OML Tour: Rumors + Official

RogueSoul

Their statement was:

"Our love for making and performing music is inextinguishable," the band wrote. "While we don't know what path our future may take, we know that each of our lives was made better by you. Thank you for that gift. We love you, and miss you so much."

To me, that says they plan on continuing on and even playing live without Chester. I'll admit, it did shock me a bit, since Chester is 100% not replaceable, but who knows. There are plenty of other bands and artists out there that I would support of Linkin Park without Chester. I just feel bad for all the fans who love Linkin Park and want them to continue. So like I said, I'm not gonna say they shouldn't continue, because a lot of people want them to, it's just my own personal opinion that they shouldn't.

And there are quite a few that Chester didn't sing on in Linkin Park's catalog, but none of them are big songs at all, most are very obscure, underground songs. Invisible was the closest to being a hit with Mike singing lead.

The setlists were basically just singles. I don't see them selling out arenas by skipping the singles all of a sudden. Idk how this is going to work but something feels wrong about them continuing to me as well. It's not the same and it will never be for this band.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The setlists were basically just singles. I don't see them selling out arenas by skipping the singles all of a sudden. Idk how this is going to work but something feels wrong about them continuing to me as well. It's not the same and it will never be for this band.

I know, that's why I said originally that they would have to drastically change the set if they continue without getting a new singer. Like I said before, Chester was Linkin Park. I know for me personally that I probably wouldn't go to a Linkin Park show without Chester, nor would I buy their music, etc. But I do like the community for the memories it gave me in the past and stuff from the old days of 1997-2008 is popping up all the time.

• 4 months later...

Shit

Andy Copping said that Linkin Park were supposed to play at Download Festival 2018

How are they going to play a hard rock and metal festival without Chester Bennington? There is no Linkin Park without Chester Bennington, but even if they tried, they'd FOR SURE have to get a new vocalist by then, one who can scream heavily.

How are they going to play a hard rock and metal festival without Chester Bennington? There is no Linkin Park without Chester Bennington, but even if they tried, they'd FOR SURE have to get a new vocalist by then, one who can scream heavily.

There were negotiations before Chester's passing. It's not like they would ask them to play knowing that their lead singer is dead.

There were negotiations before Chester's passing. It's not like they would ask them to play knowing that their lead singer is dead.

Yeah, Mike recently did say they had plans to tour for OML well into 2018 anyways but it was expected. They probably could play stuff like Download again but they would for sure have to get a new vocalist... I don't think anyone at a hard rock/metal festival wants to hear Mike Shinoda sing the extremely slow songs he did at Hollywood Bowl. LOL. People want to hear Hybrid Theory, Meteora and a few other hard rock songs from other albums, like BIO, you know how those types of crowds can be.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm a mess. I just can't deal with the loss of Chester. I misread wesley's original post. I took it as a rumor that they'd be playing Download 2018, not that they were supposed to have been playing it. Whenever the future without Chester comes up, I get defensive immediately and I need to learn to cope with it. I don't want to come across as dick about the rest of the band and stuff, deep down. I know they will continue and probably replace Chester. I just need to learn how to cope with that in my head. It's been really hard for me.

Edited by Geki