23 replies to this topic

#1 LPxDC

LPxDC

Lightning Bolt Action

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

So take this with a VERY VERY tiny grain of salt, and there is no real source but just throwing this out there. It's very left field of this particular station (the top 100) to be even posting about this but if the band are truly aiming to have the new album out this year, Q4 sounds about right.

http://www.hot995.co...article=9557040

LINKIN PARK have been in the studio and they're almost done with a new CD!

According to sources close to the band's label, WARNER BROTHERS MUSIC GROUP, the iconic band has about four more songs left to master before being 'mostly' finished' with a new CD for the label which should be released in the fourth quarter of 2012 - meaning close to Christmas.

Labels like Warner Brothers are into their first quarter now, which began before the holidays.

Additionally, the Warner Music group, which consists of REPRISE RECORDS as well as the WARNER label, are expecting new releases from GREEN DAY in 2012, and they're excited about the profile of one of their new artists - NEON HITCH - who is currently featured on ASS BACK HOME by the GYM CLASS HEROES.

RichardThinks.Org

Interviews, Album & Concert Reviews!

08/19/07|07/27/08|10/23/09|09/14/2010|02/04/2011|08/11/12|08/15/12|08/17/12|09/08/12|

#2 Maxthunderer

Maxthunderer

Impersonation of dreamer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:01 PM

Let's wait for masterpiece :)
Sharing video sources for LPLive community

Linkin Park shows attended:
12/06/12: Linkin Park, Stadion Chornomorets, Odesa, Ukraine - PROSTOROCK (Other acts: Garbage, Boombox, O.Torvald)

23/06/11: Linkin Park, Red Square, Moscow, Russian Federation - Transformers 3 Premiere
View the full list of shows that I've attended

#3 TonyLPU

TonyLPU

Roadie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

Seems abit fast for me, LP usually take a long time to make a new record and I wouldn't be so sure if they didn't take time on this to be honest. Maybe would be something like a remix album or maybe something like CC? I dunno but I would hope for a new album soon.

#4 Sucre06

Sucre06

So What ?

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

I think new album will release much earlier than in Q4 of this year.
Posted Image
http://lp-inside.ru

LP Shows Attended:
14.06.2012 - St. Petersburg, Russia (M&G)

#5 FORTsunrise

FORTsunrise

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

Doubt this is true. If they've already written, recorded, and nearly mixed and mastered a new album, I don't see why they would wait to release it toward the end of the year.

Edited by FORTsunrise, 02 January 2012 - 01:45 PM.

You'll wake up when I walk out
Isn't that the way it plays
The leaver leaves, the stayer stays
You wouldn't make a move so I made mine
Isn't it a pity, I wish you were really in it for life
I wish that you were in it for life

#6 Ducko

Ducko

Hooligan

• Members
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

Doubt this is true. If they've already written, recorded, and nearly mixed and mastered a new album, I don't see why they would wait to release it toward the end of the year.

Agreed. There are often large gaps between album completion and release, but for an album that, by this evidence, seems like it would be ready in February to be released in the fourth quarter is bizzare. My bet is they're aiming to finish just before the summer tour, which would make a fourth quarter release sensible.

My Mind's Wide Open Like Starry Skies

Gigs I've Been To / Am Going To (If You Care)

I write album reviews for RichardThinks.org.

#7 sckofelng

sckofelng

The Maybe Guy

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

MLK.com said in the LP @ RAR/RIP announcement that the new album is coming in Summer 2012. But still, this is interresting just because of the fact that it seems to be that people around Warner tell the "sources" different dates, however I see Summer 2012 being legit.

Edited by sckofelng, 02 January 2012 - 02:28 PM.

Attended LP shows: Frankfurt, 20.01.2008 - Frankfurt, 02.11.2010 - Oberursel, 19.06.2011 - Rock Am Ring, 01.06.2012 - Rock Am Ring 07.06.2014 - Download Festival (w/ HT full) 14.06.2014

#8 Xero21

Xero21

Idol

• Members
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

You don't have an album almost completely mastered a year before it's released. Mastering happens in the weeks leading up to a release. So either the band is far from being done with mastering, or the album is just going to randomly come out in a month. I'd like to know what "sources" Hot 99.5 has.
the proud new admin at fuckyeahlinkinpark.tumblr.com follow us!

#9 wiiesel

wiiesel

The fortunate one

• Donators
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

I would love it if they would do it like the LPU. Suddenly it's here without any announcements. But Warner wants money so they have to do promotion. I think it comes out after the summer tour/shows where they'll promote the album.

#10 maik_gianino

maik_gianino

Idol

• Members
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

My bet is May, maybe April. Because everytime that Linkin Park played in Rock Am Ring they have a new album to play on the stage. 4 songs to end the album mixing sounds good to me. They need to do some promo stuff and all that kind of things. Lets wait for official comments.
My Twitter My Facebook Youtube

Posted Image
Website Facebook Page Twitter Youtube

"I wanted to make a record that made people feel as though they were on drugs. I wanted it to be fucked up. I want people to feel not normal when they listen to it."

05.10.2010 - Buenos Aires, Argentina. Estadio Velez Sarsfield.
07.10.2012 - Buenos Aires, Argentina. Estadio GEBA

#11 adaminator1

adaminator1

Veteran

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

From twitter:

Mike Shinoda
“@LPAssociation: HOT 99.5 Radio Claim Linkin Park Are Almost Finished With New Album” M: is HOT 99.5 where we get our reliable news now?

Topic? What topic? The topic about how we've been Mike-Rolled?

Thread winner.

#12 MacGyver

MacGyver

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

Mike's twitter

BREAKING NEWS: HOT 99.5 Radio changing format to classic country, renaming station "Howdy 99.5 Radio" in February 2012.

RESIDENT SKUMFUK
Can I ask a question? What makes you happy? I wonder what makes you happy does it make others happy, too?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image

#13 Xero21

Xero21

Idol

• Members
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

99.5 is the TMZ of D.C. radio. Garbage.

#14 Bliss

Bliss

Idol

• Members
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

i say before the summer tour tbh

2013 Concerts:
February 8th- VoxNora, Atlas Genius, and Imagine Dragons. (Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ)
April 18th- The Postal Service. (Comerica Theatre, Phoenix, AZ)
June 6th- Hillsong United. (ShoWare Center, Kent, WA)
September 7th- Chivalry is Dead, Always Right, Monhagans Dixon, Straight Til Morning, Visions of the Martyr, To Each His Own, and Romance Mechanics. (Pub Rock, Scottsdale, AZ)
December 3rd- Get Dead, Masked Intruder, Anti-Flag, and Less Than Jake. (The Nile, Mesa, AZ)

2014 Concerts:

February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)

#15 ColonyCollapse

ColonyCollapse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

I think new album will release much earlier than in Q4 of this year.

If all the rumours about the album being finished soon, and only 4 more songs being mastered. I agree
For me, it's all about getting back to the real "hybrid theory" — not the album with that name, but the idea that the six guys in our band have drastically different tastes in music, and the blending of all those sounds into one is exactly what we built our band upon.

-Mike Shinoda

#16 Xero21

Xero21

Idol

• Members
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

If all the rumours about the album being finished soon, and only 4 more songs being mastered. I agree

They aren't though. Mike confirmed that through his tweets.

#17 ColonyCollapse

ColonyCollapse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

Yeah, just saw it. I knew it wasnt true
For me, it's all about getting back to the real "hybrid theory" — not the album with that name, but the idea that the six guys in our band have drastically different tastes in music, and the blending of all those sounds into one is exactly what we built our band upon.

-Mike Shinoda

#18 adaminator1

adaminator1

Veteran

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

He just pointed out that they weren't a reliable source of information. He didn't actually CONFIRM that the rumours were true or not.

Well played, Mike. Well played.

Edited by adaminator1, 02 January 2012 - 10:52 PM.

Topic? What topic? The topic about how we've been Mike-Rolled?

Thread winner.

#19 Geki

Geki

Street Soldier

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:10 AM

I don't think the album will be out that early...I was honestly expecting a late spring release in 2013. Time will tell.

#20 LPU90

LPU90

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:24 AM

My bet is May, maybe April.

Because everytime that Linkin Park played in Rock Am Ring they have a new album to play on the stage.

4 songs to end the album mixing sounds good to me. They need to do some promo stuff and all that kind of things.

Lets wait for official comments.

If ther album would be out in april/may, I expected a single in march

Edited by LPU90, 03 January 2012 - 04:25 AM.

I TRIED SO HARD AND GOT SO FAR BUT IN THE END IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users