STP on Kevin & Bean (Oct 8th)

hahninator

But you said specifically "According to ->THIS<- interview, next LP album will contain much screaming"

Also, Chester saying in another interview (you gave no source btw) that "they are happy to write some pretty metal music", does not say anything about how many heavy songs the next album will contain. They are probably happy writing all kind of music, as i suspect you are well aware of :)

Whole time I was talking about only 1 interview, this interview:

STPWCB - KROQ Kevin and Bean 2013-10-08.zip (15.2 MB)

https://mega.co.nz/#!gFUAmaYL!AcNuA...7G5JNrjEI4kp81o

What I actually meant by "next LP album will contain much screaming" was that I think the new album will contain more screaming than 2 previous albums. When I wrote this I was a bit influenced by my emotions after hearing that "they are happy to write some pretty metal music" and that Chester screamed much during recording session last night :)

They are of course writing all kind of music, but I think the new album will contain more heavy stuff than in 2 previous albums.

There will probably only be 3 songs or so that make the cut that have screaming in them. They did that with MTM and LT, and ATS only had Blackout. As lame as it is, I highly doubt LP will make a heavy record. They'd probably be too afraid that they wouldn't get mainstream radio airplay, or the label might get mad or something. LP should make a heavy record, I have no idea why in the world they haven't yet. Hell, even one really heavy song would do it. Victimized would have been that song but they included an entire singing part, as well as a rap verse in it. Qwerty was pretty heavy, but again, had rapping and the studio version turned down the heaviness of the Summer Sonic '06 version insanely. Hmm. All this talk that Chester is saying about screaming on the new LP album has me very intrigued, but I highly doubt the rest of the band would be ok with making a heavy album, like I said. I wish Mike would just be like ''let's make a heavy album'' and actually do it.

As Geki just said, I highly doubt LP will ever put out an entire heavy record again. They will probably continue to make some harder songs, as in every post-2007 releases, but not a whole record.

Edited by Qwerty18

The band likes to prove that they like to make all different types of music, and they have covered a lot of different types over the years (not always albums, but certain songs cover them). For example, LP wanted to do folk, and while LT wasn't a folk sounding album, they did COG, RU and STB which originally was just a folk song on guitar. What I am getting at is that they have yet to make a ''hardcore'' or ''metal'' song up until this point. They have teetered on the edge in the past, but never fully made one. I think if they are doing a lot of screaming vocals and Mike has been listening to punk and metal, we may get at least ONE song like that. Mike usually listens to music for inspiration when writing LP albums. He listened to the Smithsonian collection of folk music while writing Living Things, and I know he listened to a lot of classic rock and alternative during the making of MTM, as well as old school hip-hop. Anyone get what I am saying? This could be the LP album for the metal fans of LP.