Japan Promo

RogueSoul

A new week, a new round of promo. The band will be spending quite a bit of time in Japan before they head to South America to begin touring for One More Light, Joe and Mike having already been there for a couple of weeks and Chester joining in yesterday. Mike and Chester are beginning to do promo in Tokyo, and will be playing at least one show there (on NTV News Zero) so look out for a few acoustic songs later.

Here's all the interviews we can gather from today - let us know if you find any more! For the sake of not repeating the same "we focussed on lyrics" and "its a softer album," we'll only highlight some of the newer information.

QQ China:

• Every member of the band pretty much sticks to their own niche. On Living Things, Brad tried to write songs on piano and Mike played all of the guitar. Chester even said he asked him "when are you going to play guitar?"
  • The band want to return to China, but haven't solidified any dates yet.
  • The band has rehearsed songs both full band and stripped down.
  • At the band's first show in China, they could tell fans who weren't very familiar with them, there was a reaction that they didn't really understand the angrier songs, but by the end they all sort of understood it.
  • The next album could be literally anything; Chester joked that it might be a polka/reggae record.
  • Chester used to hate love songs early in the bands career, until he wrote 'The Messenger.'
  • For everyone who keeps asking the band why they changed sound, Chester says to look back at who you were five, ten years ago and see how much you've changed.

The last point is EXACTLY what I think, I m not exactly the same person i was 10 or even 5 yrs ago and if i d write music it would reflect it

"I am not the fortune and the fame, nor the same person telling you to "forfeit the game"."

Always loved that line, and that's basically exactly what Chester was saying.

Sure, everyone changes as time goes on. But what does that have to do with writing generic pop songs? I don't understand why they keep acting like they're shocked by the reactions they're getting. A majority of their fans aren't listening to pop music regularly. Plus, it's not even good pop music. Stick to what you do best...this isn't it.

A majority of their fans aren't listening to pop music regularly. Plus, it's not even good pop music.

Correction: MINORITY and you belong in that. Besides, it's good pop music.

Edited by Stranger

I don't think anything from One More Light so far has been bad pop music, but it's a bit too predictable (and yes a tad generic aswell) while in 99% of the cases I wouldn't call them anywhere near that. But if I learned anything from being a LP fan is that if you don't like something by them, either listen it again and see if it grows, or take a step back and sit back till the next era :)

They are def. not the same people from 10years ago and that is logical and normal. They get influenced by a lot more things and they also have children growing up and coming in touch with certain music styles and influences their kids look up to. Instead of their first few records, where they basically were growing up, dealing with stuff and figuring out who they are. Now they are grown ups, with kids, with experience and new problems they have to deal with.

and yes I agree with Justin, that line reflects it perfectly

• The band want to return to China, but haven't solidified any dates yet.

So it looks like they will not play in China at 2017 Asia tour. But I think they will do another big stadium tour in China next summer like they did in 2015 to earn more money with this "exclusive 2018 Asia thing" xD

The songs released so far fit with the pop scene but they are far from being bad, they do not belong to the generic EDM infused shitty songs you hear IMO, they HAVE the LP vibe plus s/thing new ;) I mean the 3 songs released could fit on LT or even MTM ( except for Good Goodbye Maybe for the latter)

Edited by Comfortinthepanic92

I'm really looking forward to see how they will add the new songs on the setlists with heavy songs like One Step Closer and Rebellion.

They probably won't be playing Rebellion, unless they specifically confirmed it. If they did, I apologize lol

I'm really looking forward to see how they will add the new songs on the setlists with heavy songs like One Step Closer and Rebellion.

It wouldn't be so hard if they would dose the setlist and make certain sections with songs in a similair tempo/sound

They did that with In Between, Castle of Glass Experience and others, not that hard at this point