months and not even release so much as a clip of new music, or even a song title, etc. By doing this is makes it seem like each song on the album will be the greatest song of all time. It does create extremely high expectations. I don't know really any other bands who do this to the extent that LP does.

I just think it's annoying to tease the fans massively for months and hype it up for months and not even release so much as a clip of new music, or even a song title, etc. By doing this is makes it seem like each song on the album will be the greatest song of all time. It does create extremely high expectations. I don't know really any other bands who do this to the extent that LP does.

The band isn't hyping anything. They have to keep us updated that they're in the studio or else we'd be going insane trying to find info like we did for the MTM sessions. The wait from after Summer Sonic 2006 to April 2007 was the worst in history, easily. Literally miserable because they gave us zero information whatsoever on anything.

Imagine this time if we knew they went to Belgium for a race or to these random events like Chester speaking in Mesa, Arizona, but we didn't know they were in the studio. We'd be going crazy.

They clearly have a plan and are almost done with everything if they're doing merch right now, photo shoots, music video shoots, on the lineup for music awards, etc. Hype is something they'll deliberately start doing soon. They are just taking a while with this, but it's almost guaranteed we'll get music by this time next month.

The band isn't hyping anything. They have to keep us updated that they're in the studio or else we'd be going insane trying to find info like we did for the MTM sessions. The wait from after Summer Sonic 2006 to April 2007 was the worst in history, easily. Literally miserable because they gave us zero information whatsoever on anything.

Imagine this time if we knew they went to Belgium for a race or to these random events like Chester speaking in Mesa, Arizona, but we didn't know they were in the studio. We'd be going crazy.

They clearly have a plan and are almost done with everything if they're doing merch right now, photo shoots, music video shoots, on the lineup for music awards, etc. Hype is something they'll deliberately start doing soon. They are just taking a while with this, but it's almost guaranteed we'll get music by this time next month.

The band isn't hyping anything? Have you seen the stuff on SnapChat, Twitter or Instagram from the band this entire cycle? Even Facebook. They have hyped it so much that it's almost too much to keep up with all of it. New interviews as well. From Summer Sonic 2006 to April 2007, we knew they were in the studio. We got ASP and Qwerty in between that time and had several Summer Sonic bootlegs. And a lot of interviews during the time. I mean we knew it was being worked on and coming out. We've been waiting since September 2015 since they first entered the studio. I'm only annoyed because I feel like a single should be out by now. I'm not saying the album should be out since I know they didn't want to put it out yet. But a single should be.

EDIT: The wait DID suck for MTM, don't get me wrong. And I know we got some ''new'' demos with LPU16. Maybe it's the lack of shows in 2016 that made it seem longer for me. But I feel like almost every single day since they started work in September 2015, they have been posting photos and videos and everything else. All I want is to hear anything from the album. The wait between first single and album is never hard for me, it's the wait for the first single that I hate. We also haven't had this long of a wait since MTM/ATS so I wasn't expecting it. I'm not good with patience, maybe I need to learn it.

Edited by Geki

Don't worry Geki, i dont really know you that well, but i agree with a lot of your points. Although, i have not heard a single note of new LP, i am quite hesitant, with the information and photos i have seen. I want LP to prove me wrong. I hope it is the greatest LP record yet. For some reason, I am starting to grow out of LP as well. I am not one of those "HT is god" fans, i do appreciate music post meteora. but i feel their music has not resonated with me since ATS. NIN has kind of overtaken LP as my favourite band, purely because the music and the lyrical content has resonated with me more as an adult. This may sound stupid, but I feel Nine Inch Nails is like the adult version of Linkin Park. I do also believe everyone has a right to voice their political opinions, but i just dont like musicians getting to politically involved IMO, especially with the SJW stuff. Anyways i am still eager to hear the new single, as i am interested to see, how much the lyrics have improved this time around. This is why i love lplive, even though we many never agree on things, at least there is never a dull moment haha! :)

• 3 weeks later...