LT-era Live DVD?

lgr

are we going to get a Live DVD from the Living Things era?

if we are going to get a release, my bet's on Monterrey '12 - MTV show (so no previous DSP release), a big "live return" to the area, was definitely filmed for broadcast so would be of a good quality.

what does everyone else think?

hard to believe they will release 2 MTV shows in row (ATS+), but who knows..

I just think that in this day and age, if they could just access something thats already been filmed for them (so they dont have to hire ++ gear), and it was something that's not easily available in full...

it would be odd to have them release 2 MTV shows back to back, but ... you never know!

I wish LP would do a live CD/DVD for each album cycle. They covered Hybrid Theory/Meteora era with Live In Texas, they covered the Minutes To Midnight era with Road To Revolution and they covered the A Thousand Suns era with Madrid (ATS+). I really hope they do one for Living Things. They released 2 live tracks from Rock Im Park with the tour edition so even that show would be a really cool option. I honestly don't care what show they would choose if they were to do it as long as it took place in 2012/2013. Imagine if they filmed a Australia/New Zealand show for a CD/DVD. That would be SO epic.

When was RTR released? Like what month?

09/21/2008

I wish LP would do a live CD/DVD for each album cycle. They covered Hybrid Theory/Meteora era with Live In Texas, they covered the Minutes To Midnight era with Road To Revolution and they covered the A Thousand Suns era with Madrid (ATS+). I really hope they do one for Living Things. They released 2 live tracks from Rock Im Park with the tour edition so even that show would be a really cool option. I honestly don't care what show they would choose if they were to do it as long as it took place in 2012/2013. Imagine if they filmed a Australia/New Zealand show for a CD/DVD. That would be SO epic.

I think the dvd should be recorded in 2014, with songs, like Robot Boy, Roads Untraveled and more

This cycle was a mess, we're not getting a DVD unless it's of one of the 2013 shows. And by then, I doubt anybody beyond the diehards will care at all.

why should only diehards care for it then? If the diehards are the only ones complaining about setlists and shit ^^

Everyone here seems to forget that LP had another promo show screened in theaters, so if they're really interested in riding the money train, they can just as easily re-mix and master the horrible quality of that and just release it as a DVD or as a bonus DVD for a special edition LT. Kinda like Madrid with ATS, although, personally, I loved everything about that show. Or, they could always do Carson, CA, that one was also pretty badass.

Edited by Stone44

I don't know if the band will make another live CD/DVD set; their shows are too long for CD's. I could see them releasing another DVD because as other people have said, it's almost been 5 years since RTR came out and that was the last major release. They'll probably just stick to EP's or something similar. Putting the mp3's on the Madrid DVD was a great idea, but the quality was weaker than the Puerta de Alcala release.

I don't know if the band will make another live CD/DVD set; their shows are too long for CD's. I could see them releasing another DVD because as other people have said, it's almost been 5 years since RTR came out and that was the last major release. They'll probably just stick to EP's or something similar. Putting the mp3's on the Madrid DVD was a great idea, but the quality was weaker than the Puerta de Alcala release.

Is that why I like the Puerta de Alcala EP more? Always thought that but I wasn't sure. Madrid was cool but there are tons of ATS shows they could have chose instead. Madrid wasn't even a full set!