Preorder "Reseda Beach" by Styles Of Beyond

hahninator

Styles Of Beyond Central, run by the almighty Jay Sinkie (a great, longtime friend of LPLive and our staff), has posted information regarding the upcoming release of "Reseda Beach" by Styles Of Beyond. Word of this album first started circulating in 2007 and a release was expected later that year or in 2008, but due to the band severing their relationship from Machine Shop/Warner (due to WBR shelving the album), the album has never come out...until now!

As you all know by now, Mike Shinoda executive produced the album and is featured on 'Second To None'. Ryu says, "Reseda Beach will come with a BONUS DISC of Razor Tag individual tracks, plus unreleased songs." The album will be released via Apathy's "Dirty Version" record label. Reseda Beach is scheduled for release on October 23, 2012 and the preorders discussed below will be shipped starting October 15th.

Posted Image

The first single entitled 'The Pirate Song' is now available for streaming HERE, so check that out. On September 6th, the track 'Damn' (feat. Michael Buble) was released - check that HERE. The Buble version will not appear on the album due to WBR being weird, but at least it was released in some form! Unfortunately the earlier version of the song that featured both Michael Buble and Skylar Grey (at that time known as Holly Brook) is not planned to be released.

In the Demigodz store you can now preorder two versions of the album - the 16 song version with a full 20 song bonus CD (featuring songs from their "Razor Tag" mixtape plus unreleased songs) for $13.00 (get that HERE), or you can get both of those CDs with a t-shirt for just $25.00 (get that HERE). Disc 2 notably features 'Hey You', which has Mike on vocals.

RESEDA BEACH TRACKLISTING:

01. Here We Go

02. Hard

03. Sugar Honey Iced Tea

04. Take That (featuring Celph Titled)

05. Call My Name

06. Bumble Bee [interlude]

07. The Pirate Song

08. Damn

09. Dumb It Down

10. Howdy Doody

11. Live From Ibiza [interlude]

12. You Love Us (featuring Somaya Reece)

13. Shut Everything Down (featuring Celph Titled)

14. Dunky Fividends (featuring Apathy)

15. Second To None (featuring Mike Shinoda)

16. The Valley [Outro]

DISC 2

01. Gats N Party Hats

02. Hard [Remix]

03. It's Us

04. Hey You (featuring Mike Shinoda)

05. You Cannot Fuck With This (featuring Celph Titled)

06. Here We Come

07. World Famous

08. Bring It Back (featuring Apathy, Celph Titled & Motive)

09. Murderer (featuring Celph Titled)

10. Live At The BBQ (featuring Apathy, Motive & Celph Titled)

11. The Story Begins

12. Bangin' S.O.B.

13. Kill 'Em In The Face (featuring Scoop Deville)

14. Get Involved

15. They Don't Know

16. Journey

17. Savin' L.A. (featuring Bishop Lamont)

18. Radio Clash

19. Kick Me Out

20. Chill Pill (featuring Apathy)

Who's excited? Who's preordering?

Thanks to Jay for the heads up and the info needed for the news!

I am DEFINITELY pre-ordering this shit, tonight. I've been a fan of SOB since 2004 and I own all of their albums, all signed too. I've been waiting for The Pirate Song for years now, last year, Mark sent me the low quality rip of it and it was awesome. Glad to have it in HQ. I can't wait for this album. Awesome about the second disc too. I love Razor Tag and it will be nice to have the non-GL remixes. It also has Kick Me Out which is a sick song they played at PR07.

Fort Minor time! Eat crow, haters.

Well, Mike is only featured on vocals for two tracks that we essentially already have. And he only produced the other couple tracks, no vocals on either of those. Still sick though. You a fan of SOB or just FM?

Well, Mike is only featured on vocals for two tracks that we essentially already have. And he only produced the other couple tracks, no vocals on either of those. Still sick though. You a fan of SOB or just FM?

I like SOB and have been waiting for this damn cd for years lol. I guess I'm just excited to see this get released and see Mike say FM isn't dead and he will probably go back to it in the LPU chat...

Just seems like a good time for a new DBS/ FM album?

I like SOB and have been waiting for this damn cd for years lol. I guess I'm just excited to see this get released and see Mike say FM isn't dead and he will probably go back to it in the LPU chat...

Just seems like a good time for a new DBS/ FM album?

I would absolutely love a new FM release and a new DBS release. I love both bands and it'd be fucking awesome. I actually would prefer it more than a new LP album to be honest. I really hope Tak would do the FM album... DBS would also be weird now since Elias and Brandon are both gone. It'd probably just be Chaz, Ryan, Amir and Frank Zummo. Wouldn't mind that at all though, even though Elias was amazing..

Edited by Geki

They should do FM and DBS at the same time and tour together that would be epic.

Maybe Elias would consider rejoining DBS. I think Frank Zummo is not really a full Julien-K member, for the upcoming european tour they take their other drummer with them since Frank isn't available if I remember right.

I guess Brandon is very replacable, at least for the live performance part.

FM would be great but Shinoda is doing a good amount of stuff on the side, that works for me.

They should do FM and DBS at the same time and tour together that would be epic.

Maybe Elias would consider rejoining DBS. I think Frank Zummo is not really a full Julien-K member, for the upcoming european tour they take their other drummer with them since Frank isn't available if I remember right.

I guess Brandon is very replacable, at least for the live performance part.

FM would be great but Shinoda is doing a good amount of stuff on the side, that works for me.

Shinoda and Ryu handling most of the new FM music (With special guests of coarse) would be fine with me, but I do love Tak and it would be a shame without him...

As for DBS, Brandon hasn't been a member of JK for a long time and they don't really need him at all. DBS could always find another bassist. Elias was awesome, he was one of my favorite drummers ever, I even liked him more than Rob. I didn't know that Frank was not a permanent member... Hmm... Not sure what they would do for drums either. Fuck.

Shinoda and Ryu handling most of the new FM music (With special guests of coarse) would be fine with me, but I do love Tak and it would be a shame without him...

As for DBS, Brandon hasn't been a member of JK for a long time and they don't really need him at all. DBS could always find another bassist. Elias was awesome, he was one of my favorite drummers ever, I even liked him more than Rob. I didn't know that Frank was not a permanent member... Hmm... Not sure what they would do for drums either. Fuck.

I'm sure both Chester and Mike could find someone to fill in for Tak/Elias.

I love the extra raw material we get with these side projects that we don't get to hear through LP.

I love the small venues and intimate concert experiences they bring as well. I really hope we get one more go around of FM/DBS before the next LP record.

I think that DBS & FM are average acts

LP is just fucking awesome no need to have Mike and Chaz separated

however i would like to see Chaz joining CAMP FREDDY again, i love the ROCK AND ROLL Chazy

Now this is very true. I like FM a lot, DBS not so much but I'd rather have new LP.

Anyway YES about Camp Freddy. You can really tell Chester enjoys that type of music more than Linkin Park music and there's no doubt about that at all. Watch him perform the rock music with Camp Freddy and watch him perform with LP. No comparison about what the man simply enjoys more lol. I know he loves LP and all but his love of music primarily comes from the classic rock genre. He owns the shit live. His Camp Freddy performances are amazing and that's why they keep bringing him back for more, people know he jams big and sounds GREAT.

Best live video I've ever seen of Chester:

5:00 the man is JAMMING VERY BIG. Looks like he is having the time of his life. Then Bullet With Butterfly Wings (

) JESUS the man owns the song. And sounds GREAT here too on Highway To Hell:

Camp Freddy with Chester is an amazing group...I'd pay big money to see that perform live, more than I'd pay to see LP honestly even though I love LP. Chester performing the classic rock songs...his voice just fits them so perfectly and he sounds amazing. Great stuff...wish he'd do more Camp Freddy shows.

/end rant of how awesome Camp Freddy and Chester are together :P

I think that DBS & FM are average acts

LP is just fucking awesome no need to have Mike and Chaz separated

however i would like to see Chaz joining CAMP FREDDY again, i love the ROCK AND ROLL Chazy

I'm with you, Joze! Chaz & Mike are better together, and although I like bits and pieces of their side projects, I love almost everything LP does. Very cool to see the SOB album getting released, though. Can't wait to check it out. I'm pre-ordering the double disc version :)