24.08.2012 - Tinley Park, IL, F.M.B. Amphitheatre

The ninth show of the Honda Civic Tour featuring Linkin Park, Incubus and MUTEMATH takes the bands to Tinley Park, Illinois to the First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre.

LP has played this venue before - the first time coming in 2001 for the Q101 Jamboree on May 19, 2001 (show page here). Something interesting that doesn't really happen a lot anymore is that they returned to the venue only a few weeks later to play the first show of Ozzfest 2001 there (show page here). The Q101 Jamboree show and the HFStival in Washington DC (show page here) were sandwiched right between a US -> Australia -> Japan -> US (these two shows) -> Europe -> Ozzfest run. Sounds exhausting! Anyway, that little 'In Yourself'/'Be Yourself' interlude we talked about earlier this year in the Rock am Ring preshow post made its other appearance (at least, the only other one we know of) at this show during Ozzfest 2001. Here's a full video of that performance:

This venue hosted the twelfth show of Projekt Revolution 2004 and the second-to-last show of Projekt Revolution 2007 (show page here) where Chester brought his son Tyler out on stage between 'Don't Stay' and 'Somewhere I Belong. This would make it Linkin Park's fifth show at this venue.

If you've been keeping up with setlists on this tour, after seeing the set rotation for the last few shows go C (Auburn Hills) and then A (Cincinnati), we can expect US Set B for tonight. Yes, that would be the setlist some fans like myself are calling the best set the band has played in years. 'A Place For My Head' opening (!!!), 'Points Of Authority' and 'When They Come For Me' in the same setlist (so Shinoda apparently is the same person telling us to "forfeit the game"), 'VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)' being there, and one of the best encores Linkin Park has ever done: 'TINFOIL', 'Faint', 'Lying From You/Papercut', and 'One Step Closer'....what is there not to love? Oh yeah, did I mention 'A Place For My Head' opening?

This setlist debuted in Camden, NJ last week (show page here) and was slightly changed for the next show in Alpharetta, GA (show page here), swapping 'With You' and 'Empty Spaces'/'When They Come For Me'. I know the band is playing REALLY well on this tour compared to 2010/2011 but whoever is in attendance tonight is in for a real treat with this set!

Who's going tonight to the show? M&G for anyone? Any fans keeping us updated on the setlist? One thing to note about this show is that while there was one in 2007, there will NOT be a DSP (Digital Souvenir Package) for tonight's show reportedly due to the venue disagreeing with the band on how much money they should get from the sale of each recording. Ouch!

After this show, the band plays in Noblesville, Indiana on the 25th before heading to Texas for two shows followed by a Colorado show. For the full 2012 tour schedule, click here.

SETLIST:

01. A Place For My Head( Long Intro; Ext. Outro)

02. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

03. New Divide

04. With You (2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro)

05. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)

06. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come For Me

09. LIES GREED MISERY

10. Points Of Authority

11. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' rap; Ext. Outro)

12. Breaking The Habit

13. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

14. The Catalyst

15. LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

16. Numb

17. What I've Done

18. BURN IT DOWN

19. In The End

20. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys 'Sabotage'; Ext. Outro)

----------------------------------------------------

21. TINFOIL

22. Faint (Ext. Outro)

23. Lying From You / Papercut

24. One Step Closer( Ext. Outro)

'With You' moved up in front of 'VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)' and 'What I've Done' and 'BURN IT DOWN' swapped spots.

Was supposed to go to this show, could have afforded it and gotten the time off from work no problem...but our car is being a piece of shit lately and I couldn't find a ride with anybody else. Needless to say, I've been pretty down all week...hope everybody else has fun at least.

One thing to note about this show is that while there was one in 2007, there will NOT be a DSP (Digital Souvenir Package) for tonight's show reportedly due to the venue disagreeing with the band on how much money they should get from the sale of each recording. Ouch!

And selling a hat for $40 at the merch booth is okay with them I guess? Smh. I feel bad for the people going to the show tonight since they won't be able to get a DSP for it. DSP make a LP concert experience that much memorable.

SETLIST PIC: https://p.twimg.com/A1GxBfZCEAE_UFN.jpg

TINLEY PARK SETLIST:

• A Place For My Head (2012 Intro; 2012 Ext. Outro)
  • Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
  • New Divide
  • With You (2012 Intro; 2012 Scratch Outro)
  • Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)
  • Empty Spaces (w/ Megaphone)
  • When They Come For Me
  • VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)
  • LIES GREED MISERY
  • Points of Authority
  • Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro; Wall of Noise Outro)
  • Breaking The Habit
  • LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
  • The Catalyst
  • LOST IN THE ECHO (Ext. Intro)
  • Numb (Numb/Encore Tease Outro)
  • What I've Done
  • BURN IT DOWN
  • In The End (w/ Pushing Me Away Guitar)
  • Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys 'Sabotage' w/ Joe Samples)

• TINFOIL
  • Faint (Ext. Outro)
  • Lying From You / Papercut
  • One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

Show Notes:

- Mike rapped a verse from 'Until It Breaks' over the intro to 'Waiting For The End'.

- 'Bleed It Out' featured the Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' bridge.

Other Notes:

-

Edited by Soul

TINLEY PARK SETLIST:

• A Place For My Head (2012 Intro; 2012 Ext. Outro)
  • Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
  • New Divide
  • Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)
  • Empty Spaces (w/ Megaphone)
  • When They Come For Me
  • VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)
  • With You (2012 Intro; 2012 Scratch Outro)
  • LIES GREED MISERY
  • Points of Authority
  • Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro; Wall of Noise Outro)
  • Breaking The Habit
  • LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
  • The Catalyst
  • LOST IN THE ECHO (Ext. Intro)
  • Numb (Numb/Encore Tease Outro)
  • What I've Done (Ext. Piano Intro)
  • BURN IT DOWN
  • In The End (w/ Pushing Me Away Guitar)
  • Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys 'Sabotage' w/ Joe Samples)

• TINFOIL
  • Faint (Ext. Outro)
  • Lying From You / Papercut
  • One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

Show Notes:

- Mike rapped a verse from 'Until It Breaks' over the intro to 'Waiting For The End'.

- 'Bleed It Out' featured the Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' bridge.

Other Notes:

-

Hahahaha... you are a sick person !

Agree with you one more time.

Hahahaha... you are a sick person !

Agree with you one more time.

:) I'm THE setlist enthusiast, after all.

Posted Image

Can't see shit.

EDIT: Managed to make it out. Setlist post has the setlist.

Edited by Soul

Is the same Set of the Soul's post.

No.

Same set of Camden, only switch the order of VICTIMIZED/QWERTY and With You, and What I've Done and BURN IT DOWN.

01. A Place For My Head Long Intro; Ext. Outro

02. Given Up Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note

03. New Divide

04. With You 2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro

05. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY) Mashup

06. Somewhere I Belong 2012 Intro

07. Empty Spaces w/ megaphone

08. When They Come For Me w/ megaphone

09. LIES GREED MISERY

10. Points Of Authority

11. Waiting For The End Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' rap; Ext. Outro

12. Breaking The Habit

13. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent Ballad Medley

14. The Catalyst

15. LOST IN THE ECHO 2012 Intro

16. Numb Outro 'Numb/Encore' lyrics tease (Mike)

17. What I've Done

18. BURN IT DOWN

19. In The End

20. Bleed It Out Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys 'Sabotage'; Ext. Outro

21. TINFOIL

22. Faint Ext. Outro

23. Lying From You / Papercut Medley

24. One Step Closer Ext. Outro

Edited by Victor Del Porto

Yes. I read the setlist. Made sure its exactly as it says. &Its probably the same set as Camden because it IS the same set as Camden.

Interesting...

Ok, Victor is right. I asked Adam on LPU chat, Set B with some Changes.

We lose again Soul xD

Edited by maik_gianino

Last nights show was freaking awesome!!!!!!!! My 2nd LP show! They played a couple songs I wanted to hear live so I can not be happier! I was a ATS tour and loves WTCFM live so I was ecstatic to hear it again! LITE was my other song I wanted to hear live and again I was not disappointed! Found it funny that they were going to start new music with Mike introducing it and things changed again!

Im very upset that this show will not be released as a DSP cuz this show was AMAZING. The band brought the energy during the whole set and the crowd recipricated that energy completely. I love Set B and I will definitely see LP in concert again.

Edited by lpshinoda131313