Fort Minor - Where'd You Go (Adam Young Remix)

Stranger

There's a post on Tumblr which features the song 'Where'd You Go', remixed by Adam Young (Owl City). Here's what he said about the song...

"Although I do not choose to advocate crude language in the music I personally create under the Owl City moniker as a representation of myself, I am very fond of this song and its message as written brilliantly by Mike Shinoda. While this remix features my production and musical contributions, I did not have any influence over the lyrics. I am merely a great admirer of the original song and I deeply respect how it addresses societal issues regarding certain types of men (military members, professional athletes, touring musicians, and those separated/divorced) and how their lack of existence in the household damages families."

You can listen to the song HERE.

Thoughts?

It's a good take on the song, but there are a couple spots where the instrumental he came up with kind of clashes with the vocals...typically changing the chord progression on a remix without changing the vocal melody doesn't work out too well, and this is no exception.