Brazil Updates: Curitiba Cancelled, Rio Night 2 Added

hahninator

From LinkinPark.com:

"Due to logistical issues, some changes have been made to Linkin Park's upcoming Brazilian tour.

- Oct. 7th– São Paulo – Anhembi (no changes)

- Oct. 8th – Rio de Janeiro – Citibank Hall Rio (no changes)

- Oct. 10th – Rio de Janeiro – Citibank Hall Rio (new concert in the city)

- Oct. 12th – Porto Alegre – Gigantinho – (the show was previously booked to happen on Oct. 11th on Zequinha Stadium)

Because of these changes, the concert scheduled in Curitiba on October 10 unfortunately had to be cancelled.

Even with the change of date and place of the concert in Porto Alegre, the tickets purchased for this show are valid for the same sectors. There is no need to exchange tickets.

For the new date in the Citibank Hall, Rio de Janeiro, on Oct. 10th, ticket information is below:

LP Underground Presale – Sept. 12th

General Public On Sale – Sept. 14th"

Thanks to MikeShinodaClan for the heads up!

also... a shame that south america only get such a short tour :/ yeah i know that are 2 shows more than 2010.. but.. this time only 2 countries and last time 3 countries :(

they deserve more!

likely cost issues

if the tour is shorter, they sell more tickets I guess...?

I am Brazilian and I will try to explain what happened.

The coming of Linkin Park to Brazil was disputed by three producers: SWU (the same producer of Maquinária Festival), XYZ and T4F.

The contract with SWU was almost close to being signed when the XYZ offered more money by the coming of the band. But the T4F offered even more money and signed a contract with the band for shows in October.

What happens: to have spent more money, T4F put the tickets at a very high price.

Another thing: if the SWU would have closed the contract with the band, we would have shows at Maquinária Festival in Chile and Paraguay, as producers of both festivals are very close. The shows wouldn't be in October, but in November. With this, the possibility of shows besides the festivals, as in Argentina and other countries would increase greatly.

It was a surprise announcement of shows in Brazil and only in October. This made the other interested countries, such as Chile and Argentina, were surprised. You can see this by the show in Argentina, which was signed only in late August, while the shows in Brazil were announced in the second week of July.

Edit:

To further complicate the ticket sales, the producer XYZ in August announced the coming of the Evanescence to Brazil exactly on the same dates of Linkin Park. This act was seen as a clear answer to T4F. Look: in São Paulo, we will have shows of Evanescence and Linkin Park on the same day and almost at the same time in different places.

(Sorry by the bad English...)

Edited by Victor Del Porto

Wow, didn't realize the Ev dates were on the same dates as LP.

Look:

Linkin Park Brazil Tour:

07/10 São Paulo

08/10 Rio de Janeiro

10/10 Rio de Janeiro

12/10 Porto Alegre

Evanescence Brazil Tour:

04/10 Porto Alegre

06/10 Rio de Janeiro

07/10 São Paulo

11/10 Recife

13/10 Fortaleza

The cost is too high to go more than a show of Linkin Park in Brazil. The Premium ticket for the first show of Rio de Janeiro is R$ 700 (around US$ 350), even more with shows from other bands almost on the same dates (or on the same date).

Edited by Victor Del Porto

Maybe Curitiba sold really badly and they said screw it, night 2 in Rio it is. I think Rio sold out really fast so that'd make sense lol.

That's the reason. I'm sure about that. No doubt about that. Rio is almost sold out but the concert in Rio is for 7,000 people and Curitiba was for almost 20,000.

I'm sure one day South America will get a regular tour. They could probably play Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Colombia, etc.

Off course. Brazilian economy is so well and better than Europe and Asia for shows. All the artists are coming every year. The other contries will have their concerts because our economy is in a good moment.

I am Brazilian and I will try to explain what happened.

The coming of Linkin Park to Brazil was disputed by three producers: SWU (the same producer of Maquinária Festival), XYZ and T4F.

The contract with SWU was almost close to being signed when the XYZ offered more money by the coming of the banda. But the T4F offered even more money and signed a contract with the band for shows in October.

What happens: to have spent more money, T4F put the tickets at a very high price.

Another thing: if the SWU would have closed the contract with the band, we would have shows at Maquinária Festival in Chile and Paraguay, as producers of both festivals are very close. The shows wouldn't be in October, but in November. With this, the possibility of shows besides the festivals, as in Argentina and other countries would increase greatly.

It was a surprise announcement of shows in Brazil and only in October. This made the other interested countries, such as Chile and Argentina, were surprised. You can see this by the show in Argentina, which was signed only in late August, while the shows in Brazil were announced in the second week of July.

Edit:

To further complicate the ticket sales, the producer XYZ in August announced the coming of the Evanescence to Brazil exactly on the same dates of Linkin Park. This act was seen as a clear answer to T4F. Look: in São Paulo, we will have shows of Evanescence and Linkin Park on the same day and almost at the same time in different places.

(Sorry by the bad English...)

Perfect!

why only 20.000 ????

i saw at wikipedia that the old venue has 40.000

Well like for example in Asia, LP would put the stage really close to the stands. It wouldn't be like at a typical arena show. It'd be like if they moved the stage halfway across the arena floor or something. Half arena. Except in Asia at one of the shows, forgot which one, it was like 1/5 of the arena was for the crowd LOL, LP played to like the very end of it. Weird! Maybe it's something like that here.