5 Song Reviews by Rolling Stone & Loudwire

lpplus

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHester's been playing with STP to much... those lyrics are typical from him however, sad to say

also find it so funny that they are so concerned with radio play.

Would like to see how they would be without a label

Edited by FaiNt

I'm getting a little nervous and I don't know why. I'm worried they've gone too heavy and I've mellowed in my old age, I very rarely listen to the heavier stuff I liked when I was a teenager. :unsure:

I know I'm probably being stupid as it's LP, even when I don't like it much, I still really like it (LT).

I've got pre-album jitters!

At least these articles are backing up Mikes claims, I was beginning to get annoyed with his comments.

Pre album jitters, I know what you mean. All this hype building up to the album release is always exciting and nerve racking at the same time because we never know what to expect with an LP album, all we know is that it will be heavy but that doesn't necessarily mean I will like it.

Pre album jitters, I know what you mean. All this hype building up to the album release is always exciting and nerve racking at the same time because we never know what to expect with an LP album, all we know is that it will be heavy but that doesn't necessarily mean I will like it.

Exactly plus I have big expectations of them to deliver exactly what I want to hear! :P

Quite excited about what the presale "super fan" package will be! I'm a real sucker for that!

Yeah i couldn't care less if some of the lyrics are repetitive or cliche or whatever. If there's no use for cool metaphors for something you wanna say just say it like it is. No need to force poetic shit. Anyway for me sound>lyrics

If anyone has been listening to LP all these years for the lyrics, you're listening to LP for the wrong reason. Lol. LP has never had exceptionally amazing lyrics, and honestly, who cares. Melodies over lyrics.

CHester's been playing with STP to much... those lyrics are typical from him however, sad to say

Mike actually writes a majority of the lyrics when it comes to LP songs, actually.

Edited by Geki

UIG definitly is the single with a standard catchy pop/rock song to promote the album, don't car about this one.

glad to hear hip hop and mike often in this reviews.

unfortunately there won't be any screaming on this songs. it's okay, if they're really as aggressive and fast as GATS.

but i predict there will always be screaming on a LP record

Edited by e-pcMAKzzz

UIG definitly is the single with a standard catchy pop/rock song to promote the album, don't car about this one.

glad to hear hip hop and mike often in this reviews.

unfortunately there won't be any screaming on this songs. it's okay, if they're really as aggressive and fast as GATS.

but i predict there will always be screaming on a LP record

There has only been a 5 song review from people and we have all heard GATS. There is still half of the album that we have no clue about. I'm sure there will be some screaming on this album. Maybe even more than any other LP album before, it wouldn't take much, considering most LP albums only have about 3 or 4 songs max with screaming parts. Chester recently said that The Hunting Party is the heaviest album they have ever released and ''The Hunting Party makes Hybrid Theory look like an Iron & Wine record'' so I'm pretty sure there will be some ultra heavy stuff.

Wow. That's fucking embarrassing.

This is the band that gave us a bridge consisting entirely of "SHUT UP WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU".

(Don't get me wrong it's badass, but it's certainly a bit primitive, hell that's what makes it badass)

I'm sure there will be some screaming.

All you people worried about no screaming need to chill. The only song we've heard is GATS and Mike explained in one of these several recent interviews that GATS couldn't have screaming due to the fact that it would get no real radio play as a first single.

Along with that it seems like previews are never interested in whether there's screaming but rather the overall sound of the music. Which is heavy as fuck.

For example, was Victimized ever hyped up as a song with screaming? I don't think so - it was only mentioned as some of the heaviest band material to date. Considering an entire ALBUM is being hyped up as THE heaviest LP material to date, we shouldn't have much to worry about for Chester's screams.

There might not be any. LP would never go full out heavy with screaming AND heavy music, it has to be one or the other. Having both would definitely alienate a lot of fans because they would bitch that it's too heavy, etc.

Around the time High Rise was released , Chester mentioned in interview at Jay Leno show that there had been lot of screaming in LP vocal sessions a day before which is probably why that particular "Black Heart" performance was not upto the mark on Jay leno show. Maybe remaining songs on album have screaming or other songs that may not end up on album .

Lyrical genius alert! Everybody step back while Astat busts out a chorus worthy of our ears

Oh come on Mr. Smartass. It doesn't take a fucking genius to figure out that one of the most cliché phrases in the entire English language isn't particularly strong lyrical content, particularly when

Take off the rose-colored glasses for 5 seconds, people. It's not hard.

Edited by Astat

Lyrical genius alert! Everybody step back while Astat busts out a chorus worthy of our ears

MTM and ATS had some good lyrics, but a lot of their other albums or songs haven't been top notch. Like I said before, I don't think anyone listens to LP for their lyrics because they aren't always great. LP lyrics are very simple a lot of the times, they pretty much tell you what the song is about without having to think about it. Usually their songs are about pain, lies, letting go', etc. I kind of agree that those lyrics are not very good... it's an extremely overused phrase.

Edited by Geki

Look at high voltage lyrics, reading my eyes and compare that to what i've done, in the end, numb, burn it down.... they are highly capable to write deep lyrics... but it seems like they care a lot about getting radio play so they must shape their sound around that. I would really like to see what LP would do when not caring about getting on the radio or having to sound too simple/mainstream

Edited by FaiNt