List of genres used by LP

Power ballad isn't a genre.

My thoughts on A Thousand Suns.

Burning in the Skies: Electronic rock

When They Come for Me: Rap rock (?), alternative hip hop

Robot Boy: Electronica

Jornada del Muerto: Electronica

Waiting for the End: Alternative rock, electronic rock, electronica. (influences of industrial rock?)

Blackout: Electronica, electronic rock

Wretches and Kings: Rapcore, alternative hiphop, turntablism (?)

Iridescent: Alternative rock

The Catalyst: Electronic rock, industrial rock (?), rapcore, synth rock

The Messenger: Acoustic rock

POST HARDCORE? Ohh god. :wacko:

I say that because there's a very clear Refused influence, and as far as I'm concerned they were a post hardcore band.

And yeah, this has the potential to go into very stupid narrow genre parameters.

Linkin Park have made rock, metal, hip hop, pop and electronic songs, the majority of their music being a fusion of several of these.

Edited by Ducko

hmmm... LP does very much music genres, I will only name those I remember right now (examples will be in parenthesis): Nu metal (One step closer), Alternative metal (From the inside), Rapcore (Wretches and Kings), Electronic Rock (Burn it Down), Heavy metal (Given up), Alternative Rock (Numb), Folk rock/electronic ballad (Castle of Glass), Acustic Ballad (The messenger), Alternative Rap (I have not begun), Rap metal (Lying from you), Rap Rock (Somewhere I belong), Industrial metal (Points of authority), Soft rock (Shadow of the day), Industrial rock (The Catalyst), Experimental rock (The Catalyst), Alternative hip hop (Until it breaks), Electronica (Burning in the skies), Hard rock (Runaway).

I know that some of the songs named as examples isn't the best examples, but those was the best examples I had in my head when I wrote them. I would write more genres, but those I wouldn't have good enough examples for. One LP song is in most of cases belonging to many genres at once, the songs I wrote is belonging to the genre I wrote on the left side of the song most.

It's annoying to put LP's music into all these little sub-genres and trends, etc.

Basically, LP has made music in the rock, hip-hop, pop, electronic and alternative genres. That's about it. They have done some other types of music, but those are the majority of what LP makes for music, and they blend them all together to make their ''sound''. I mean technically, LP tried to do a couple 'folk' songs for LT, but they never really made the cut. For example, Chester said STB started as a folk melody over an acoustic guitar and that was it. Look at what we ended up with for STB. Same goes for COG and RU. I mean, LP has done tons of styles throughout album processes, they've probably tried a bunch. On the making of MTM, Joe said they had weird dance songs and heavy metal songs, etc, but we would never get to hear those.

Bottom line is, on the main LP releases (HT, Meteora, MTM, ATS and LT), they have done rock, hip-hop, pop, electronic and alternative. It shouldn't be hard for any of us LP fans to discover what songs work for each of those genres, etc. UIB is mostly hip-hop based, while NMS is mostly rock based, etc.

Ok, actually we should say that all LP songs belong to Hybrid Theory genre, LP said that's their style, they said they don't want to be called some kind of genres band, they want their style to be called Hybrid Theory. You can hear a bit of it in very old LP videos and in a interview from 2012 (

)

Ok, actually we should say that all LP songs belong to Hybrid Theory genre, LP said that's their style, they said they don't want to be called some kind of genres band, they want their style to be called Hybrid Theory. You can hear a bit of it in very old LP videos and in a interview from 2012 (

)

Hybrid Theory is not ''their sound''. LP has done so many different things in the past years, that it's hard to place them in a box. Like I said, LP is mostly a mix of rock, hip-hop, pop, electro and alternative. For example, I wouldn't consider Hybrid Theory to be pop, electro or alternative, it was more of a straight up mix of rock and hip-hop with some other subtle elements thrown in. I would consider MTM to be more a pop/alternative album. I would consider LT to be more of a electro/rock album. Do you get what I'm saying?

Hybrid Theory is not ''their sound''. LP has done so many different things in the past years, that it's hard to place them in a box. Like I said, LP is mostly a mix of rock, hip-hop, pop, electro and alternative. For example, I wouldn't consider Hybrid Theory to be pop, electro or alternative, it was more of a straight up mix of rock and hip-hop with some other subtle elements thrown in. I would consider MTM to be more a pop/alternative album. I would consider LT to be more of a electro/rock album. Do you get what I'm saying?

They (Mike and Damian) meant the theory, not the album. The blend of music styles.