The Ultimate Comparison thread

SergSlim

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is also a radio edit of What I've Done. This came out on iTunes the day it released and does not have a half of a second of the outro from Shadow of the Day in it.

This one is also on the single CD. No transition and more silence at the end.

What I've Done (LPU X) [3:40.05] - Mike Shinoda Remix

This one and the one from Leave Out All The Rest are slightly different.

Points of Authority (Video Mix) - Crowd at beginning and end.

There are two videos and both have different audio.

v1 - song starts right away with crowd noise, crowd noise after the song chester says "thank you all"

v2 - about 2 seconds of crowd noise before the songs starts and throught the song, Chester screams "WHYYYYY" + extra scratching? after the last chorus, crowd noise at the end.

(I think this one is the Dragon Festival POA video, that's hidden on Frat Party)

High Voltage (HT Bonus Track) - VERY different mixing, Hybrid intro, different lyrics.

Very different from what? The original? It's the Reprise version which is a reworked version of the original song. I'd treat it more like a remix/an own song and not compare it to the original since it is so different.

Why are the Guitar Hero tracks listed as "A Capella version"?

I'd remove those because they were not released as individual a capellas (belonging to a real istrumental track) and depending on the game system not even 100% a capellas and clean too.

Very different from what? The original? It's the Reprise version which is a reworked version of the original song. I'd treat it more like a remix/an own song and not compare it to the original since it is so different.

I agree, it's a different recording entirely, although the rap verses are largely similar (but different recordings).

The chorus is the most obvious thing, chorus in the original is vocoder "High voltage, you can't shake the shock, cause nobody wants it to stop, check it out" and chorus in the rerecorded version is rapped "High voltage, the unforgettable sound, high voltage, bringing you up and taking you down, high voltage, coming at you from every side, high voltage making the rhythm and rhyme collide".

The other thing is that Chester sings a few lines at the end that aren't in the original "Sometimes I feel like a prophet, misunderstood under the gun, like a new disease.

The other thing about the rerecording is that it has parts of Cure For The Itch at the start, and was probably intended to crossfade with it. They took it out, probably because a version of it had already been on the Hybrid Theory EP. Maybe it was supposed to be the original closing track but they wrote Pushing Me Away at the last minute and they kept with 12 tracks for marketing reasons.

The full version hasn't turned up on any promo CDs but it's a popular thing for fans to recreate.

I wonder if there are any currently unknown internal promo CDs before the Studio Finals that include something like this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Feel free to suggest whatever you want, descriptions or request for specific description.

Ok, this is what I think should be added

Carousel HT 8 track - Contains static/distortion, Very similar mix to HT 7 track version but not sure it's same, Different vocal take (Chester, not sure about Mike) than in original HT EP version

Carousel HT 9 track - Different vocal take (Chester, not sure about Mike) than in HT EP, different mix

Carousel HT 7 track - Different vocal take (Chester, not sure about Mike) than in HT EP, different mix

Part Of Me HT 8 track - Second half of the verse is double rapping (2 mike voices rapping), Contains "Cut myself free" scream in pre-chorus/chorus interlude, "Freedom can be frightening, if you never felt it" is whispered, Different vocal take both Chester and Mike, The second part of the bridge is different vocally and progresses differently (instrumentally) into chorus, Different last chorus, Different mix, Contains distortion/static

Part Of Me HT 9 track - Contains "Cut myself free" scream in pre-chorus/chorus interlude, Different vocal take both Chester and Mike, Different vocal take of Mike than in HT 8 & 7 track version, The second part of the bridge is different vocally and progresses differently (instrumentally) into chorus, Doesn't contain Mikes vocals in the first part of the bridge, Different last chorus, Different mix

Part Of Me HT 7 track - Second half of the verse is double rapping (2 mike voices rapping), Contains "Cut myself free" scream in pre-chorus/chorus interlude, "Freedom can be frightening, if you never felt it" is whispered, Different vocal take both Chester and Mike, The second part of the bridge is different vocally and progresses differently (instrumentally) into chorus, Different last chorus, Very similar mix to HT 8 track version but not sure it is same

I will add more later

• 4 weeks later...

Suggestion:

Wouldn't it be more wise to sort this list alphabetically by song, since it's a list focused on the songs? If I'd want to check if I own all versions of Crawling, I wouldn't want to search the list for every version. I'd want to see all song versions at one spot.

Suggestion:

Wouldn't it be more wise to sort this list alphabetically by song, since it's a list focused on the songs? If I'd want to check if I own all versions of Crawling, I wouldn't want to search the list for every version. I'd want to see all song versions at one spot.

You can:

- Crawling

• Crawling (HT USA) [3:29.00] - Orginal studio track
  • Crawling (8-Bit Rebellion) - 8-Bit instrumental
  • Crawling (Rock Band 3) - A Capella version
  • Crawling (HT Instrumentals) - Instrumental version
  • Krwlng (Reanimation USA) [5:40.19] - Original remix track
  • Krwlng (Reanimation Internal Tracks) - Intro/outro violin absent, strings quiter, no live string, rough synth transition, louder bass, different vocal effects
  • Crawling (HT 9-Track Demo) [3:52.57] - "AH I hate you so much right now!" is screamed before the intro, scratching is much more audible, short break before verse 2 starts, "so insecure" with only keys and beat before chorus 2, different vocal take with different lyrics, no refrain ending.
  • Crawling (HT 8-Track Demo) [3:51.57] - Raindrops bridge, different vocal take with different lyrics.
  • Crawling (HT 7-Track Demo) [3:50.47] - Raindrops bridge
  • Crawling (HT 6-Track Demo) - Song ends on 'controlling'.
  • Crawling (HT Unmastered) - Same as 6-Track Demo, except the beat is different before verse 1, the music ends later, and it's a different vocal take.)

Edit:

By the way, delete the "A Capella version" thing from all the Rock Band 3 tracks. Change to "multitracks" or "original studio track".

Edit 2:

- My December
  • My December (HT Bonus Track) - Original studio track
  • My December (LPU 2) [4:19.53]
  • My

List the remix as "My-Dsmbr" or "My Dsmbr" and the rest of the line won't disappear.

• Waiting For The End (???) - KickDrums Remix

It came from the KickDrums SoundCloud page.

Edited by lpliveusername