2015.07.19 - Shenzhen, China

china.jpg

The tour is on! After a successful first show in Nanjing, The Hunting Party Chinese Tour is ready to get rolling! Linkin Park is heading to their next show in Shenzhen, where they will perform at the Shenzhen Banging Sports Centre Stadium on July 19, 2015! That's this Sunday!

Since I covered the brief history of Linkin Park's endeavors in China in the Nanjing pre-show post, I'll summarize it a little here. The band has played in the country three times: 2007, and twice in 2009 (as well as cancelled shows in 2008 due to Chester sustaining an injury). The show in 2007, the band's first show in China (and the first true rock show in China!) featured then-new tracks from Minutes To Midnight, like 'The Little Things Give You Away'. The band returned in 2009, for two shows: one in Shanghai, and one in Macao. Unlike Shanghai 2007, the band was forced to drop two songs, 'Given Up' and 'Hands Held High' by request of the government in Shanghai 2009. The next show in Macao did not have the same restrictions, and even a few surprises, such as verse 1 of 'Papercut' being rapped over the extended intro of 'Bleed It Out', as well as part of the chorus of 'Papercut' over the extended bridge.

The first show of the tour in Shanghai went pretty smoothly, despite the SWAT team being at the show and making everyone sit down before the show began. Good job, China.

The band performed the Full US Festival setlist (that was also performed in Mexico at the end of June), with a few changes. The most major change: the dropping of 'Crawling' from the encore, despite appearing as the opener of the encore on the printed setlist. The reason for this unknown; could it have been because the band was tired? They dropped 'Fallout' and 'The Catalyst' on the first show of the A Thousand Suns North American Tour in Sunrise, Florida due to the band being tired. Perhaps the same thing happened here - jetlag's a bitch. Or, maybe the band just didn't feel like playing it. This happened at the beginning of the Honda Civic Tour in 2012, on the Living Things tour. 'Crawling' appeared in early versions of all three variations of setlists, but wasn't even performed once! The band didn't feel like playing it, so the song was dropped at all the shows. I can't blame them - Chester's lately been having a hard time with the song, and it hasn't exactly sounded 100% at recent shows. Perhaps its time 'Crawling' saw a break once and for all? Whether or not 'Crawling' returns will remain a mystery until this show.

Another fun moment from this show includes a rare band soundcheck, where the rehearsed 'Given Up' and a censored version of 'Remember The Name' ("these other fellas he runs with"). It's unlikely we will see a different setlist this tour, given the lack of rehearsal time (a whopping 0 minutes), but, who knows, maybe the band has a trick up their sleeves. According to this document, these are the 42 songs the band has been approved to play in China. 'A Place For My Head'? 'Lost In The Echo'? Yes, please.

It seems like 'Keys To The Kingdom' will not be played this tour as Linkin Park didn't rehearse before the tour at Third Encore, like usual. Maybe we'll see it in Europe, but it's unlikely to appear in China at all.

Something interesting to note about this tour is that is is the first tour in Linkin Park's headlining act history that has not featured meet and greets. Sure, certain shows over the years have lacked M&Gs, but never an entire tour. Well, perhaps that's a bit harsh. Technically, there are M&Gs. Are they planned right? Weeelllllll... Let's explain. The meet and greets are available to fans... who happen to own a Mercedes-Benz or are some type of Mercedes Benz VIP members - not open to the LPU. So, if you're in China and have a Mercedes? Eureka! The Nanjing M&G was essentially the Mercedes-Benz Summit: a soundcheck (private, but the promoters were able to watch it), an organized Q&A, and a M&G in front of a nice Mercedes Benz backdrop.

Despite the Meet & Greet system being funky this tour, the LPU has tried to salvage it for the Chinese fans! If you live in two of the cities the tour is coming to...Shenzhen (this show!) or in Chongquing, LPU Meetups have been officially set up! Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that the band members will attend these events as their attendance is not even mentioned on the LPU events page. But, if you're looking to chill with some fellow fans, it's just the place for you!

Sorry, Shanghai and Beijing!

While Shanghai has, in the end, gotten the short end of the stick (though you may be able to get into the after party with a DJ set by Joe and then meet him), Beijing still has some good news. Perhaps less so for actual attendees and more so for Linkin Park fans everywhere! That's because this show will be live streamed thanks to our new summit-providers, Mercedes-Benz! Mark your calendars for July 27, and keep track of the countdown to make sure you don't miss it! Heads up: it's not the best times for North and South America, but Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia (for once) have a convenient time to watch the livestream!

Will anyone be at the show? Shoutout to our friends @LINKIN_SOUL (who have a great name, might I add), who have done an EXCELLENT job livetweeting the last show in China. Here's to hoping they can keep it up! Other country fansites, take notes! If you're growing impatient waiting for live updates, perhaps take a look at some of our new discussion topics, maybe you're intrigued: talk about Linkin Park's latest setlists and live performance, look at a history of LPU's 15 years, and discuss what you think about Linkin Park becoming a brand. All three topics have interesting ideas being thrown back and forth, you should chip in too!

Be sure to follow us on social media for updates on the world of Linkin Park! We post some awesome pictures of the band on our Instagram, if that's your thing. Like our Facebook page, while your at it! We've even started using Weibo to connect with the Chinese fanbase a little more, so follow us there if you're on Weibo! And, of course, for updates on the show, check back here or follow us on Twitter.

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2015 touring schedule here.

Same setlist of course, but Crawling no longer listed. Sucks they don't replace it with something else.

LPU Meetups had the band there surprisingly even though the LPU didn't mention it. However, Mercedes Benz was there too. Couldn't get autographs, just a group picture. Geeze.

Of the 5 LP shows I've been to, my favorite is still the Macau one. This one ranked #3 on my list behind Macau and '13 HK. Also this is my first stadium show (although the seating zoning and the chairs really makes you mad when you're on ground level.)

About the show, I finally got to see the last one of my top 3 songs on HT, Runaway (the other two being POA and With You). I think Chester's voice is quite solid this time, better than the previous 4 shows I've seen.

I'm sure the crowd have been waiting for years for this show cause I can hear everyone around me screaming and singing to every word on every song (except for a guy a few rows in front of me remains seated and texting throughout whole show).

The amount of money/effort put onto production really paid off (at least for this show, I'm sure for the rest of the tour also). I'm speechless when I first look at the lights all over the stage. There is also a few shots on the screen showing the whole stadium from a very high angle (sth you can't see for an indoor arena show). Production is the best of the 5 shows I attended.

YouTube is banned there so we'll have to check Weibo. I can find these 15 second clips on Weibo (similar to Instagram videos), but not any full ones.

Check out the burn it down flac recorded by my friend ExtremeCode.

He got the full show but that also got his voice so he only gave me this.

https://mega.nz/#!TxcVmSqC!svKc3H88-2gfeL0gBu4WWHkI7KIWcCM4at4esBz_HtU

Thanks,... have streans in the next shows china or video tv?

In fact there are lots of videos in the baidu tieba(A kind of forum).You can use Google translate to find the past China concert videos and photos there.

Baidu linkin Bar

the full show need to be released

I will try to ask him about that. Edited by Vorist

5 hours to download, oh boy :P

Any possibility that someone can upload it elsewhere?

In fact there are lots of videos in the baidu tieba(A kind of forum).You can use Google translate to find the past China concert videos and photos there.Baidu linkin Bar

I will try to ask him about that.

Sorry I don't know how to use MEGA......

But I think Extreme's version is better than Spicy Fire's,you can take that instead of this.

Spicy Fire also told me Billywen gave him the full video recorded by himself, it's about 17G,the quality is better than Vorist's one,but because it's size, he hadn't uploaded it yet.

1437483026x1822614197.jpg

Edited by Exogensis

Sorry I don't know how to use MEGA......

But I think Extreme's version is better than Spicy Fire's,you can take that instead of this.

Spicy Fire also told me Billywen gave him the full video recorded by himself, it's about 17G,the quality is better than Vorist's one,but because it's size, he hadn't uploaded it yet.

1437483026x1822614197.jpg

Just ask him to upload it to baiduyun.I will take care of the rest.Uploading the file without shutting down the computer is not that hard .

Just watched the show. Some notes:

- Chester messed up the final chorus of ALITS. Instead of singing the final chorus, he sang chorus 2 again.

- Chester mixed the up the ending of the Final Masquerade verses. He sang "to what we left behind" at the end of verse 1, and "to something we won't find" at the end of verse 2.

- Seems like only Rob played with Mike on Welcome. Can't see Joe or Phoneix there. I might be wrong, though.

- Mike played guitar on the ITE bridge again.

The production was simply amazing for this show. The lights and the video screens blew me away.

Edited by Mesck547

Finally ExtremeCode gave me his tape.

Linkin.Park.-.Live.at.Shenzhen.Bay.Sports.Center.2015.07.19-ExtremeCode

Full show in FLAC

MEGA

Full Show 1080p by billywen

MEGA

Thank you so much!

the production and the visuals are indeed incredible