2014.11.19 - Berlin, Germany (Live DVD + Broadcast)

RogueSoul

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found an interesting article about the technical stuff for the 4k broadcast, it's in German though:

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/4K-ueber-Satellit-Linkin-Park-aus-Berlin-live-ins-Wohnzimmer-2460739.html

Short summary:

- Twelve 4k cameras were used (11 Sony F55 and a brand new Toshiba camera)

- they installed extra lights throughout the area, and on stage for more depth, the light was very challenging in general

- the LED screens had to be changed from 60Hz to 50Hz to avoid flickering in the video

- the raw signal was sent via fiber to be transcoded from 12 Gbit/s to 35 Mbit/s and then sent to the satellite

- 120 people were involved in the production

- it was decided to do this only a few weeks before the concert

- the guitars were "polished"

Found an interesting article about the technical stuff for the 4k broadcast, it's in German though:

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/4K-ueber-Satellit-Linkin-Park-aus-Berlin-live-ins-Wohnzimmer-2460739.html

Short summary:

- Twelve 4k cameras were used (11 Sony F55 and a brand new Toshiba camera)

- the raw signal was sent via fiber to be transcoded from 12 Gbit/s to 35 Mbit/s and then sent to the satellite

WoW.12 Gbit/s!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly hope that they don't release this. Don't get me wrong, it's a great show and crowd but the video quality is kinda disappointing. I understand that this was a live broadcast, and the editing is flawed because of that but for most of the show their skin color is off and the cams are shaking all the time with tons of lense flares that make it look shitty and blurry. I think the main problem is that the light show is just too complex for those cameras to capture it properly.

We are moving our broadcast of this show up to next weekend, instead of this weekend. That's because of the DirecTV Guitar Center Sessions stuff happening this weekend, and we want to get a download of that up ASAP. Hell, maybe we can webcast both between the 12th-14th if we can get everything together. We'll see.

Still wanting to webcast Berlin soon, like I said....I haven't even seen it yet. The one video clip I saw, the camera at the back of the arena was so shaky it didn't look appeasing to me.

Can't you own ATS+ and LT+? Aren't those the two latest DVD releases?

Yes, I have physical copies of those, as well as THP with Live From Mexico in physical as well. But they aren't the same. I like when they released a CD/DVD pack, similar to what Muse did last year with Live From Rome Olympic Stadium. That is a true ''live album'', those are all just bonus live DVD's.

That Muse show is incredible, holy shit. I LOVE that. I just wish they kept Map on the release, WTF who cuts Map of the Problematique?!?!!?! You have to be on huge mind altering drugs to do that!

Yeah, Map is a great song... but it's still a good live release IMO.

• 2 weeks later...