5 Song Reviews by Rolling Stone & Loudwire

lpplus

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no one wants another HT, i sure don't. I want something that has some texture to it, some idk culture llike HT had *i guess thats the HT reference you think of*. Attitude. I want lyrics make the listener think and make them listen to the song over and over again. LT/Recharged was Disney commercial bs.

I was being half sarcastic. All I ever see on LP message boards is how they want LP to return to their old style and how MTM/ATS is shit, how LT is shit, etc. I love those albums, so I always try to defend them when I can and people just take advantage of it. I am excited for THP because it seems like a straight forward rock record from LP with guests, etc. But I don't want the HT sound to return whatsoever. That style died out in the early 2000's and it should stay dead. It's not cool and it's not good music, the general consensus in the music WORLD is that nu-metal sucks, and LP fans are the only fans in the world that I see still pining over it.

And no, LT was not ''disney commercial bullshit''. I hate that comment from Mike, because now fans think they can call any music that they don't like that. Nothing about LT was disney commercial music, not even BID. If anything, LT was more on the pop rock side, it was never disney music at all. Just because 90% of the fanbase for some reasons shits all over LT any chance they get, doesn't mean that it's terrible or disney commercial BS.

Edited by Geki

Because every trailer for Frozen used Victimized as the background theme.

Would have convinced me to go see it.

Recharged wasn't "Disney commercial music", though it was commercial music. However, I don't think it was commercial for the sake of being commercial, it was just a direction the band (Mike) wanted to explore. Now they're exploring a less commercial direction, on an actual studio album rather than a remix one.

I was being half sarcastic. All I ever see on LP message boards is how they want LP to return to their old style and how MTM/ATS is shit, how LT is shit, etc. I love those albums, so I always try to defend them when I can and people just take advantage of it. I am excited for THP because it seems like a straight forward rock record from LP with guests, etc. But I don't want the HT sound to return whatsoever. That style died out in the early 2000's and it should stay dead. It's not cool and it's not good music, the general consensus in the music WORLD is that nu-metal sucks, and LP fans are the only fans in the world that I see still pining over it.

And no, LT was not ''disney commercial bullshit''. I hate that comment from Mike, because now fans think they can call any music that they don't like that. Nothing about LT was disney commercial music, not even BID. If anything, LT was more on the pop rock side, it was never disney music at all. Just because 90% of the fanbase for some reasons shits all over LT any chance they get, doesn't mean that it's terrible or disney commercial BS.

What do you mean with HT style died out? Do you mean it's not in mainstream rock music?

I don't think this died out, but since it's not popular anymore people think no one makes it anymore. I don't have anything against LP making it, but I would rather like to hear them making different things.

What do you mean with HT style died out? Do you mean it's not in mainstream rock music?

I don't think this died out, but since it's not popular anymore people think no one makes it anymore. I don't have anything against LP making it, but I would rather like to hear them making different things.

Ok. You're right. Nu-metal never died out. It's still alive and well. :rolleyes:

It's not cool and it's not good music, the general consensus in the music WORLD is that nu-metal sucks, and LP fans are the only fans in the world that I see still pining over it.

Who the fuck cares about what the music world might think though. If you wanna play that game, then the music WORLD opinion is that Linkin Park is a bad/average mainstream band.

I certainly don't want LP to go back to nu-metal, but the nu-metal dissing isn't really necessary either.

Edited by Qwerty18

Who the fuck cares about what the music world might think though. If you wanna play that game, then the music WORLD opinion is that Linkin Park is a bad/average mainstream band.

I certainly don't want LP to go back to nu-metal, but the nu-metal dissing isn't really necessary either.

I wasn't aware of that considering Linkin Park has over 61,000,000 likes on Facebook, still headlines most major festivals in the world when they go out on tour, still sells a lot of albums, etc. I don't however, see a lot of nu-metal bands accomplishing such feats still and being popular. Sorry that I bashed nu-metal, I know how LP fans get all cranky over it.....still in 2014.

You're actually the only one who is still making a big deal out of it.

Why are you even talking about nu-metal when I haven't seen anyone (but you) bringing it up in more than a year?

I'm not trying to defend nu-metal but I agree with TheDamian58C. Just because a genre is no longer mainstream, doesn't mean people don't play it anymore. I don't care if there are festivals and radio stations dedicated to these "out of style" genres. They are out there and this is a fact.

Also, you can see on almost every thread in the forums people saying they don't want Linkin Park to do another Hybrid Theory.

Like Qwerty18 said, if you take what the majority of the music fans say as an absolute truth, then Linkin Park is nothing but a crappy pop band. Even when Hybrid Theory had just came out and nu-metal was still popular, a lot of people were already saying this.

I know I also call Linkin Park a pop band but it's not like I hate all pop music. I love Seo Taiji and Michael Jackson for instance.

I really don't care if the next album is going to be nu-metal, heavy metal, punk rock, jazz, blues, bossa nova, polka or whatever, as long as it is good. And by "good" I mean something I will like listening to.

I wasn't aware of that considering Linkin Park has over 61,000,000 likes on Facebook, still headlines most major festivals in the world when they go out on tour, still sells a lot of albums, etc. I don't however, see a lot of nu-metal bands accomplishing such feats still and being popular. Sorry that I bashed nu-metal, I know how LP fans get all cranky over it.....still in 2014.

Oh man. Do what you have to do, but be aware that you look like a condescending mature-wannabe guy with this attitude of "Oh. Poor little guy who still listen to nu-metal in 2014. Sorry, I shouldn't have bashed that shitty teen music".

BTW, still enjoying that in 2014 doesn't stop me from also enjoying Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, or NIN in 2014. See, things that are generally considered godly by music listeners.

And I still maintain that LP is considered as a mainstream average band in the music world. Go to any critics website or non-LP forum, and you'll see how they get bashed constantly. Yeah, they have a lot of FB fans....and I'm sure a lot of them are also nu-metal fans. That either means that nu-metal is considered as good in the music world because "lot of FB fans ya know", or that FB fans count doesn't mean anything in regard to the music world opinion. Bieber has also a lot of FB fans.

Edited by Qwerty18