The Hunting Party debuts at No. 3 on the Billboard Charts

Seeing as how poppy and radio friendly ''Until It's Gone'' sounded, I was sure that it would secure them a spot at #1. I think the the promotion this cycle was horrible, but maybe the band wanted it that way, didn't they say they wanted a different marketing campaign this time around?

Edited by Geki

I saw LPLive's facebook post about it. First of all, AX7 sucks. They sound like a mainstream rip off of everything that anyone else has ever done. It is disgusting.

Yes, album sales are going down. Single sales are going up. But this was equally true with Living Things.

Edited by TheGoldenBlues

First of all, AX7 sucks. They sound like a mainstream rip off of everything that anyone else has ever done.

They literally rip off EVERYTHING. Everything any musician has ever created. BUT MAINSTREAM.

Coming in behind Lana Del Rey is unsurprising as she's huge, and this Sam Smith guy seems to have a lot of hype behind him. As other people have said, this is hardly a chart-friendly album to be promoting and in the current climate selling more than 100,000 copies in the first week is an achievement.

I think we should all be proud that an album with songs like KTTK, GATS and War made it to the top 3 in its first week. As people said before, this wasn't a very commercial release and it's surprising that this type of music even charted so high.

I think we should all be proud that an album with songs like KTTK, GATS and War made it to the top 3 in its first week. As people said before, this wasn't a very commercial release and it's surprising that this type of music even charted so high.

Exactly, and their promo campagne wasn't all that either, so it's still pretty impressive

LP still has the #1 album in the ROCK charts. To compare it to shitty pop music isn't fair. Lana Del Ray & Sam Smith are not hard rock artists, so it doesn't really matter. Maroon 5 is technically a rock band, right? It was fair to compare LIVING THINGS to Maroon 5's album a year or so ago because they were both rock albums.

LP still has the #1 album in the ROCK charts. To compare it to shitty pop music isn't fair. Lana Del Ray & Sam Smith are not hard rock artists, so it doesn't really matter. Maroon 5 is technically a rock band, right? It was fair to compare LIVING THINGS to Maroon 5's album a year or so ago because they were both rock albums.

This is more of a comparison to pop culture popularity over genre popularity. Honestly, it is extremely impressive that this album made it to the top 3 among the likes of such hyped artists like Smith and Ray.

This is more of a comparison to pop culture popularity over genre popularity. Honestly, it is extremely impressive that this album made it to the top 3 among the likes of such hyped artists like Smith and Ray.

No, The Hunting Party is a rock album and it debuted at #1 in the rock charts. I don't give a shit about whatever pop artist got #1 overall in the US, because to me, it's stupid to compare that to a rock album. So in my mind I am right and I'm sticking to it.

Lets see if Lana and Smith can reach #3 in 10 years.

Linkin Park sold more off of one album (Hybrid Theory) then most of these type of artists will sell in their entire career or lifetime. So who really cares? They're just pop artists who are told how to make their music by big executives so it sells and be played on mainstream radio and commercials, kids shows, etc. It just seems extremely silly to me to compare Linkin Park's music to something like Lana Del Ray. That is like comparing Muse to Britney Spears, it just makes no sense. There are pop charts, rock charts, hip hop charts, electronic charts, etc.

Edited by Geki

No, The Hunting Party is a rock album and it debuted at #1 in the rock charts. I don't give a shit about whatever pop artist got #1 overall in the US, because to me, it's stupid to compare that to a rock album. So in my mind I am right and I'm sticking to it.

I never said you were wrong lol. Don't need to defend yourself, I agree with you that chart positions really don't matter. I'm just saying it goes to show how even how it's doing overall says a lot about how well received the band is, no matter what genre they decide to take.

The Hunting Party is on Number 1 of the records charts in Germany

Nothing else matters because Germany is home of the biggest LP fanbase. Adam told me that at the Summit in Camden.