No European Tour this fall

Pioneer0

Europe just had a tour in May/June. Time for some other countries to get a tour. Not to mention that LP has heavily toured Europe since 2009 compared to other countries. What about Australia, Asia, South America, as well as new places like South Africa? And the band needs a break, too. They also need to start doing more then just one US tour a cycle.

Put it in perspective: Europe has gotten at LEAST one tour every year since 2007. Yeah, it sucks that the UK didn't get any shows this year, but other than that, they've got Europe covered for the time being. I'd rather see them hit up Asia/Australia or something.

Well, we all know that there will be at least 1 European tour on the Living Things touring cycle - so the question is just when. I think we might get lucky around December/January, or maybe around March 2013 if they're pushing it :)

Put it in perspective: Europe has gotten at LEAST one tour every year since 2007. Yeah, it sucks that the UK didn't get any shows this year, but other than that, they've got Europe covered for the time being. I'd rather see them hit up Asia/Australia or something.

Lets face it, the only countries they'll tour in Asia are Russia and the east coast of the continent. However, with the new territory they're covering this year, I'm thinkin there may be a possibility of touring some big countries like India. Probably not though.

Well, we all know that there will be at least 1 European tour on the Living Things touring cycle - so the question is just when. I think we might get lucky around December/January, or maybe around March 2013 if they're pushing it

I don't understand why people don't think the tour they JUST had wasn't a European tour. Sure, it wasn't headlining shows, but some on. We've established that there already was a Euro tour just a MONTH ago. Now you want more?

It happened on one touring cycle. You sound like that would have happened a few times already :-D

The US has not had a real tour since 2008. The 2011 winter tour was cool, but it was short and didn't hit a lot of places that LP usually plays at for the US.

I'm pretty confident that there's going to be another U.S. arena tour in January or so. They're skipping a lot of the big markets they usually play on their U.S. tours on the Honda Civic Tour, so they'll come back around and hit some of the places with arenas in the winter that they didn't cover with the amphitheater tour in the summer.

The US has not had a real tour since 2008. The 2011 winter tour was cool, but it was short and didn't hit a lot of places that LP usually plays at for the US.

Well I could say the same about the recent European tour

Well I could say the same about the recent European tour

But Europe has had a decent tour almost every year. Now the roles are reversed. Europe gets a nice tour while America gets a giid tour. You got US'd, Europe. The last good tour in the US was probably in 2003 (Meteora Tour). Since then, the US tours have been not great but not bad, just good. Edited by Soul

But Europe has had a decent tour almost every year. Now the roles are reversed. Europe gets a nice tour while America gets a giid tour. You got US'd, Europe. The last good tour in the US was probably in 2003 (Meteora Tour). Since then, the US tours have been not great but not bad, just good.

No way man. Meteora Winter Tour 04, PR04, PR07, US Winter Arena Tour 2008, PR08, those were all great.

I don't understand why people don't think the tour they JUST had wasn't a European tour. Sure, it wasn't headlining shows, but some on. We've established that there already was a Euro tour just a MONTH ago. Now you want more?

It's was NOT a tour during the album touring cycle, as it were before Living Things were released! Would you really think that a band like LP would put out an album, and then forget about Europe on their upcoming album touring cycle? I think you're wrong then. The recent tour was indeed a small European festival tour - NOT an album tour! Keep that in mind :)

this is all being discussed in the newswire thread about future tour plans (here)

why do we need two threads for this...?

Sorry I posted a thread with the Europe tour info almost 12 hours before the thread you're linking to came up on LPLive. Lol :)

Sorry I posted a thread with the Europe tour info almost 12 hours before the thread you're linking to came up on LPLive. Lol :)

ahh ok. next time put stuff like this in the "got news?" section, this topic was newsworthy and it's more likely to be seen by mods/staff who can move it to the newswire section if it's there :)

anyway, discussion of this can move to the newswire thread here

so this thread is *closed*