Linkin Park headlining Hellfest 2017

RogueSoul

After a bunch of rumors circulating over the last few weeks, Linkin Park is now confirmed to be playing Hellfest 2017 on June 18, 2017.

Hellfest is scheduled between the 16th and 18th of June in 2017, happening in Clisson, France. Other headliners are Deep Purple and Aerosmith. Linkin Park will likely perform on the 18th, considering NovaRock takes place between the 14th and 17th and the band plays the Impact Festival on the 15th, and I-Day Milano on the 17th.

This is the poster that Rob Zombie posted on his Facebook page to announce his appearance at the festival - it has since been deleted. This is a fanmade poster - it leaked online on the Hellfest forums a few weeks ago. We cannot confirm if the rest of the lineup is real.

EDIT: The festival has now confirmed a different lineup from what Rob Zombie leaked, but with both Aerosmith and Linkin Park on the bill.

This is how 2017's touring schedule is looking so far:

• 2017.6.9-11 - Download Paris (Brétigny-sur-Orge, France)
  • 2017.6.14-17 - NovaRock (Nickelsdorf, Austria)
  • 2017.6.15 - Impact Festival (Kraków, Poland)
  • 2017.6.18 - Hellfest (Clisson, France)
  • 2017.6.23-25 - Hurricane (Scheeßel, Germany)
  • 2017.6.23-25 - Southside (Neuhausen ob Eck, Germany)
  • 2017.6.27 - Telekom VOLT Festival (Sopron, Hungary)

Who's excited? Linkin Park's 2017 tour is shaping up - we'll keep you covered on all of the show announcements coming up.

11/29/16 EDIT: CONFIRMED finally by Hellfest! Confirmed by Linkin Park.

That poster is fake no way guns n roses bon jovi are not headlining. No way you having blue oystercult scorpions n guns n bon not headlining

Read the thread.

This is the original draft of the festival's poster - it leaked online on the Hellfest forums a few weeks ago. Though the poster is not finalized, we can confirm that Linkin Park will be performing at the festival. We cannot confirm if the rest of the lineup is real, but it does seem likely since this is the early draft of the real poster.

So how are you able to confirm that LP is performing?

We can confirm it, the main post was edited. No idea about the rest of the lineup currently.

So is this a fan made poster or an early draft of the real poster? The two are quite different.

Fan made.

Hi all. Sorry for the confusion this created. I posted this myself when I saw it on Rob Zombie's Facebook earlier today. Linkin Park is playing the festival from what we know. As for the other part of the lineup, we have no idea who is on it or who is not on it.

Actually, it's likely Guns N Roses and Deftones both are NOT playing this festival. However, I do think Prophets of Rage, Linkin Park, Rob Zombie, and Aerosmith are all playing it. Anyway, the poster is not an authentic poster it seems due to GNR being on the third line and the outdated Linkin Park logo. My guess is that Rob Zombie's management posted this by knowing they're playing the festival and by knowing at least the headliners were correct, without even reading the rest of the bill.

I do not know when the band will confirm it themselves, we will see.

Hi all. Sorry for the confusion this created. I posted this myself when I saw it on Rob Zombie's Facebook earlier today. Linkin Park is playing the festival from what we know. As for the other part of the lineup, we have no idea who is on it or who is not on it.

Actually, it's likely Guns N Roses and Deftones both are NOT playing this festival. However, I do think Prophets of Rage, Linkin Park, Rob Zombie, and Aerosmith are all playing it. Anyway, the poster is not an authentic poster it seems due to GNR being on the third line and the outdated Linkin Park logo. My guess is that Rob Zombie's management posted this by knowing they're playing the festival and by knowing at least the headliners were correct, without even reading the rest of the bill.

I do not know when the band will confirm it themselves, we will see.

Thanks for the response and everything you do for this community of fans :)

https://www.facebook.com/hellfest/videos/10153936485702536/
"Aerosmith is the first headliner to be announced for the festival. The complete program will be announced in a few days, the countdown is officially launched!"

http://www.rtl2.fr/actu/regions/interview-hellfest-apres-aerosmith-l-integralite-de-la-programmation-annoncee-dans-quelques-jours-7785809017

roughly translated: "One would like to balance the rest of the program ... in ten days' "

Alexx Rebecq, communications director of the Hellfest (Interview on RTL2 today)

https://www.facebook.com/hellfest/videos/10153936485702536/

"Aerosmith is the first headliner to be announced for the festival. The complete program will be announced in a few days, the countdown is officially launched!"

http://www.rtl2.fr/actu/regions/interview-hellfest-apres-aerosmith-l-integralite-de-la-programmation-annoncee-dans-quelques-jours-7785809017

roughly translated: "One would like to balance the rest of the program ... in ten days' "

Alexx Rebecq, communications director of the Hellfest (Interview on RTL2 today)

so we could get a confirmation within 10 days?

Edited by RickLPL

• 2 weeks later...

I had *really* good rumors for Hellfest, but it was a month (!) since I heard anything about it. When this thread was made was when we were told they were on the lineup even though it was a fake lineup. So I removed the show since 4 weeks went by, and I thought something had happened and they got removed from it or something. I'm glad they're playing it!

First time France gets two shows in one tour and even the same year since 2008. LP sticks out on this lineup but the support acts are cool to see since they're so uniquely heavy.

Yes there are quite a few gaps for them to announce more shows. Russia, maybe Switzerland. We'll see. Lots of room for headlining shows, like 5 of them. Maybe another festival is in there too....not sure.

I would say that 3 shows could be announced between all these shows we known. One between Prague and NovaRock, second after Hellfest and DL Spain and the last one after the Telekom Volt Festival which could be OpenAir St Gallen which will announce their next bands at the end of January.

What after Werchter will happen...no one knows ;)

Edited by marzo23