Linkin Park unrealized material

SOBFan1234

We would already have the song if there weren't these legal issues. It's pretty much the same issue She Couldn't had, they tried to release the song too but couldn't work it out. I'm not a media lawyer but I'm sure the sample issues are big enough to prevent any sort of release. I guess it doesn't matter if it's free or not. I assume if the original artist of the sample doesn't want it to be used, so a release is not possible. You can't sample something without permission. They can do whatever they want in the studio/at home, that's something completely different.

Producers can sample music without permission and release it for free so long as it qualifies for fair use. There may be other limitations as well but I'm also not a music lawyer. LP doesn't give away music for free though. The LPU albums, bonus tracks and single b-sides are all commercial releases. If Pictureboard does have a sample clearance issue similar to She Couldn't the only way the band could give it away would be either Mike's Soundcloud page or a download link on Twitter.

Pictureboard was written during the period Mark was in the band, but it's registered in Linkin Park's BMI catalog and includes Chester's name in the songwriting credits, so the recording of it was obviously done later on. Warner owns it and it's registered under the Linkin Park name.

i can't find it under "Linkin Park" name, only under the band members names (-Dave +Mark).

I've always thought we'd get Pictureboard by Mike randomly leaking it somewhere. Like he did with Remember The Name a while ago. But, of course, this may take some more years.

all the "because copyrights" thing, is just a lame excuse for getting rid of harassment about this thing. i guess it will be on some LPU CD someday, but i don't think it's gonna leak. Edited by Skipees

One... Why is it so bad that they can't release it free... NO ONE WILL BE MAKING MONEY!

Warner basically is holding the tape for no apparent reason other than to screw with us... They're a bigger troll than Mike!

Two... Pictureboard was made Before the sign-up... Linkin Park basically has the right to release it free...

And If I'm Wrong Correct me...

The song isn't copyrighted and isn't associated with Warner... more or less... it IS associated with MARK WAKEFIELD AND MIKE SHINODA THEY ARE THE ONES WHO SHOULD HAVE THE SAY...

sorry for my rant here...

...What was I on Last night?!

Edited by ConsUme

• 3 weeks later...

I hope it's not too late to post here. While I was looking for Picture board on BMI I found a song by Mike Shinoda named Tampa Finals

http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWri...uerytype=WorkID

Do you guys know any info about it?

"Tampa Finals" refers to a piece Mike did as part of the score for Rob Dyrdek's "Street Dreams" movie in 2009.

Edited by Skipees

Yup!

Similar setlists its another problem too, LP is a machine they never do something that isnt planned, they need to jam more.

Let's be honest most of the DSP's sounds like the same and if you already have one it just sounds like any other in most cases.

wrong thread?