2014.09.11 - Irvine, CA, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

RogueSoul

30-seconds-to-mars-carnivores-tour-linki

The Carnivores Tour has landed in California! Linkin Park, Thirty Seconds To Mars, and AFI will be playing their first of FIVE Californian dates on the Carnivores Tour in Irvine at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre on September 11, 2014. Linkin Park has graced the stages in Irvine multiple times before, in 2001, 2007, 2008, and 2011. At the band's first performance there in 2001, they performed as part of KROQ's Weenie Roast, alongside Jane's Addiction, Blink-182, Stone Temple Pilots, Staind, and 311 (w/ Shaquille O'Neal). Brad performed the riff of 'Sweet Child O' Mine' by Guns N' Roses over the extended bridge of 'Forgotten'! A bunch of funny moments happened at the show, too - Chester's pants came down during 'A Place For My Head', prompting Chester to apologize for the fans "seeing [his] ass," and after 'Forgotten', Mike asked fans to throw frisbees onstage so he and Chester could play. The band returned six years later in 2007, for another KROQ event - the KROQ Weenie Roast y Fiesta, with Korn, Social Distortion, Incubus, and, ironically enough, Thirty Seconds To Mars. It was the band's first hometown show in two years (the last being in Anaheim 2005). Mike announced that the band would return for Projekt Revolution later in the year as Chester read off the bill. Lastly, Mike brought out his pink Hello Kitty guitar for 'From The Inside', to which Chester responded: "That's a mighty pink pussy you have on your hands right there." The band returned the next year in 2008, where the band pulled a prank on Rob, as a response to their prank on Brad earlier on the tour. The band didn't come in at their cue during Rob's solo during the bridge of 'Bleed It Out', and had him repeat it two more times before they came back in! Mike performed a short keyboard cover of The Cure's 'Just Like Heaven', rapped 'Petrified' and 'There They Go' over the extensions of 'Points Of Authority', and the Street Drums Corps and Chris Cornell coming out during the band's set to perform! The band's most recent performance in 2011 for yet another KROQ event. The band had to drop a few songs due to an impromptu performance by the Foo Fighters, but they still delivered a great show! Mike rapped 'A Place For My Head' over the extended bridge of 'Bleed It Out'. The band has had a particularly funny history here, having a hilarious moment at every show (except 2011 :().

At the band's previous performance in Phoenix, Arizona, they performed a standard Set A. Set A features 'Crawling' and 'Points Of Authority' among other things. Mike rapped a hybrid verse of 'Remember The Name' by Fort Minor over his solo medley. Mike has kept it relatively safe when it comes to his medley as of late, only rapping a verse of 'When They Come For Me' and the hybrid RTN verse at the past few shows. What would you like to see him perform? According to the results in this poll, you guys want to see 'Dedicated', 'High Voltage', and 'Nobody's Listening' among the others! Speaking of keeping things safe, the band has yet to implement ANY big changes into the setlist throughout the Carnivores Tour, while we know they can do a lot. The band has rehearsed the rarities from Hybrid Theory, 'When They Come For Me', 'A Light That Never Comes', 'No More Sorrow', 'Wretches and Kings', and 'Breaking The Habit' for the Carnivores Tour, but they unfortunately did not make the cut for the final setlist. According to our live poll, some of those songs (namely 'A Place For My Head' and 'By Myself') are the most requested songs for the band to bring back! Check out some other songs that the band has rehearsed but not played over their career, and be sure to take our 2014 Live Poll for songs that you want to see the band perform!

Check out this performance of 'From The Inside' back in 2007 from Irvine. Like I previously mentioned, it features Mike's pink Hello Kitty guitar! If you're curious about the band's guitars and other tech, check out our own Astat's linkinparkguitar.com or the Gear Thread! Who'd want to see the Hello Kitty guitar back in the rig? Personally, I'd like to see Mike rock with it during 'Rebellion'!

AFI and Thirty Seconds To Mars are doing a GREAT job on tour! AFI performed their standard set, opening with 'The Leaving Song, Pt. II'. The band implemented some of their new hits into the setlist

including 'I Hope You Suffer' and '17 Crimes'. The band added some old treats in, too, like 'The Days Of The Phoenix' (heh, get it? Phoenix? I'm sorry. I'll stop.) and 'Sing Your Sorrow'. They closed out with the crowd-pleasing 'Miss Murder' that got the entire venue moving! Thirty Seconds To Mars performed their regular set, opening with the old-school fan-pleasing song, Carl Orff's 'Carmina Burana: O Fortuna' and their single from their new album, Love Lust Faith + Dreams, 'Up In The Air'. They performed hits like 'Do Or Die' and 'City Of Angels', as well as some treats like 'Search and Destroy' and 'Conquistador'. Jared went deep into the crowd during 'Kings and Queens', and giant balloons flew everywhere during 'This Is War'! During Jared's acoustic set, he took some requests including 'Alibi', and the band's biggest song, 'The Kill (Bury Me)'. The band jammed to Pantera's 'Cowboys From Hell' while Jared invited fans onstage for their final song, 'Closer To The Edge'. Hours before the event started, Jared hoped on VyRT for a VyRT Violet acoustic session, playing requests like 'Buddha For Mary' and 'Kings and Queens', playing some brand new songs (all of them which I have pretty much named myself :P): 'Here I Am', 'Running', and 'Angel of Love', some unreleased songs like 'Save Me' and 'Witness', and, performing a rare song that he recently wanted to start playing again: 'Stranger In A Strange Land' for the first time acoustically.

Speaking of VyRT: an upcoming event is just around the corner! Linkin Park and Thirty Seconds To Mars will be streamed from the platform on Monday (September 15) from the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, California. For those who don't already know, VyRT is Jared Leto's online ticketing/streaming company, where artists can connect to their fans on a whole new level. The band can interact with their fans from the stage, as well as do impromptu sessions (called VyRT Violet) from pretty much anywhere! Jared has been doing them quite often, performing a bunch of cool songs and giving the fans some special treats (literally, he threw popcorn at the camera). Linkin Park recently utilized the platform by streaming their Q&A from the LPU Summit in Woodlands, TX to LPU members who were on VyRT! If you haven't already, buy your ticket for $15 to view both sets! You can also purchase a Linkin Park VIP for $40 that includes exclusive content, including a post-show broadcast!

Who's heading to the show? The band will probably play Set B in order to maintain their setlist rotation. Stop by the Music For Relief booth to donate, their current cause is to help stop the ebola epidemic taking place in Africa. We'll keep you updated on the show both here and on our Twitter!

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2014 touring schedule here.

*Note: Apologies for this being super-late! The struggle of just starting high school are real.

Setlist

01. Mashup Intro #2

02. Guilty All The Same
03. Given Up
04. With You
05. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)
06. Blackout (Shortened)
07. Papercut (Shortened)
08. Rebellion
09. Runaway (Shortened; Ext. Outro Transition w/ Wastelands Verse 1)
10. Wastelands
11. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version)
12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent
13. Robot Boy (Shortened)
14. Joe Solo Medley
15. Numb (Numb/Encore Outro)
16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro; Wall Of Noise Outro)
17. Final Masquerade
18. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Joe) (w/ Remember The Name)
19. Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You (2014 Abridged Version)
20. Somewhere I Belong
21. In The End
22. Faint (Ext. Outro)
----------------------------------------------------
23. Burn It Down (Shortened)
24. Lost In The Echo (Shortened)
25. New Divide (Shortened)
26. Until It's Gone (Shortened; Ext. Intro w/ Points Of Authority Rap 1)
27. What I've Done (Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
28. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo + The Catalyst Refrain)

*Note: Apologies for this being super-late! The struggle of just starting high school are real.

Aren't you a bit too young to start high school? In most of the European countries we start high school when we are 16 or are about to be 16. I totally understand you man, I just started high school my self.

Aren't you a bit too young to start high school? In most of the European countries we start high school when we are 16 or are about to be 16. I totally understand you man, I just started high school my self.

In italy we start high school at 14 years old

In the U.S. we start high school at 14.

How many other people started high school recently? lol. Thats 3 members so far :P

Total lol on the number of preshow and post show (?) posts on this one...

I just finished hischool, in india we start college at 18 which is 2 years after "high" school which is basically the continuation of secondary school (its not like junior college or anything)

The show has actually finished right? I i have no idea what date it is here or in america actually xD

Any setlist or something available???

Total lol on the number of preshow and post show (?) posts on this one...

I just finished hischool, in india we start college at 18 which is 2 years after "high" school which is basically the continuation of secondary school (its not like junior college or anything)

The show has actually finished right? I i have no idea what date it is here or in america actually xD

Any setlist or something available???

show shoul de be over but I don't have any info about the setlist

Edited by stich

Btw Soul, When you are too busy because of the school, then you should leave the work to Hahninator. ;)

This show was weird because everyone forgot they were playing in Irvine yesterday lol. It'll take some getting used to, so it's good that I have a chance to do these while school is on.

• 2 weeks later...