"The Hunting Party" - Single Covers?

Can someone explain what iTunes Countdown is? I've heard that term a lot around here recently

Ill try to get to the point. Tell me if you need more clarification as I have confused people before explaing this.

An Itunes Countdown is when an Artist releases music prior to an album release through Itunes as a special thing.

Some emxamples to put it in perspective:

The normal type: A band releases a song a week leading up to the album. Usually between 3 and 5 songs.

Coldplay's "Mylo Xyoto": Coldplay released a song a day the week before the album.

One Republic's "Waking Up": One Republic released one song every two weeks (I believe 3 songs) up to the release of the album.

"Keys" and "Nothing" don't seen legit to me. As for the others, I seriously doubt Spotify would have fan-made covers in their system... so looks like we may be hearing those other two tracks soon after all. Here's hoping for the iTunes countdown.

Definitely makes sense. If someone can go to iTunes and purchase the tracks, it makes sense to make them available on Spotify as well. Do these new two, plus Wastelands line up with the three that had their track lengths added to iTunes originally?

Ill try to get to the point. Tell me if you need more clarification as I have confused people before explaing this.

An Itunes Countdown is when an Artist releases music prior to an album release through Itunes as a special thing.

Some emxamples to put it in perspective:

The normal type: A band releases a song a week leading up to the album. Usually between 3 and 5 songs.

Coldplay's "Mylo Xyoto": Coldplay released a song a day the week before the album.

One Republic's "Waking Up": One Republic released one song every two weeks (I believe 3 songs) up to the release of the album.

Okay, I think I understand now, thanks!

Just to clarify, it's basically an artist releasing a certain amount of songs periodically leading up to the album release?

Okay, I think I understand now, thanks!

Just to clarify, it's basically an artist releasing a certain amount of songs periodically leading up to the album release?

Yes, and the usual method is through Itunes which is why it got I believe unofficially named an "Itunes Countdown"

Also From LPA, Wastelands is avaliable in Russia:

Apparently, he got it right this time. Wastelands is out on iTunes Russia, so it may be out tonight in the US/UK store.

https://itunes.apple.com/ru/album/the-hunting-party/id873395041

Also From LPA, Wastelands is avaliable in Russia:

Apparently, he got it right this time. Wastelands is out on iTunes Russia, so it may be out tonight in the US/UK store.

https://itunes.apple.com/ru/album/the-hunting-party/id873395041

it's not on the UK store.

you can "view" it, but it directs you to the THP album page.

honestly, this art look fake even if Wastelands is on iTunes RU. it doesn't have the same style, it feels 'cheaper'

it's not on the UK store.

you can "view" it, but it directs you to the THP album page.

honestly, this art look fake even if Wastelands is on iTunes RU. it doesn't have the same style, it feels 'cheaper'

It is not on US yet either. Im sure we will get it later tonight. As far as the artowkr, the other two besides Wastelands look real to me. But I have no reason to doubt it whatsoever because Spotify is as legit as you can get.

It is not on US yet either. Im sure we will get it later tonight. As far as the artowkr, the other two besides Wastelands look real to me. But I have no reason to doubt it whatsoever because Spotify is as legit as you can get.

Wastelands was already "leaked" via Mike last night at RiR, I think we have a download in the newswire somewhere.

artwork-wise I'll believe it when I see it, some fan-art made it onto official promo for an LT promo (COG?), so anything's possible with WB's drunk graphics guy

Wastelands Artwork confirmed real from linkinpark.com download!

This mean I could be right about iTunes Countdown after all and we could hear Rebellion and FM soon :)

Hopefully before the album leaks!

We should AT LEAST be getting some new LPTV episodes. The album is being released very soon and we have maybe 1 episode, if that. I hope they didn't just kind of abandon LPTV and decide to go the short Instagram video route.

Someone can make clear what are official and where they were released?

I got Wastelands, Rebellion and Final Masquerade from linkinpark.com (I pre-ordered the album) and they came with these covers:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpCAQNkIcAAGv1Z.jpg

http://cs619116.vk.me/v619116900/9296/pYICjZwUL1I.jpg

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpCAQSpIAAAvyt4.jpg

I don't know about the others.

The Until It's Gone single from BestBuy is different from the one we already had. It has a white cover instead of black:

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mNDupbRSsK7A_nvuKTgCEHA.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Someone can make clear what are official and where they were released?

All 3 songs was released as digital single.

Wastelands - single:

Release Date: 2014.06.02

Catalogue: 054391971357

Tracks:

01 Wastelands (03:15)

buy: amazon.jp; google store; ziarecords; plan9music; virginmega.fr;

========================================

Rebellion (feat. Daron Malakian) - single:

Release Date: 2014.06.04

Catalogue: 054391970930

Tracks:

01 Rebellion (feat. Daron Malakian) (03:44)

========================================

Final Masquerade - single:

Release Date: 2014.06.10

Catalogue: 054391970923

Tracks:

01 Final Masquerade (03:37)