Paris DSP Edit/Fix

hahninator

By the looks of this video...

...It seems like his Vocoder Mic wasnt working, You see at 2:00ish hes got the mic at his face ready to sing but when the camera cuts away to Joe you can just see the end result of him flicking the mic away and getting his other one up. I think maybe because it was tech error they fixed the DSP. But then again why fix it. Just leave it as it was.

By the looks of this video...

...It seems like his Vocoder Mic wasnt working, You see at 2:00ish hes got the mic at his face ready to sing but when the camera cuts away to Joe you can just see the end result of him flicking the mic away and getting his other one up. I think maybe because it was tech error they fixed the DSP. But then again why fix it. Just leave it as it was.

lmao i cant see shit on this video taped using a toothbrush XD :P

imho another screwup with the dsp...

I confirm for paris show at begining of radiance mike start sing and throw immediately one of his mic and grab the other one at first i tought i pick the one without vocoder but now i know why he did that... i will check if i have a video of that but i am pretty sure i don't have this part... by the way i prefered a dsp not fix... espacially because of the "bee" voice produce by the vocoder...

I seriously don't understand why they're fixing mistakes...it's a LIVE show. Not everything is perfect. Don't try to let it look perfect in the DSP...

Yeah , you're right! That's exactly what I say....

During the Stuttgart I did not hear chester's mistakes...

- Maybe at the end of numb ( the last oooohhhh from him )

- Beginning of Shadow of the day

- His chorus singing on WTCFM ( near the end )

Wow without DSP we would not able to hear something like that

Seems it was not his best day

But what is curious: chester is fucking awesome on the catalyst. This song is much harder to sing than the ones I mentioned

Check it out on the Stuttgart DSP and tell me what you guys think about

It sucks, the reason they play live is to be live, not be later on edited in a recording.

A microphone used for a specific effect failing to work isn't something that I would call part of "playing live" or the "live experience." I doubt any seasoned touring musician would think so, either. If the band screws up, that's one thing, but technical difficulties are a different beast entirely.

The entire point of the DSPs is that they're supposed to be comparable in quality to any official live album. If I was recording a live album and something screwed up like that, I'd sure as hell want it fixed. I'd just rather cut the entire song out of the recording than have it in there without that vocoder effect, that's the main point of interest of that interlude in the first place. Not fixing it would be just as bad as being like "oh, Brad's guitar didn't work for the entire duration of One Step Closer. Oh well, leave it the way it is!" People don't pay 10 bucks for shit like that to be allowed to let slide. These are supposed to be professional recordings, and leaving stuff like that alone just comes off as lazy.

These are supposed to be professional recordings, and leaving stuff like that alone just comes off as lazy.

If the live performance is going to be edited, it's the same as replacing the guns with walkie-talkies in "ET", George Lucas fucking with "Star Wars", and so on. LP are once again catering to the casual fan that will buy the show they went to, rather than leaving in "mistakes" and making each show more of a unique collector's item.

If the live performance is going to be edited, it's the same as replacing the guns with walkie-talkies in "ET", George Lucas fucking with "Star Wars", and so on. LP are once again catering to the casual fan that will buy the show they went to, rather than leaving in "mistakes" and making each show more of a unique collector's item.

Yes.

A live recording is what it is because it was preformed straight out and was left untouched. In this case, its been touched and therefore making it less of a pure live performance, which is what it supposed to be.

I can see A-Stat's point. As far as any other editing goes, I wouldn't want it at all. Also since these DSP's are by and large being sold to more devoted LP fans (either hardcore ones, or those who just came back from a show and dished out some nice money to see them already) the editing isn't really necessary, as there isn't anyone (mass audience) in particular to impress.

THIS.

Everyone has problems, everyone makes mistakes, it's not a big deal. This is not even comparable to the guitar fucking up in OSC. This is comparable to Joe fucking up the Crawling intro several times in the same performance.

i seem to be the only one who can actually hear the effect in that youtube video? it is very distant and 'barely there' - could this not just be a result of the position this person was in and the effect not being very audible from there?

of course, there may have been other LPlive users in attendance who could confirm or deny the sound mix sounding different depending on where they were in the venue.

Edited by Narc85

i seem to be the only one who can actually hear the effect in that youtube video? it is very distant and 'barely there' - could this not just be a result of the position this person was in and the effect not being very audible from there?

of course, there may have been other LPlive users in attendance who could confirm or deny the sound mix sounding different depending on where they were in the venue.

Maybe what your hearing is the echo of the mic....

Maybe what your hearing is the echo of the mic....

i'm definitely hearing the higher pitch - it is barely noticeable though... so i guess, regardless of if was present or not - the DSP isn't reflective of what people heard on the night anyway (unless we can confirm it was more audible from different locations within the venue).

There's a thing I don't understand this year with the DSPs about the fixing;

I know that in Paris Radiance was editied and some other mistakes it's editied but why is the second verse of Wretches and King unedited with the correct lyric.

Mike never said "There ain't shit you can say to make me back down, no"

that always said "There ain't shit we don't run when the guns unload" form the first verse.

It's also very strange that Mike made the same mistake at every show.

Edited by LPU90

There's a thing I don't understand this year with the DSPs about the fixing;

I know that in Paris Radiance was editied and some other mistakes it's editied but why is the second verse of Wretches and King unedited with the correct lyric.

Mike never said "There ain't shit you can say to make me back down, no"

that always said "There ain't shit we don't run when the guns unload" form the first verse.

It's also very strange that Mike made the same mistake at every show.

I dont think they have touched the Lyrics for W&K. I have noticed mike fucks up That line on the every DSP so far. So why edit it. He most likely will keep doing it. I even noticed In the first verse he fucks up a little too, especially on the "The people up top push the people down low." line.

The differences was It was a mistake on Mike and what he said, Not a technical problem. Thats where I think they editing has been introduced for, to fix those technical problems out of the bands control. Its their fault if they hit the wrong note or play the wrong key but not their fault if their instrument goes all wack on them.

But yeh thats my 2 cents

I dont think they have touched the Lyrics for W&K. I have noticed mike fucks up That line on the every DSP so far. So why edit it. He most likely will keep doing it. I even noticed In the first verse he fucks up a little too, especially on the "The people up top push the people down low." line.

The differences was It was a mistake on Mike and what he said, Not a technical problem. Thats where I think they editing has been introduced for, to fix those technical problems out of the bands control. Its their fault if they hit the wrong note or play the wrong key but not their fault if their instrument goes all wack on them.

But yeh thats my 2 cents

Thanks I understand it now, but it's very incredible for me that Mike cannot rap W&K verse right it's like thinking that Mike didn't know the lyric.

It's very weird (lol)

Edited by LPU90

Thanks I understand it now, but it's very incredible for me that Mike cannot rap W&K verse right it's like thinking that Mike didn't know the lyric.

It's very weird (lol)

Just noticed too, he did it at EMAs.