LPU VyRT on Wednesday

RogueSoul

vyrt3.jpg

Lorenzo and Lulu of the LPU (alliteration, hell yeah) will be on the LPU VyRT room on Wednesday, April 15 at 4 PST (convert your time zone here!). They'll be answering questions about the LPU and Linkin Park's upcoming summer tour. Members of the band will be appearing on VyRT later in the month (a band chat announcement is coming soon!)

This isn't the first time Linkin Park will be utilizing VyRT. For those unaware, VyRT is Jared Leto's online ticketing company that allows fans to experience shows live from the comfort of their homes. The band used it back in September 2014, on the Carnivores Tour - first to stream the Q&A from the Woodlands, Texas summit and a second time to stream the show from the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, California.

Official Statement:

LPU members-

For LPU XIV we are thrilled to introduce VyRT for LPU; a new, live, intimate and interactive experience where the chats and many new features will live.

Join us on Wednesday, April 15th at 4pm PST for a LPU HQ Chat on VyRT. Lorenzo and Lulu will be there to answer your questions about the upcoming summer tour as well as any LPU related topics.

Stay tuned for the April band chat announcement coming soon.

LPU Members - check your email for details on how to enter the VyRT chat room.

KNEW this was coming LOL. I put STP in the Newswire for ya man. I will be doing more News related items that way.

As I already told you in FB it was so good that you listen to me, one of the most soldiers that LPL has

While listening to HHH I say to you

Amen.

BTW I wasn't sarcastic about this newspost, I'm actually glad that there are more news.

Must be an awesome experience to post anything related to 30STM

ANything interesting kiddo?

I strike at any opportunity :P

I didn't catch anything really of interest tbh, just some merch stuff (LPU Beach ball) and stuff we'd probably assume anyway (i.e. rehearsals start beginning of May). I missed the second half so maybe I did miss something of interest.

Meh...VERY surprised they've elected to continue their relationship with VyRT after the absolute trainwreck that was the Hollywood Bowl live broadcast...must be some extra money in it for them, I guess.

Edited by Astat

VyRT messed up Hollywood Bowl pretty badly, but I bet that was because their systems had thousands of fans that they weren't prepared for. Surely they knew thousands of LP fans from across the world (and the three Mars fans) would watch the broadcast, but I guess their system wasn't prepared. Did they ever rebroadcast it? http://lplive.net/shows/db/2014/20140915 Our recordings are all missing part of LP.

However, a concert broadcast to thousands and a private band member chat to a few hundred max are pretty different.

VyRT is better than the current LPU chat I know for a FACT just because the band can now do LPU chats on their phones, etc without needing a computer. If Mike hops in on tour backstage, then that's gold and is already a win for us. I think we'll see an increased amount of band chats due to this. I've talked with Lorenzo about VyRT and it has taken a while to implement but it's a great upgrade. Leto is on the thing all the time, as Soul can tell you.

If we are lucky, maybe they'll broadcast another show (which will hopefully work) on it sometime. Whatever that possible Hybrid Theory 15th Anniversary celebration is in October...if it's a show....good time to use it.

What was said about the problems at the Hollywood Bowl was that it was some sort of server attack, not that the servers were overwhelmed (though that might have just been an excuse; idk, I believe it). Next LPU chat is on Monday, I'll write up a post.

What was said about the problems at the Hollywood Bowl was that it was some sort of server attack, not that the servers were overwhelmed (though that might have just been an excuse; idk, I believe it). Next LPU chat is on Monday, I'll write up a post.

Even if it's true I wouldn't care. If I pay for something I expect it to run and don't accept excuses. Especially since there are free streaming services that do a way better job.

Even if it's true I wouldn't care. If I pay for something I expect it to run and don't accept excuses. Especially since there are free streaming services that do a way better job.

Well, keep in mind this: it's not a consistent problem. If they're under attack, they did their best to resolve the issues. MARS delayed their set so they could resolve the issue as best they could. You can't blame them for something like that (if you were in a similar position, being sabotaged, it's not necessarily something you'd like to be blamed for). And that was a few months ago, too - the site has vastly improved since then.