If you were the producer..

Skipees

If I were the producer, I definitely would have made Foreword/Don't Stay either one track, or just didn't have Foreword. It's always bugged me. No need to make a 13 song album just to have a 13 second intro, it's pointless to me.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Probably gonna revive this old thread, but I would take the Road to Revolution Album recording, and release it digitally (on iTunes, etc) with all the Missing songs that weren't on the CD, kinda like a DSP, but sounds different.

I'll go further, Why not a DVD-2CD combo? And if it would be any problem with the 2CDs, I'd left the second encore out "jay z collab and bleed it out" and release it on the New Divide single. I've always hated that they altered the tracklist with the hidden songs...

• 1 year later...

lol sorry for bumping an ollld thread but the topic of this interested me. time for another revive.

Hybrid Theory:

This album is great but theirs some stuff I would change. For starters, I would put in place the demo rap vocals for Place for my head, In The End, as well as By Myself. I would also put in transitions to the songs similar to Meteora and ATS. These transitions would be a somewhat slow buildup for the songs, their wouldn't be one for everyone, just a few. I would most definitely add the songs Part of Me, Carousel, And One, High Voltage(Remix). The Part of Me I would add would be the one from the 9 track however mixed with some elements of the EP version( mainly the post bridge section with mikes rap) as well as make Chesters Chorus a slight bit raspier. Carousel would Chesters Chorus from the EP version, except with the 9 track instrumentals (mainly the guitar in the chorus, its present in the EP but its mixed differently and sounds distorted). For And One, I would make it like the version they performed live in their early years. High Voltage would just be at the end of Cure for the Itch. I also would like the tracks to be mixed and mastered slightly different, more like the unmastered studio finals with of course some changes.

Meteora:

Not to much to change here, but for starts I would incorporate the Figure.09 demo into another new song (just slightly change the instrumentals of the chorus, give it a brand new riff and add mike). I would also add A.06 aswell as the old unreleased demo Thoughts That Take Away My Pride. I would also change the mixing and mastering on this ever so slightly. The Mixing on the first 2 albums is amazing but I would still change it a bit. I would also make this sound like the unmastered HT finals, so basically without a lot of those effects added on(vocals effects).

Minutes To Midnight:

I like it how it is, I would say make a Hybrid Theory Part III but clearly that wouldn't happen. I would add the Minutes to Midnight tracks that were cut from the final list, and make it end on Black Birds.

A Thousand Suns:

Absolutely nothing except change the messenger (Its an amazing song but doesn't fit in that well) So I would just change it it to be more like the other tracks. Probably just make it a little more electronic. Make the guitar more synthy, etc.

The Living Things:

There aren't many songs on here that I like, so if it was an option, I would replace the ones that Im not fond of to something else (all of the songs are fine TBH, it just doesn't click together for me when listening to the entire album at once.) Some songs like IN MY REMAINS and LOST IN THE ECHO, I would make it with maybe a slightly different vocal take, perhaps just a little more energy, other than that rest is fine. Of Course I would want this mixed differently.

The Hunting Party:

I know Linkin Park wanted to do something different and heavy which Im fine with. I would add a lot more turntable use to this album, and mix it slightly differently, I would like to see Mike return with some of his raps for a few songs on this album aswell.

One More Light:

Something strange always happens to me when I listen to this album. I dislike it when listening to the Album at once. I get bored, the songs dont cut it for me. However when I listen to one track individually I like it. Of course that is probably because more people buy singles now and dont often listen to albums in one sitting. If I could change something I would remove those annoying Chipmunk Vocals but other than that, thats it.

Hybrid Theory - I would get rid of By Myself for And One. I would also probably get rid of Cure For The Itch for High Voltage completely, the version included on the OSC Single. Never cared for By Myself and High Voltage would be cool to add in being a full hip-hop track. Never cared much for Cure For The Itch either, and that's partially why as well.

Meteora - I would definitely give Don't Stay a short little intro to get rid of Foreword altogether. Always annoyed me. I also would probably swap Numb with Breaking The Habit, so Breaking The Habit ends the album, and of course have proper interludes to make it all flow similar to how they did it on the original album. Other than that, it's a solid album.

Minutes To Midnight - I'm tempted to leave this one alone, but I guess I would change a few things. People would probably kill me for saying this out loud, but I'd get rid of Hands Held High for Across The Line and get rid of In Between for What We Don't Know. I have always loved both songs and they fit well when I swap those out. I realize it would really only leave Mike on Bleed It Out and that's it, but I'm fine with that, because I have always felt like Minutes To Midnight was the album where Chester shined the most. He was definitely the ''lead singer'' during that album era and I was fine with it. Other than that, it's a perfect album. I possibly would include a different instrumental as the opener instead of Wake, but it would have to be really cool and not too long. Maybe a instrumental in the style of the one in between Shadow Of The Day and What I've Done on the album, something like Basquiat, but shorter, like a minute and a half long, and it would fade into Given Up.

A Thousand Suns - I would probably get rid of Empty Spaces, Wisdom Justice And Love and The Messenger completely. The Messenger never worked as a closer for me and I would rather have The Catalyst close the album, it's perfect as a closer to me. I have always thought Empty Spaces was stupid, much like Foreword on Meteora. So I would just give When They Come For Me a short little intro to make it flow instead. Wisdom Justice And Love, while a great speech, I never cared for.

LIVING THINGS - This is a perfect album to me, besides Until It Breaks. I'd probably ditch it for a different song, maybe Devil's Drop, and I would make Devil's Drop more ''finalized'' by getting rid of the stuff in the beginning and end with the talking. Other than that, it's a perfect album to me. I may have also kept Primo a little bit similar to the original version, but it would be way more tweaked up. I'd keep the original chorus but definitely have the verses appear the way they do on Living Things. I'd also keep the complete vocal in the bridge of the song, instead of cutting it off like it does on Living Things, because it makes the lyrics make no sense. I would keep ''There's nothing that could stop me from going home'' instead of ''There's nothing that could stop me'', in other words.

The Hunting Party - Oh boy. I would change so much about this album. It would be so different. For one, all of the interludes in between songs would be completely gone. To me, they never fit, and I hate them. They would all fade in and out to each other as the songs ended instead. I would also completely get rid of Until It's Gone and replace it with White Noise or some other completed song that didn't make the cut. I probably would also get rid of The Summoning and Drawbar completely for completed songs as well. I also hate the cheesy chorus of All For Nothing, with Chester screaming ''You say'', so I'd ditch that completely, too. I would also have kept the 1-2-1-2-Fuck You intro to War instead of the 1-2-1-2-Thank You intro included on the album, to keep it more punk rock, and because I love cursing. I would also probably ditch Rakim being on Guilty All The Same completely and just have a heavy breakdown with Chester like they originally thought about doing. The rest of the album is fine.

One More Light - There's a lot I would change here as well. I would definitely get rid of Kiiara on Heavy and just have Chester sing the song all the way through. I'd get rid of Pusha T and Stormzy on Good Goodbye as well and just give Mike a second verse, and perhaps add another rapper to do one verse, maybe someone like Kendrick Lamar or Tyler, The Creator. I would keep the chipmunk shit on Nobody Can Save Me, but get rid of it on Good Goodbye, Sorry For Now and whatever else it was on. I'd probably get rid of Invisible for a different song entirely that didn't make the cut, I have never been a big fan of it, same goes for Halfway Right, I'd ditch that too for some other song that didn't make the cut. I'd have Sharp Edges appear somewhere else on the album so that One More Light can close out the album, I prefer it vastly as a closer. I'd also change the lyric on Sharp Edges that says ''What doesn't kill us makes us stronger'' to something else entirely. Sorry For Now would have had the chorus sang the way it was in the original clip from 2016, in that key, and Chester's verse would be gone from the song entirely, and Blackbear would add a verse instead. Other than that, it's fine with me.

Edited by Geki

I wouldn't change much about LP's music, but one thing that comes to mind is the instrumentation on Battle Symphony. Every time I hear that song I feel it could've used some more original instrumentation. Real drums for example, like on Nobody Can Save Me. I'd also make the guitars stand out and lower the volume of the synths. That's why I think the live version was so much better. I'd keep the intro vocal sample though, because that's a unique sound that makes the track stand out from other songs.

I wouldn't change much about LP's music, but one thing that comes to mind is the instrumentation on Battle Symphony. Every time I hear that song I feel it could've used some more original instrumentation. Real drums for example, like on Nobody Can Save Me. I'd also make the guitars stand out and lower the volume of the synths. That's why I think the live version was so much better. I'd keep the intro vocal sample though, because that's a unique sound that makes the track stand out from other songs.

I have never heard someone say that they think Battle Symphony is better live. It was easily one of the worst live songs they have ever played in their entire career, it's on par with how bad Hit The Floor/Easier To Run and Lies Greed Misery sounded live. The studio version of Battle Symphony completely blows it away in my opinion. They did make it sound decent on One More Light Live, the album, but listen to performances of it from random shows on YouTube, you may think twice.

I have never heard someone say that they think Battle Symphony is better live. It was easily one of the worst live songs they have ever played in their entire career, it's on par with how bad Hit The Floor/Easier To Run and Lies Greed Misery sounded live. The studio version of Battle Symphony completely blows it away in my opinion. They did make it sound decent on One More Light Live, the album, but listen to performances of it from random shows on YouTube, you may think twice.

I heard it live in Amsterdam and I liked it way better than the studio version. Live drums and louder guitar parts give this song way more power for example. That's how I experienced it at least

All LP albums r great. But us fans would slays love soemthing or another to be diffirent

Hybrid Theory:

• Make And One the secret track

Meteora:

• Change the tracklist to: Figure.09 - From The Inside - Numb - Session - Breaking The Habit
  • Remove Nobody's Listening for A.06 and place it after Hit The Floor

Minutes to Midnight:

• Revamp the whole tracklist

- Basquiat

- Given Up

- No More Sorrow

- Across The Line (w/ Acetate Intro)

- Hands Held High

- Leave Out All The Rest

- Shadow of the Day

- What I've Done

- In Pieces

- No Roads Left

- Bleed It Out (Longer Version)

- The Little Things Give You Away

- QWERTY (Secret Track)

• NRL sounds better and is more energetic than In Between
  • Valentines Day, even though it's about Chester's father, sounds like a crappy love song to the uninformed casual person. Which is why I've swapped it for Across The Line

A Thousand Suns:

• Nothing

Living Things:

• Replace I'll Be Gone with a refined version of Primo
  • Remove Skin to Bone
  • Break 'Until It Breaks' into two tracks: A mash-up between Apaches and Foot Patrol, make Bang Three Band Terror its own track.

The Hunting Party:

• Replace 1-2-1-2 THANK YOU with 1-2-1-2 FUCK YOU on War because it's more aggressive
  • Remove the in-track interludes
  • Changing the tracklist again

- Guilty All The Same

- All For Nothing

- Keys To The Kingdom

- War

- Rebellion

- White Noise

- Wastelands

- Until It's Gone

- Mark The Graves

- Devil's Drop

- Final Masquerade

- A Line In The Sand

• The Summoning and Drawbar (despite the Lizzi Cloverman remix being incredible) are pointless so in comes White Noise and Devil's Drop.

One More Light:

• Replace Kiarra with Iowa-era Corey Taylor on Heavy

Hybrid Theory:

• Make And One the secret track

Meteora:

• Change the tracklist to: Figure.09 - From The Inside - Numb - Session - Breaking The Habit
  • Remove Nobody's Listening for A.06 and place it after Hit The Floor

Minutes to Midnight:

• Revamp the whole tracklist

- Basquiat

- Given Up

- No More Sorrow

- Across The Line (w/ Acetate Intro)

- Hands Held High

- Leave Out All The Rest

- Shadow of the Day

- What I've Done

- In Pieces

- No Roads Left

- Bleed It Out (Longer Version)

- The Little Things Give You Away

- QWERTY (Secret Track)

• NRL sounds better and is more energetic than In Between
  • Valentines Day, even though it's about Chester's father, sounds like a crappy love song to the uninformed casual person. Which is why I've swapped it for Across The Line

A Thousand Suns:

• Nothing

Living Things:

• Replace I'll Be Gone with a refined version of Primo
  • Remove Skin to Bone
  • Break 'Until It Breaks' into two tracks: A mash-up between Apaches and Foot Patrol, make Bang Three Band Terror its own track.

The Hunting Party:

• Replace 1-2-1-2 THANK YOU with 1-2-1-2 FUCK YOU on War because it's more aggressive
  • Remove the in-track interludes
  • Changing the tracklist again

- Guilty All The Same

- All For Nothing

- Keys To The Kingdom

- War

- Rebellion

- White Noise

- Wastelands

- Until It's Gone

- Mark The Graves

- Devil's Drop

- Final Masquerade

- A Line In The Sand

• The Summoning and Drawbar (despite the Lizzi Cloverman remix being incredible) are pointless so in comes White Noise and Devil's Drop.

One More Light:

• Replace Kiarra with Iowa-era Corey Taylor on Heavy

Valentine's Day actually isn't about Chester's Dad. His Dad is still alive and well. But I've seen that rumor a few times online over the years. The song itself has a lot of references to death; perhaps it's more so about someone really close to you that has died and dealing with the loss of that. I've said a few times on this site now that I actually asked Mike what the song was about directly at the Holmdel 2014 Meet & Greet and he said ''I don't know man, you'll have to ask Chester, he wrote the lyrics for that song''. So when Chester finally came around to me, I asked him about it, and he said ''it was pretty much about death, long story short.'' Pretty vague, I know.

But yeah, I can see what you mean, that people who don't look into the lyrics that hear the song might just think it's some cheesy love song, it definitely appears that way.

Anyways, I actually liked your tracklisting for Meteora and MTM a lot. THP as well except for Devil's Drop. Cool lists.

Nothing about Valentine's Day reads like a love song, from tone to actual lyrics lol

"My insides all turn to ash so slow and blew away as I collapsed so cold" or "And the ground below grew colder as they put down inside" are so far from sounding like a cheesy love song. Only part that could MAYBE be interpreted like that are "I never knew what it was like to be alone on a Valentine's Day"

Nothing about Valentine's Day reads like a love song, from tone to actual lyrics lol

"My insides all turn to ash so slow and blew away as I collapsed so cold" or "And the ground below grew colder as they put down inside" are so far from sounding like a cheesy love song. Only part that could MAYBE be interpreted like that are "I never knew what it was like to be alone on a Valentine's Day"

My bad

i never saw those songs live or amy for that matter as the NA oml tour was stopped but both HTF and ETR sound amazing live

i never saw those songs live or amy for that matter as the NA oml tour was stopped but both HTF and ETR sound amazing live

Many people over the years have criticized all of those songs live. ETR isn't as bad as the others, but it still isn't good, at least to me and a lot of other people. It's a lot better on the album, while a lot of songs by Linkin Park are good in both forms, some even better live.

HTF.... ldk. I hate how it sounded live and so don't a lot of other people, like I said. Maybe those people just didn't like the song to begin with. I actually like the studio version of the song. Battle Symphony just sounded bad a lot of the times that they played it. You can go back and read what people were saying about it. They polished it up nicely for the live release, but... Idk, It's all just a matter of opinion after all, anyways.