Karma Killer (Single Version)

LESTAT

It's time to announce the fact, which was not really a secret, but no one knew it for years.

Check out 'Karma Killer with Chester' on Cyclefly's myspace page. As many of you might have noticed, it is a slightly different version than the one appeared on the Cyclefly's album "Crave".

This version of the song is a remix, which was made by Bill Appleberry for a single release.

Unfortunately, the band simply disappeared from the music scene due to their conflict with MCA Records and the single was never released.

I like this version a lot more, it's got a harder edge to it. I wonder if there's a CD promo of it around somewhere...would be nice to hear it in something better than Myspace's crappy streaming player quality.

There are ways of downloading the raw upload (which in this case was 128kbps) as aposed to listening to the 96kbps stream.

Its a good song, I've always liked it, not sure which version I prefer, probably the album one to be honest. Thanks for the info on the remix though.

btw can someone put my mind to rest and tell me this 2002 in the end "mix" is nothing:

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=459028

There are ways of downloading the raw upload (which in this case was 128kbps) as aposed to listening to the 96kbps stream.

Its a good song, I've always liked it, not sure which version I prefer, probably the album one to be honest. Thanks for the info on the remix though.

btw can someone put my mind to rest and tell me this 2002 in the end "mix" is nothing:

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=459028

It's probably some independent mix that found its way onto a promo mix CD and/or vinyl. It may even be the In the End "White Label" club remix that's been around for a long time. There's several remixes like that out there, not really worth spending money on.

i didnt notice that much of a diference to the one I already have (with I assume that is the original).

The only difference was the instrumental part before the final chorus...

I agree. Haven't heard this song in years actually, I love it now, lol. Funny how your opinion of a song can change from when you're 14 to when you're 17, heh.

Sick track.

i didnt notice that much of a diference to the one I already have (with I assume that is the original).

The only difference was the instrumental part before the final chorus...

Completely different drum track, different vocal parts, louder bass? This is WAY different than the album version.

Completely different drum track, different vocal parts, louder bass? This is WAY different than the album version.

k, I downloaded it and played both song at the same time

As u say, the drum track is different, but I only noticed that difference at the start of the song.

The Lyrics are the same, but the vocals as u said are a tiny bit different when u play the songs togheter.

The words of the remixed version doesnt seem to last as much as the album version, I imagine its because of the sound effects added to it.

The guitar/bass sounds... well... yeah, I ignored those before, hehe

but in my opinion this so called remix version doesnt sound that remixed to me... its sounds like a version before being modified an released to the album, like some kind of demo... I like the album version better by the way XD

so... I guess u were right... but u have to admit that u have to put more attention than usual to notice it, hehe

Edited by cavpollo

k, I downloaded it and played both song at the same time

As u say, the drum track is different, but I only noticed that difference at the start of the song.

The Lyrics are the same, but the vocals as u said are a tiny bit different when u play the songs togheter.

The words of the remixed version doesnt seem to last as much as the album version, I imagine its because of the sound effects added to it.

The guitar/bass sounds... well... yeah, I ignored those before, hehe

but in my opinion this so called remix version doesnt sound that remixed to me... its sounds like a version before being modified an released to the album, like some kind of demo... I like the album version better by the way XD

so... I guess u were right... but u have to admit that u have to put more attention than usual to notice it, hehe

A lot of Chester's parts are different, specifically. He sings in some spots that he doesn't sing on the album version, and vice versa.

You can Use this website to rip the original files off of myspace pages

http://file2hd.com

Mp3 @ 128kbps

http://rapidshare.com/files/183300997/Cyclefly_-_Karma_Killer__Feat._Chester_.mp3

Wow, cool. Never knew that. I always ripped tracks from the player in 96 kbps.

This is real 128 kbps, if you ask me. 16 KHz vs 10 KHz.

Thank you.