Debuting New Site Updates

hahninator

Hi everyone,

Over the last few months, we have been working on some upgrades to the current version of LPLive. The ideas for some of these were born years ago and others were born very recently, but the band's time in the studio this year has allowed us to work on upgrading some of the information-based parts of the website.

Here's what we are adding to the site:

1. Statistics page. We decided it was finally time to bring in our first statistics page! Included on this page: Touring stats (most played countries, states, and cities, unplayed US states, most played venues), song statistics on albums and a list of top 25 songs which is MORE accurate than setlist.fm. Gallery stats and database stats (recently updated, recently added, most viewed), and more.

2. Show page statistics (seen here). A new section on show pages will be "show stats", which includes the number of show in the year, entire touring cycle (since current tour is in the top right of the page already), city, and state. This changes slightly for international shows. Show stats will be below the Other Notes and above the Sources on the page. Currently, these are implemented in the Hybrid Theory touring cycle and part of The Hunting Party touring cycle and will be completed soon for the rest of the years.

3. Clickable song titles in setlists (seen here). We debated for a while whether we want songs in the setlist to be redirected to a database list of every time the song has been performed, but this would be inaccurate for the two albums played the longest (Hybrid Theory and Meteora). Instead, you can click the songs in the setlists to take you to their new Linkinpedia page, which includes live information on how the song is performed along with full background information on the song. As of right now, this is working for just Linkin Park.

4. Clickable tour names on year pages (seen here). Going along with #2, you can click tour names on the year pages to take you to their new Linkinpedia pages. These pages will include a full background on the tour along with special information, passes, laminates, crew lists, and more. Since we had nowhere to store actual tour passes we were collecting, this will be the new home of those. Currently, these are mostly completed in the touring cycles for The Hunting Party, Living Things, and A Thousand Suns as we work backwards to implement this feature.

5. Collapsible sources (seen here). The show pages are getting more information than ever with Show Notes, Other Notes, Set Notes, Show Stats, the Gallery, and more. Sometimes we end up with quite a few recording sources and the show pages are quite big. Now, the sources will come collapsed and you can click to expand them.

*NEW, 11/11* 6. Dropdown menus. The Linkin Park dropdown was getting too big with 2000-2017 (+ guesting) listed in one menu. We separated them to 2000-2009, and then 2010-2017. Every ten years will get their own menu for now.

We hope you enjoy these new features!

As we finish implementing them to all of the site, we'd like to ask...what features would you like to see added to LPLive in the future?

Glad we finally rolled this out. The other day I noticed that the email where I proposed the statistics page idea was started on 22.10.14. It's weird how long some thing can take.

On a side not, the collapse feature is currently broken in the Hybrid theme, I hope I can locate the problem quickly.

"Linkin Park shows: 976"

How are we going to celebrate the 1000th?

This includes all the shows, even Xero, Hybrid Theory.

To get the number for the shows as actual Linkin Park with the name you'd have to substract the previous shows.

We'll never know what their 1000th show is exactly, since we don't know how many shows they played as Hybrid Theory.

So that's 961 as Linkin Park, so they'll probably crack the 1000th show this year. If not next year.

I wonder if the band is keeping track of that in someway. Wouldn't surprise me if the management came up with some astronomic number that's completely false. Just like the 320 shows in 1 year number.

I totally forgot the 1,000th show will likely happen in 2017. We need to celebrate this big time. Maybe we should even go.

We should inform the band about this! :D

Great features though. I'm excited to try them out

shouldn't least played shows per year be 2016? Right now it says 2005

In my opinion... the show China 2016 is not a real LP concert!

It isn't. I agree with you. This all started because we have had several performances where 2+ members of LP are performing alone.

http://lplive.net/shows/db/2013/20130628

http://lplive.net/shows/db/2014/20140321

http://lplive.net/shows/db/2016/20160630

We never really figured out what to do with those, whether to make a new page or not, since they actually are LP members playing LP songs, but not the whole band. The guesting page http://lplive.net/shows/guesting comes from 2+ members of the band guesting with another artist/band playing LP songs and/or other bands songs, or collaboration songs.

I am always open to discussing the best way to do things like this. Until 2013, we never had a problem with this.

There are also a few show pages where fans were not in attendance for rehearsals, but we have setlists. Lestat wanted to do a rehearsals page, but I think we decided against it years ago because we never had much info on rehearsals. Like, we know they rehearsed at Live 8 2005, but we don't have a setlist. We do know they rehearsed for most of these TV show performances...we have a list somewhere in our staff files of known rehearsal performances without fans in attendance.

I feel like these could be mistaken for actual shows:

http://lplive.net/shows/db/2011/20110602

http://lplive.net/shows/db/2012/20120504

I would say if the songs are played acoustic or piano style by Mike and Chester like they often did at the summits there are LP performances!

But Chester is singing to some beats or Joe only pressed PLAY like they did in China this year...that is not a LP concert or performance

I would say if the songs are played acoustic or piano style by Mike and Chester like they often did at the summits there are LP performances!

But Chester is singing to some beats or Joe only pressed PLAY like they did in China this year...that is not a LP concert or performance

I get your state of mind but I have to disagree. Guitar is an instrument the same as turntables.

Also saying that we shouldn't add it because "Joe only pressed play" will lead us to ignore an imaginary example of LP playing at the Super Bowl (where the instruments are pre-recorded) and leave it out of the live guide?

If the show was promoted as "Linkin Park" this is a Linkin Park's show no matter how many band members actually was there, simple as that. The Shanghai one was a surprise so it's a bit tricky but then again it was more than one band member playing the band's songs. The same happened in Salt Lake City 2013 (Chester and Phoenix) and Beverly Hills 2014 (Chester and Mike).

Nice! I do really enjoy statistics, so this makes me glad, thank you!

This includes all the shows, even Xero, Hybrid Theory.
To get the number for the shows as actual Linkin Park with the name you'd have to substract the previous shows.
We'll never know what their 1000th show is exactly, since we don't know how many shows they played as Hybrid Theory.

So that's 961 as Linkin Park, so they'll probably crack the 1000th show this year. If not next year.
I wonder if the band is keeping track of that in someway. Wouldn't surprise me if the management came up with some astronomic number that's completely false. Just like the 320 shows in 1 year number.

I think you (or whoever writes the pages on LPL) should write the 961 in a paranthesis beside the 977 number on the page.

I'm very sure the band doesn't keep the track of the number of shows they played, if they would do that, then according to them they would surpass 1000 for a long time ago.

Hybrid Theory EP: 2 of 6 (Step Up, And One)
Reanimation: 2 of 20 (Frgt/10, P5hng Me A*wy)

How about High Voltage?

They also performed One Step Closer very closely to Reanimation version. And Fort Minor performed In The End from the album.

The list also lacks Recharged.

• 2 weeks later...

It was definitely the biggest one until that point.

Biggest crowd (festival): ~90,000 (2008.06.07 Lisboa, Portugal - Rock in Rio Lisboa III)
Biggest crowd (headline show): 65,300+ (2012.11.10 Johannesburg, South Africa)
Biggest crowd ever: estimated 750,000+ to 1,000,000+ (2005.07.02 - Philadelphia, PA - Live 8)

http://lplive.net/statistics

We are treating the Brazil 2004 show as a festival performance, that's why it isn't their biggest headline solo show.

• 2 weeks later...