LP to play MTV World Stage in Cancun, Mexico?

maik_gianino

Several websites from Mexico and Latin America posted today and yesterday about Linkin Park's return to Mexico. The Mexico appearance has been rumored since the fans showed such huge interest in the band after the recent Carnivores Tour announcement.

News indicates that Beyonce, Justin Bieber and Linkin Park will play in Cancun, Mexico as part of the MTV World Stage 2014. While the band has played MTV World Stage a number of times in the past (and other LP shows have been featured on the program), the Monterrey, Mexico show in September 2012 was the last MTV World Stage event that Linkin Park participated in. Mexican authorities say "500 million people in 176 countries" will be reached via the MTV broadcast of the event.

There are several sources for the show, but here is one of the most important, "El Financiero."

Currently there is no date that has been announced and we are waiting confirmation by the band.

Update:

According to "La Verdad Noticias", a tentative date would be June / July 2014.

"The tentative dates are to be held in June or July, but it all depends on the organizers, as it is in final negotiations to bring the event."

Edited by maik_gianino

Always great to see them adding more of these pre-tour shows. This allows for different sets for most. Plus a proshot of LP6 songs will be great, because i'd honestly be flabbergasted if it isn't out by then, esp. July.

I've never seen the 2012 world Stage on Palladia, so hoping this one gets some time, all Palladia ever shows is Road To Revolution, 2010 World Stage (terrible) and Sonisphere.

Waiting for LINKIN JZÉ's reaction…

+1

Mexico must of left a great impression on them last time around. First they hadn't played there in 10 years, now it seems as if Mexico may become a regular touring location every touring cycle!

NO FUCKING WAY!

OMG LP IN CANCUN? OH MY HOLY BALLS! =O

Cancun is like the best beach in the whole world is an amazing place check some pictures of it =O

I STILL DON'T BELIEVE THIS! AND A REAL ANNOUNCEMENT IS NEEDED

I accept it, this announcement kinda freaks me out it was a real pain in the ass to get tickets for the show in Monterrey, i had to travel 4 times to Monterrey one for singing up for the contest, then i had to wait a long time to be a winner, then i had to go to get my tickets a week before the concert, and finally another travel for the concert IT WAS A HELL.

Monterrey is like a 6 hours drive, but CANCUN is in the other side of the country, plus the only way to get there is in a plane and i don't have money to travel many times to get some tickets...

BTW i've been checking some news articles and the twitter of the governor of Quintana Roo and there's no mention of this event, also I think that there is a translation mistake here...

Spanish: ''Cancún será sede en verano del evento World Stage del canal de música MTV, el cual trae artistas internacionales de la talla de Beyoncé, Linkin Park o Justin Bieber''

English: Cancun is going to be hosting the event of World Stage from the channel MTV, which has brought artists like Beyoncé, Linkin Park or Justin Bieber

So they were just giving examples of artists that have been part of MTV World Stage... So for me this is nothing but a RUMOUR until a CONFIRMATION appears

Edited by LIИKIИ JŽЁ

Hi guys, I kinda never been writing in these forums, but remembered I have an account haha, I'm from México and I want to give my point of view about this...

It's almost the same LIИKIИ JŽЁ said, but I think it's not a translation mistake, it's more, either an interpretation mistake or, a case of SENSATIONALISM from the local media...

As I said in the fb page: Last year was the same with ACAPULCO, a lot of local media said that a show was confirmed, but nothing happened...

And YES, I also think that it's very obvious that Jesús Almaguer Salazar -director of the Convention and Visitors Bureau (from the state of Quintana Roo, I guess)- (the man who made the original declarations) mention LP and the other ones just to put an example of the kind of artists that normally play in a World Stage... in my point of view he was referring to that...

So, my prediction is that all this will stay as just a rumor... but also I'm pretty sure the band will come to the country very soon!

Sorry for the mistakes I may have made, saludos!

Sorry for the mistakes I may have made, saludos!

Well now I know why you have that nickname lol just kidding.

I really believe that this is not going to happen, besides that LP, Beyonce and JB? it doesn't sounds right.

I would rather love to have a date in Monterrey than going to the beautiful, gorgeous, wonderful Cancun.

Well now I know why you have that nickname lol just kidding.

I really believe that this is not going to happen, besides that LP, Beyonce and JB? it doesn't sounds right.

I would rather love to have a date in Monterrey than going to the beautiful, gorgeous, wonderful Cancun.

Well, whenever and wherever it is, see you there buddy haha

Hey reading the comments and in my defense i posted the new as "Rumor: LP to play..."

Then the title was edited.

If you guys check in google will find SEVERAl Sites saying that Linkin Park will play there, but as wrong599 said the media in Mexico is very sensationalist, so as i said, is a rumor.

Also, i was in touch with some guy or girl from "The Financiero" via email and he or she said that the MTV World Stage in Cancun is confirmed but Linkin Park is just part of the names to confirm. Plus he or she told me that is very likely that July will be the month for the event.

But remember the SAME SITES, like The Financiero posted a rumor about Linkin Park to play in Acapulco so, lets take this information with care. ^^

Edited by maik_gianino