"Lockout" Performance Date

hahninator

You may have seen our older posts about Marc Ostrick, who filmed Hybrid Theory (pre-Linkin Park) rehearsing for 2.5+ hours in Los Angeles. We assumed this performance/rehearsal always came in 1999.

The performance date is now confirmed to have been on February 24, 2000. After a little more research, we found where the band rehearsed in 2000. They were writing in Mike's apartment in LA and rehearsing at a spot between Hollywood & Vine and Hollywood & Ivar. Scott Koziol is on bass in this performance, and 2000 now makes more sense as he toured with them that year all the way up until October.

In the videos posted by Marc, we can see a version of Slip that has a different arrangement than the one on the LPU 11 CD as well as versions of Esaul (A Place For My Head demo) and Rhinestone (Forgotten demo).

Unfortunately, the full performance still remains unreleased as he wants $10,000+ for it and we've been unable to come up with a successful plan to get the footage or even get a full "set" of what they played, which would have to be done by an LP fan as Marc doesn't know the songs.

We added this performance to our 2000 & Earlier page as it was a filmed rehearsal.

Even if the money gets crowdfunded: you would reward someone greedy which I couldn't stand at all. Sure he wants a reward for what he has done but no way it's worth that amount of money.

Codex Lockout Studios - Located at 6330 Hollywood Blvd., in the Hollywood/Vine/Ivar block, directly across the street from the Church of Scientology building that you can see in the background of the "parking ticket" incident in the Ostrick video. This almost HAS to be where their rehearsal space was (although it may have been operating under a different name at the time). http://codexlockoutstudios.com/

*Edit* There is/was a "Hi-Fi Hollywood Rehearsal Studio" operating at the same address as well...This building houses multiple businesses, so it might be another rehearsal studio operating at the same location, or it might be the same thing as Codex. There's also a recording studio in the same building called Hollywood Tracks Studio.

Edited by Astat

Maybe this is the reason he did 13 episodes of 3 mins each one.

a contest via EVO: http://web.archive.org/web/20000303161441/http://www.eveo.com/submit_eveo.html

http://web.archive.org/web/20031206112439/http://www.ostrickproductions.com/lockout/

"This internet series originally created for Eveo.com"

wow.. it was filmed just to join on a contest... cool.

Example? Just curious...

Smokeout 2003, full Top of the Pops 2003 proshots come to mind, but I wouldn't put either one on the same level as the full 2 and a half hours of raw rehearsal footage Ostrick filmed, particularly with many of the songs still being in an early form...then again, Felipe usually has leads on stuff that nobody else knows exists, so who knows. :lol:

Example? Just curious...

Smokeout 2003, TOTP 2003 proshot, both of which Astat mentioned. We could crowdfund a Dragon Festival 2001 show release, but all of those prices are WAY too much for that stuff. Way more than we've ever paid for anything before, seriously. And we've released a LOT of stuff (check the wiki page), so you know it's expensive as hell. Anything manageable (can't give a specific monetary amount here, but PM me if you need to) has been bought by our staff or can be obtained by us. Phoenix 2003 is a good example of that, Camden 2004, Roxy 2000, Docklands 2001, MFR 2005, and the list goes on and on and on.

There is indeed a list of stuff by our staff that is too expensive for us to buy and that is ridiculously overpriced for the LP community to even organize a crowdfund campaign to purchase. This would be the only footage I'd try that for, honestly. I'm in discussions with Ostrick right now, I'll let you know how it goes in June.

And then there's a list of stuff we have already obtained for future release, a list of stuff we are working on obtaining now for future release, and a list of stuff we are going to continue to work towards getting someday. We can't give away all of our secrets like which shows or anything, or what we have in the "vault" (other than everything IS going to be released 100%, we have zero reason to ever "sit" on anything for a long time, seriously).

There is a show I am working on releasing in June or July that is NOT a proshot show. Nor is it any Xero/Hybrid Theory footage, but it is something I think is cool. We always want to release as many shows as possible, for free. That's the goal.

There is a show I am working on releasing in June or July that is NOT a proshot show. Nor is it any Xero/Hybrid Theory footage, but it is something I think is cool. We always want to release as many shows as possible, for free. That's the goal.

That's amazing! Big thanks for your work to all involved.

Top Of The Pops 2003 would be really nice to have.. i wonder how much it costs. Smokeout had terrible sound mix.

TOTP 2003 is very unlikely at this point as the person with it has disappeared for years now.

Smokeout indeed has very bad audio and would have to be remastered/remixed for sure. No way is that audio any good to release. Not basing this on any facts or anything, but I bet Smokeout gets released in some form by a fansite (hopefully us) in the next 5~ years.

I remember that in 2006 a Xero live recording popped out,a guy bought it and he destroyed it without even saying anything to the fans,that makes me think that the thing was fake.Or he destroyed it because Mark's live voice gave him headaches.

We know that nobody knew Xero and Hybrid Theory,but maybe we'll find something new,7 years have passed since the last discovery of an unreleased song(She Couldn't).

I remember that in 2006 a Xero live recording popped out,a guy bought it and he destroyed it without even saying anything to the fans,that makes me think that the thing was fake.Or he destroyed it because Mark's live voice gave him headaches.

We know that nobody knew Xero and Hybrid Theory,but maybe we'll find something new,7 years have passed since the last discovery of an unreleased song(She Couldn't).

haha yeah... i am sure that videos does exists for HT.. Xero. Grey Daze is a big example that anything could pop up now. It is just a matter of luck and work. sooner or later we will get HT/Xero shows...

About this Xero tape you might have referenced to Omar... and it was a lie.

Edited by Felipeintheend

All guesses by us lead to the Xero eBay thing being fake. It's been a decade since that happened, we'd have heard something. Maybe it was real and someone affiliated with the band bought it. Who knows. I don't think it was legit.

Yeah...I've been part of the LP online community since mid-2003, and I got into the trading community by the end of that year or early 2004 (I got lucky and was one of the first people that got the Los Angeles 2004 show from JoshW, and I traded that to a bunch of people and got a TON of stuff, probably half my live show folder can be traced back to obtaining that one show), and I remember even THEN that the fabled "Xero live show VHS that was sold on eBay" was already being talked about as something that had happened before I was around. It was that same fake "Lynus Brook Club" show/date with the fake setlist that included The Team, Explode, Rhinestone Part 2, etc...It definitely wasn't 2006. That was such a slow year news-wise that anything like that would have been HUGE news in the community, hundreds of people watching the eBay auction, etc...I was around then, it didn't happen, trust me.