07.09.2012 - Mountain View, CA, Shoreline Amphitheatre

hahninator

Mountain View! Linkin Park, Incubus and MUTEMATH roll into this city that gets quite a few Linkin Park shows on the 7th of September for the 2012 Honda Civic Tour. Being the home of both Linkin Park and Incubus, California has more shows than any other state this tour, with three to end the tour. And that means only three more chances for Brandon to come out on a Linkin Park song or Chester to come out on an Incubus song....

Anyway, the first appearance by LP at Shoreline was on Ozzfest 2001 (show page here) - a good recording of that show was released here in 2009, so check the forums out for that since it's a pretty solid performance. Their next show there was what just about any fan would tell you is one of the best Linkin Park shows out there (if not this one, they'd probably say Rock am Ring 2004) - Mountain View 2004 (show page here), the closing date of Projekt Revolution 2004. The eighth anniversary of that incredible show was actually just a few days ago. Featuring a very rare 'A.06', two takes of 'Wish', 'Sweet Child O' Mine' and incredible versions of many songs, that show is one of the best recordings of the band available online.

The band returned on Projekt Revolution 2007 (show page here), playing 'Hands Held High' for the first time, 'Cure For The Itch' in a newly remixed version (the first performance of the song since 2001), and the 'No More Sorrow' long intro for the first time. Wow! A nice joke by Brad was played on Rob at the Projekt Revolution 2008 stop at this venue (show page here) and most recently the band played this venue last year in June for Live 105's BFD 2011 (show page here).

Even though I used this video for the preshow post last year for BFD 2011, it's still one of my favorite live videos of Chester and it comes from the Projekt Revolution 2007 stop at this venue:

At the last show in Tacoma on the 5th (show page here), the band played US Set C for the first time in seven shows. With LP going from US Set A in Vancouver to US Set C in Tacoma, it will be hard to guess what setlist this show will get. Edmonton's setlist said "US Set B TV" on it, so maybe since Carson's show will be shown on TV, they will get that setlist? Only time will tell!

Is anyone from LPLive going to this show?

One thing to note about this show is that while there was one in 2007, 2008 and 2011 at this venue (three previous shows), there will NOT be a DSP (Digital Souvenir Package) for tonight's show reportedly due to the venue disagreeing with the band on how much money they should get from the sale of each recording. Ouch!

After this show, the band plays in Carson on the 8th and then closes the tour out in Chula Vista on the 10th. Mexico comes after that! For the full 2012 tour schedule including setlists from this tour and future tour dates, click here.

SETLIST: (thanks to Kay and Mycophycophyta)

01. A Place For My Head (Long Intro; Ext. Outro)

02. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

03. New Divide

04. With You (2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro)

05. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro) (Technical difficulties @ start of song)

06. IN MY REMAINS

07. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)

08. Points Of Authority

09. LIES GREED MISERY

10. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' rap; Ext. Outro)

11. Breaking The Habit

12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

13. The Catalyst

14. LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

15. Numb (Outro 'Numb/Encore' lyrics tease (Mike))

16. What I've Done (Album Transition Intro)

17. BURN IT DOWN

18. In The End

19. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys 'Sabotage', Mike Einziger, & Singalong; Ext. Outro)

----------------------------------------------------

20. TINFOIL

21. Faint (Ext. Outro)

22. Lying From You / Papercut (Medley)

23. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

Mike Einziger on 'Bleed It Out' with 'Sabotage' and a singalong bridge - sounds like a great rendition of the song! But unfortunately we aren't getting a DSP from this show....darn.

Still no Brandon/LP or Chester/Incubus collaborations...two shows left!

Got here pretty late. Luckily only missed most of Mutemath. I'll update on the set when LP starts.

Beastie Boys Intro

A Place For my Head

Given Up

New Divide

With You

Somewhere I Belong (w/intro)

In My Remains

VictimizedQwerty

Poa

Sins and lies

Waiting for the end (until it breaks intro)(drum outro)

Breaking the habit

Lotr/sotd/(Piano)

Iridescent

The Catalyst

Lost in the echo (w/intro)

Numb (w/small Encore outro)

What I've done (w/piano intro and crowd nana outro)

Burn it down

In the end

Bleed it out (Sabotage, Mikey Guitar solo, and call and response)

ENCORE

Tinfoil

Faint

With You

Papercut

One Step Closer

Edited by Mycophycophyta

Some corrections :) Great show!

00. No sleep till Brooklyn - Beastie Boys (Song played before set)

01. A Place For My Head Long Intro; Ext. Outro

02. Given Up (Final note)

03. New Divide

04. With You 2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro

05. Somewhere I Belong 2012 Intro (Chester out of the stage in the beginning, technical difficulties)

06. IN MY REMAINS

08. Points Of Authority

09. LIES GREED MISERY

10. Waiting For The End Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' rap; Ext. Outro

11. Breaking The Habit

12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent Ballad Medley

13. The Catalyst

14. LOST IN THE ECHO 2012 Intro

15. Numb Outro 'Numb/Encore' lyrics tease (Mike)

16. What I've Done Album Transition Intro

17. BURN IT DOWN

18. In The End

19. Bleed It Out Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys 'Sabotage'; Ext. Outro (With Mikey)

20. TINFOIL

21. Faint Ext. Outro

22. Lying From You / Papercut Medley

23. One Step Closer Ext. Outro

Some corrections :) Great show!

00. No sleep till Brooklyn - Beastie Boys (Song played before set)

01. A Place For My Head Long Intro; Ext. Outro

02. Given Up (Final note)

03. New Divide

04. With You 2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro

05. Somewhere I Belong 2012 Intro (Chester out of the stage in the beginning, technical difficulties)

06. IN MY REMAINS

08. Points Of Authority

09. LIES GREED MISERY

10. Waiting For The End Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' rap; Ext. Outro

11. Breaking The Habit

12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent Ballad Medley

13. The Catalyst

14. LOST IN THE ECHO 2012 Intro

15. Numb Outro 'Numb/Encore' lyrics tease (Mike)

16. What I've Done Album Transition Intro

17. BURN IT DOWN

18. In The End

19. Bleed It Out Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys 'Sabotage'; Ext. Outro (With Mikey)

20. TINFOIL

21. Faint Ext. Outro

22. Lying From You / Papercut Medley

23. One Step Closer Ext. Outro

Great. Thanks. I did it from my phone, surrounded by people, and I haven't really taken thorough notes on a set before. I'm glad someone else was there who knew what they were doing.

Great. Thanks. I did it from my phone, surrounded by people, and I haven't really taken thorough notes on a set before. I'm glad someone else was there who knew what they were doing.

No worries, thanks for your notes! I think it should be ok now. It was a great show, first time seeing the band live in the US! Great experience :)