Styles Of Beyond Christmas Show 12/22

hahninator

Styles Of Beyond, who released the highly-anticipated album Reseda Beach several months ago, has announced that they will be playing a show in Pasadena, CA at The Terrance Restaurant on December 22nd. This will be the first SoB show in years, and it's possible that Mike will make an appearance at the show. SoB's last tour they did was Projekt Revolution 2007, where Mike joined the group for 'Remember The Name' (Fort Minor) and 'Second To None' (Styles Of Beyond featuring Mike) at many shows, the last being September 3, 2007 in Colorado (show page here).

Where: The Terrace Restaurant

When: December 22, 2012, 8:00pm

Tickets: Here for $14

Here is a recent interview with Ryu by HipHop DX. A highlight of that interview can be read below:

"DX: If people are feeling this one would you guys consider doing another S.O.B. record after this one and establishing a future?

Ryu: Yeah, absolutely, I wouldn’t mind. I’d like to tour with S.O.B., we never tour that often, we’ve never toured that often. I’d like to do a tour, maybe hit South By Southwest and do all the regular shit that other groups do, I’d be down to do that and then put together another record. Like I said, if the demand’s there for it, I’d love to do it. It’s not like we’re not working on shit anyways, like me and Tak are working on some shit right now but it’s for a collaborative project that we’re doing. My man Gravity Christ, we’re working with him too and that project is absolutely bizarre, it’s just crazy, fucking robotic shit. [Laughs] I think the problem with Styles Of Beyond is we’re never consistently sticking to one style of shit that we do and I guess that’s why we’re Styles Of Beyond. I think if we consistently made the same shit for years, we’d have a bigger following but I think we lose people on albums and gain people on albums…"

Who's going?

They are making music together again and are actually working on a project outside of SoB together (read the interview I linked above).

They might do more SoB in the future, which is a legit possibility. The show should be interesting and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Mike appeared for a song or two.

They are making music together again and are actually working on a project outside of SoB together (read the interview I linked above).

They might do more SoB in the future, which is a legit possibility. The show should be interesting and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Mike appeared for a song or two.

Mike appearing for Remember The Name and Second To None would be boss.

"has announced they will be playing a show"

it always amazes me that a lot of groups don't tour to promote a record. this is one performance for a vaguely new album, think back to LP's Hybrid Theory promo days... crazy! I guess it's different for bands who don't play with amps, drums etc. but it's still funny how promotion works differently for different genres

"has announced they will be playing a show"

it always amazes me that a lot of groups don't tour to promote a record. this is one performance for a vaguely new album, think back to LP's Hybrid Theory promo days... crazy! I guess it's different for bands who don't play with amps, drums etc. but it's still funny how promotion works differently for different genres

SOB is a very underground group, and they haven't been active since mid 2007. I don't think they'd actually be able to tour the US and have enough ticket sales to fund that... No offense, I love SOB, I own all their albums, etc, but seriously..