OML Tour: Rumors + Official

RogueSoul

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that could be possible but then they should announce their shows there. Maybe they will play Lollapalooza in Brazil, Chile and Argentina

Argentina's Lollapalooza lineup is already confirmed. No Linkin Park at least in this festival.

Edited by HybridT

I do believe that the album is almost done they are probably just mixing it because Phoenix is on vacation right now in Mexico, Chester will be busy in december with Kings so that's a lot of free time to start touring in February or March.

Pooch isn't available for LP until mid-March, and they'd rehearse for a few weeks or even a month, meaning the tour would start - at earliest - in May.

So many of the other crew members besides Pooch are out with other bands, he's just one example. Digby surely can't find an entirely new crew to use. I don't see any dates happening before May, or late April.

It takes them a whole 3-4 weeks to rehearse a new live show. Hell it took them like 10 days to rehearse Castle of Glass LOL

Right, he's more than capable of doing it is, I understand that. But it seems unlikely they'd part ways with so many people who have been with them for so long. But I'm just a fan, I'm not in the business and I don't know much about it. We can speculate all we want I guess, because none of us really know anything (touring start date, album month, etc). I hope we get some information sooner rather than later.

Right, he's more than capable of doing it is, I understand that. But it seems unlikely they'd part ways with so many people who have been with them for so long. But I'm just a fan, I'm not in the business and I don't know much about it. We can speculate all we want I guess, because none of us really know anything (touring start date, album month, etc). I hope we get some information sooner rather than later.

Linkin Park don't seem like the kind of people that would just drop people they've been working with for years and have had relationships with for years. I'm sure they'll keep Pooch and everyone else. I highly doubt they will even be touring by March. It's almost December and we still don't even have a first single yet. I don't even think the band is done writing the album yet as of right now. The way they worked on this album cycle is different than LT and THP were. MTM and ATS were both done when WID and TC officially dropped, I believe, while when BID and GATS were officially dropped, they were still writing the album and they came out months before. I think that's how they're doing it this time around as well. I think there is still around 3 months of time that the band is going to spend writing the album and finishing it up, then comes choosing the single, choosing the promo for this run, choosing the artwork, choosing the album title, setting up shows and marketing, etc. I think we are still a ways away, as much as I hate to say it. I'm thinking maybe a May or June 2017 release for the album at this point since 2016 is basically over and we still don't even have a single yet.

Edited by Geki

You can replace one or two people here and there but not an entire working team, that is basically a family.

We'll know when they are done with then album and then it will be released 3 months later, like always.

So if it's not done now, we won't get it before March and so on.

You can replace one or two people here and there but not an entire working team, that is basically a family.

We'll know when they are done with then album and then it will be released 3 months later, like always.

So if it's not done now, we won't get it before March and so on.

I think single in March, album in June.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

this loss is so fatal that we still try to figure out some optimistic option, but can you guys imagine new singer rocking hard during Given Up, One Step Closer or AFMH? Only 3-4 months after our hero passing? It would disrespectful and rude. I hope those shows will be canceled or they will continue as 5

Like I said in the Newswire, Chester's oldest song, Jaime, writes music. Talinda says he is just as talented as Chester. Why not have him take over? All fans would support it and Mike could definitely help train him, etc. Perfect fit IMO.

We can't. It's over.

It kind of is but I know a lot of people want LP to continue. If it were up to me, I would have ended the band since it's already 17 years into their career with tons of Grammy's and albums sold, and you really can't continue without Chester.

this loss is so fatal that we still try to figure out some optimistic option, but can you guys imagine new singer rocking hard during Given Up, One Step Closer or AFMH? Only 3-4 months after our hero passing? It would disrespectful and rude. I hope those shows will be canceled or they will continue as 5

Given Up is a song that nobody on this Earth can perform the way Chester did, that song was so fucking unique to Chester in terms of his screaming and singing on it. Just his essence is all over that track. I read in Rolling Stone that Jared Leto said Chester was balancing the Angel and the Demon on his shoulders, and sometimes the demon would come out in his voice, and sometimes the angel would come out in his voice. Given Up is 100% the demon in Chester unleashing. Lol. Just listen to that put me out of my fucking misery scream, accompanied with the 18 second long scream.

Their statement says otherwise.

It said they wanted to continue making music? I know that they will do so but I doubt it will be under the LP name. Again, just my opinion and thoughts on the matter. Chester sang on every single LP has ever put out, if I'm not mistaken. Can't replace that.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

It said they wanted to continue making music? I know that they will do so but I doubt it will be under the LP name. Again, just my opinion and thoughts on the matter. Chester sang on every single LP has ever put out, if I'm not mistaken. Can't replace that.

Their statement was:

"Our love for making and performing music is inextinguishable," the band wrote. "While we don't know what path our future may take, we know that each of our lives was made better by you. Thank you for that gift. We love you, and miss you so much."

To me, that says they plan on continuing on and even playing live without Chester. I'll admit, it did shock me a bit, since Chester is 100% not replaceable, but who knows. There are plenty of other bands and artists out there that I would support of Linkin Park without Chester. I just feel bad for all the fans who love Linkin Park and want them to continue. So like I said, I'm not gonna say they shouldn't continue, because a lot of people want them to, it's just my own personal opinion that they shouldn't.

And there are quite a few that Chester didn't sing on in Linkin Park's catalog, but none of them are big songs at all, most are very obscure, underground songs. Invisible was the closest to being a hit with Mike singing lead.