Linkin Park unrealized material

SOBFan1234

That would be hard since no one here knows how it sounds in the first place

Fixed it for you. Some people do, as it was rumored to have been played in the past, they just aren't members here or don't know Xero went on as anything else.

Fixed it for you. Some people do, as it was rumored to have been played in the past, they just aren't members here or don't know Xero went on as anything else.

Well, obviously the band knows lol. The people who saw Xero play it probably don't remember shit either, but who knows. We'd have to hunt someone down.

That would be hard since no one knows how it sounds in the first place

Why can't they take the samples out and replace them with the millions of sounds the made for a thousand suns is beyond me.

...it's not like the only copy is on tape is it...

Wait IS IT?

O_O

PS: I HATE YOU WARNER....

Why can't they take the samples out and replace them with the millions of sounds the made for a thousand suns is beyond me.

They probably don't have the studio session anymore (the session where all the tracks are separated for mixing)

They probably don't have the studio session anymore (the session where all the tracks are separated for mixing)

They had the multitracks for Sad and Faint from LPU9, because there were parts cut out from the acetate versions. They also have multitracks for the HTEP, as instrumental versions of those songs are all over LPTV episodes, including one instance of High Voltage having a different guitar part than the one found on the EP itself, along with some sound effects that are absent from the "released" version.

Edited by Astat

PS: I HATE YOU WARNER....

Are you serious? What has this to do with anything?

But you might be right with your point that it might only exists on tape, and it can be edited. we don't know enough about the sample, maybe it's so important for the song that it can be removed/replaced. Or maybe they just don't want to change the song just so that it can be released. We wanted it but they could care less about a 15 year old song and maybe just sucks, who are we supposed to know. At this point it's almost impossible for the song to live up our high expectations.

mybad i keep thinkin pictureboard is that song everybody calls "be yourself" or "inyourself"

i ment that song

Some people believe that they are the same song, but nobody is really sure. Regardless, I think someone was working on tabbing 'Be Yourself', but I might be wrong.

Edited by Castle of Glass

Are you serious? What has this to do with anything?

One... Why is it so bad that they can't release it free... NO ONE WILL BE MAKING MONEY!

Warner basically is holding the tape for no apparent reason other than to screw with us... They're a bigger troll than Mike!

Two... Pictureboard was made Before the sign-up... Linkin Park basically has the right to release it free...

And If I'm Wrong Correct me...

The song isn't copyrighted and isn't associated with Warner... more or less... it IS associated with MARK WAKEFIELD AND MIKE SHINODA THEY ARE THE ONES WHO SHOULD HAVE THE SAY...

sorry for my rant here...

Edited by ConsUme

One... Why is it so bad that they can't release it free... NO ONE WILL BE MAKING MONEY!

Warner basically is holding the tape for no apparent reason other than to screw with us... They're a bigger troll than Mike!

Two... Pictureboard was made Before the sign-up... Linkin Park basically has the right to release it free...

The song isn't copyrighted and isn't associated with Warner... more or less... it IS associated with MARK WAKEFIELD AND MIKE SHINODA THEY ARE THE ONES WHO SHOULD HAVE THE SAY...

What?

1) That's the point. They WANT money. That's like releasing a new album for free.

2) The samples it has is owned by someone. That's the whole reason they can't release it. The owner would probably sue them or something.

You totally contradict yourself there. Further down you claim the song is not associated to Warner, which in my opinion sounds reasonable, personally thinking about it I guess "they" might not even have a copy of the song.

The whole they want to screw with us is complete bullshit. Just the usual Warner is so evil plot.

We would already have the song if there weren't these legal issues. It's pretty much the same issue She Couldn't had, they tried to release the song too but couldn't work it out. I'm not a media lawyer but I'm sure the sample issues are big enough to prevent any sort of release. I guess it doesn't matter if it's free or not. I assume if the original artist of the sample doesn't want it to be used, so a release is not possible. You can't sample something without permission. They can do whatever they want in the studio/at home, that's something completely different.

I think it's either one of the possiblities, the sampled artists declines or they ask for too much money. The music industry takes sampling very seriously.

All lthere is the statement from Mike and the rest is just assumption, we might never get it. The whole thing is just completely overhyped. It wouldn't suprise me if Mike regrets now that he ever mentioned it cause people can't shut up about it. I'd understand if we previously heard a piece of the song but we literally know nothing about it. I doubt it's better than any of the other Xero songs, they are good but not mindblowing either.

sorry for my rant here...

Pictureboard was written during the period Mark was in the band, but it's registered in Linkin Park's BMI catalog and includes Chester's name in the songwriting credits, so the recording of it was obviously done later on. Warner owns it and it's registered under the Linkin Park name.