What's Next For Linkin Park?

hahninator

I seriously hope they won't cancel Summerfest show. Not likely, being their first time there, but possible.

What would it being their first time there have to do with anything? Chester's recover period is only six weeks - he'll be good as new by late-February/early March (with additional physical therapy if necessary). Doubt they'll have many more cancelations due to this issue for the rest of the year.

Easier said than done. Scheduling a tour to begin with is a nightmare in itself. It's not like these arenas have their doors open waiting for LP to play there. Most of these places have a lot of other events taking place that they need to schedule around. Plus a lot of these shows weren't even selling well due to their odd locations. I wouldn't doubt that they would be losing some money on this tour, even if it was continued it as planned.

It's a lot easier to just do a mass refund in the event of a (nearly) full tour cancellation like this, and then try to play as many of those cities as possible later on. There are probably a handful of shows that they COULD reschedule at this point, but they don't know exactly what day Chester will be medically cleared to play again, plus there would be the whole "why is this show getting rescheduled but not this one" confusion going on between the fanbases of all 3 bands. This is really the best option for everyone involved - fans all get their money back, band doesn't have to frantically try to throw together a reorganized series of shows when their singer's availability is a big question mark until at least March.

Bring on the May/June shows, and hopefully we'll get something cool/interesting from the band in the meantime.

Chester did say he'd be back to "kicking ass in 6 weeks" so that leads me to believe they will attempt to reschedule the THP tour within the coming months.

Apart from that, we can probably expect a lot of work being done on Mike and Chester's end. Mike focusing primarily on music for LP and (though very unlikely) Fort Minor, while Chester has down time to write new music with STP and vocally rehearse for their upcoming show.

Additionally, it could be possible that with the way A Light That Never Comes was being promoted, Steve Aoki and LP could plan a couple small live performances and a music video for their upcoming track, "Horizons" (or whatever the final title is) off of Aoki's upcoming album, Neon Future Part II. This is assuming he picks it out to be a single, which is very probable.

What would it being their first time there have to do with anything? Chester's recover period is only six weeks - he'll be good as new by late-February/early March (with additional physical therapy if necessary). Doubt they'll have many more cancelations due to this issue for the rest of the year.

I'm just saying anything is possible.

Lets make it easy. Do festivals and then have the Summer tour like always and have the shows in the same cities as THP Tour but at known stadiums or arenas. LP does not need to be re-hyped. There a big act. Take this time to just recover Chester & work on music and do some shows here and there.

LP is never doing Projekt Revolution again.... costs too much...

2011 was their last and final tour of that type.

Have LP actually said that PR was gone forever? They're like one of the biggest bands in the world, and it costs too much? They could afford to do it anually years ago, but not now?

Have LP actually said that PR was gone forever? They're like one of the biggest bands in the world, and it costs too much? They could afford to do it anually years ago, but not now?

I think they said somewhere that they weren't gonna do PR anymore.

I could be wrong tho, but I doubt they'll even do a PR Tour for the rest of their career.

http://www.ocregister.com/entertainment/linkinparkchesterbenningtonprojektrevolutionchriscornellverizonwirelessamphitheaterirvine-72914--.html

They said they would do a PR 20o14 tour, but they never did

Edited by Figure-0562

I've noticed that Chester has been resting his voice when he can on difficult parts. Like on Numb the crowd does half of the bridge and part of the last chorus, Faint with Austin, parts of BIO, and of course ITE will always have a bridge for the audience.

http://instagram.com/p/yXbQX6OVcr/?modal=true

Joe is in the studio today, which must mean something if even he is there. Mike had a post on IG saying that he was writing something right before the tour, so now they can use this next month to get a jump start on the writing or recording. It looks like they are doing this.

I think they said somewhere that they weren't gonna do PR anymore.

I could be wrong tho, but I doubt they'll even do a PR Tour for the rest of their career.

http://www.ocregister.com/entertainment/linkinparkchesterbenningtonprojektrevolutionchriscornellverizonwirelessamphitheaterirvine-72914--.html

They said they would do a PR 20o14 tour, but they never did

I'm sure they'll resurrect the Projekt Revolution name at some point, but I doubt they'll ever do another PR tour in terms of the whole "traveling festival" thing like they used to. That style of tour has almost completely died off, particularly in the U.S.

I've noticed that Chester has been resting his voice when he can on difficult parts. Like on Numb the crowd does half of the bridge and part of the last chorus, Faint with Austin, parts of BIO, and of course ITE will always have a bridge for the audience.

http://instagram.com/p/yXbQX6OVcr/?modal=true

Joe is in the studio today, which must mean something if even he is there. Mike had a post on IG saying that he was writing something right before the tour, so now they can use this next month to get a jump start on the writing or recording. It looks like they are doing this.

That's Joe's home studio...

why is that? poor sales?

The supply of festivals is at an all-time high and they would have to compete with those "one-off big-ass weekend festivals" which are more popular both for fans and sponsors, so it's is not worth the trouble slash not profitable enough.

They could easily add headline shows between the festivals, though. They can bring crowds, hell look at the northeast and look at Florida. Guaranteed markets. Headline Dallas and Houston before Rocklahoma, shit, Texas always turns out for LP.

The Brooklyn show would have been fine but it seems that with the snow, the Hershey show stood a big chance of being canceled.