LPU XIV Is Here!

Skipees

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the Dave Sbeat typo is on the CD case as well... -_-

That's probably how LP entered it into their hard drive or whatever and they didn't want to change it so it would be more authentic to us, like we were getting raw demos.

so the Dave Sbeat typo is on the CD case as well... -_-

I don't think that it's a typo.

Dave Sbeat is written like that, since you can pronounce it like 'speed'. So I always thought, that Phoenix is on the vocals and Joe is just the music.

Dave Sbeat is just the Alter Ego of Phoenix to me, for the fun stuff like the rapping one he did with Mike in the car.

I don't think that it's a typo.

Dave Sbeat is written like that, since you can pronounce it like 'speed'. So I always thought, that Phoenix is on the vocals and Joe is just the music.

Dave Sbeat is just the Alter Ego of Phoenix to me, for the fun stuff like the rapping one he did with Mike in the car.

That's 100% Joe on vocals on that song. Sounds nothing like Phoenix's voice.

Dave Sbeat = Dave's Beat. Phoenix came up with the drum thing, Joe did the vocals. Not that hard to figure out...some people look WAY too much into things.

What I don't understand is how something like Froctagon can sound so shitty in quality while something like After Canada can sound so good in quality. 4 year different and the latter sounds worse in quality? :huh:

It's just shitty mastering/editing, it has nothing to do when this was recorded. It's not the quality, it's just too loud.

It's just shitty mastering/editing, it has nothing to do when this was recorded. It's not the quality, it's just too loud.

I think Froctagon actually sounded the way it did pre-mastering. It sounds like it's only the guitar tracks that are clipping really bad, which shouldn't be something that happens in mastering, when they're working on the track as a whole. I remember in one of the videos of Mike showing off his home studio, he talked about how he likes to overdrive the hell out of his preamps when recording guitars to get a really crunchy sound. He might have cranked it up a little too much when he recorded this song and had the tracks clipping by the time they hit the front end of his interface. In a more formal studio environment, definitely something you'd correct and re-record immediately, but for a home demo, maybe he just figured "good enough for now."

I think this year's LPU shows that LP is starting to run out of "good" demos to release. They're probably sitting on their last handful of demos with completed vocals, and everything else is probably "seed stage" stuff. A lot of this year's demos sound like things Mike worked on by himself that may have never even seen any input by the rest of the band.

I think this year's LPU shows that LP is starting to run out of "good" demos to release. They're probably sitting on their last handful of demos with completed vocals, and everything else is probably "seed stage" stuff. A lot of this year's demos sound like things Mike worked on by himself that may have never even seen any input by the rest of the band.

I agree. I honestly wouldn't mind if they stopped giving us 10 demos every year and just went back to the old style, the 6 track CD with a mix of cool rare live tracks and b-sides, etc.

I disagree. I think they chose these for a "weaker" LPU CD (aka no full b-sides/completed songs) because of how much other stuff came out this year. I think that's a pretty good theory. The album was released and we also got Mall. LPU13 had Primo, etc.

The band has a ton of stuff lying around. You don't think they have more Pretty Birdy-esque stuff from Meteora? Sitting on their last handful of demos? Surely they have 100 files+ of just stuff from ATS. Messenger with the choir, a million WTCFM demos, etc. I don't think they are running out at all. Let's see the next LPU CD before we jump to any conclusions. I highly doubt everything else is "seed stage" stuff. There are other full demos like Primo that exist, surely. Look at all of the stuff on LPU9 - demos of completed songs. We don't have a ton of that stuff....I bet they have quite a lot sitting around.

I think there are a good bit of songs that are at a completed stage like NRL with Chester's vocals, but that is one song that is incredibly unlikely to be released. There are fans that don't know that song, so why would it make sense to release a demo of it?

The most likely reason that this was a mostly instrumental album was because we got THP just a few months before LPUXIV. Next year should have more songs with vocals because we will most likely not have a major release from the band.

I think there are a good bit of songs that are at a completed stage like NRL with Chester's vocals, but that is one song that is incredibly unlikely to be released. There are fans that don't know that song, so why would it make sense to release a demo of it?

The most likely reason that this was a mostly instrumental album was because we got THP just a few months before LPUXIV. Next year should have more songs with vocals because we will most likely not have a major release from the band.

They aren't ever going to give us epic stuff like NRL Chester version or stuff like My December Team Sleep Remix, etc. Pictureboard will never come out. The thoughts that take away my pride demo will probably never make a LPU release.

Edited by Geki