"I'll be Gone" the next single?

Coizu

rollingstone.com just released an article about living things: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lin...-album-20120620

Living Things, which was co-produced by Rick Rubin and Shinoda and is due out on June 26th, couples its introspection with broader interests; the band made a video art installation for the LP's first single, "I'll Be Gone," that dabbles in astronomy. "The visuals for 'I'll Be Gone' stuck out to me because that song is a relationship-based song, but it's also got a second read of a space theme," Shinoda says. "A lot of the songs have metaphors, and one of the metaphors in that song is space. [The visual artists] picked up on that language and turned it into this weird, intergalactic space travel thing."

I think I'LL BE GONE is definitely a good choice for the next single. It has simple, catchy lyrics and a radio structure that's sure to work. Not my favorite song on the album by any means, but I think it would be popular as a single. I didn't think the song was really about a relationship though, I viewed it as more like someone being away from their family for periods of time.

The sticker on LT that says "features BURN IT DOWN, LOST IN THE ECHO AND CASTLE OF GLASS" make it sound like those will be the 3 big singles from this CD, with probably 1-2 others released in Europe/worldwide like POWERLESS or something. So this is interesting....

It doesn't surprise me thats this was going to be a single. It's very radio friendly, catchy and will hopefully chart well.

I'm also stoked that COG and LITE were featured on the sticker for the album cover. It almost assures that those two are going to be singles, which I am very excited for.

The sticker on LT that says "features BURN IT DOWN, LOST IN THE ECHO AND CASTLE OF GLASS" make it sound like those will be the 3 big singles from this CD, with probably 1-2 others released in Europe/worldwide like POWERLESS or something. So this is interesting....

I can definitely see those 3 being singles. My suspicion was that Castle of Glass would be single #2, but maybe it'll be LITE.

Like i said:

BID/POWERLESS/LITE/IBG/COG

BID: we already know lol

Powerless: Only because the Abe Hunter Vampire thingy movie came out & they have a live shot video with scenes from the movie that have been around the .net for almost a month now.

Lost In The Echo: Its been getting air play on the radio & on ESPN alot, plus it seems perfect for the summer.

I'll Be Gone aka What Ive Done Pt.3 (since Burning In The Skies is Pt.2): Seems perfect towards the end of the year & i think it was the same single number as WID, Correct me if im wrong.

Castle Of Glass: Just a beautifull end to the Touring Cycle & Album Hype etc etc.

"LP's first single, "I'll Be Gone," that dabbles in astronomy"

To me that says that they were talking of burn it down...

...any ways, eh I guess it can be a good single, nothing really that stands out for the song.

I personally think that In My Remains would of been a better choice rather than this one.

"LP's first single, "I'll Be Gone," that dabbles in astronomy"

To me that says that they were talking of burn it down...

...any ways, eh I guess it can be a good single, nothing really that stands out for the song.

I personally think that In My Remains would of been a better choice rather than this one.

I'm pretty sure they meant Burn It Down

I thought that entire article was worded rather awkwardly, which leads me to think it could just be a miscommunication. I really hope the following become singles:

POWERLESS

LOST IN THE ECHO

CASTLE OF GLASS

IN MY REMAINS

Happy to sub IN MY REMAINS for I'LL BE GONE in my list of preferences mind you.

Those first three HAVE to be singles though! :)

Edited by Narc85

I'll Be Gone aka What Ive Done Pt.3 (since Burning In The Skies is Pt.2): Seems perfect towards the end of the year & i think it was the same single number as WID, Correct me if im wrong.

What I've Done was MTM's first single, not fourth...unless I misunderstand what you're saying.

I don't know if they'll make Powerless an official single since it is already getting promotion through AL:VH.

But I definitely think CoG deserves single treatment.

I think I'd be okay with that if the video was more of an actual music video rather than the music trailer that it is. Plus, it came out of nowhere, with less than a week until the movie opened theatrically, so I feel like the opportunity for it to do any good/get any attention has already gone :( Would be a shame if that's the only exposure this song gets to the masses, as I know it would be tremendously popular.

Out of my circle of friends who like LP, POWERLESS is the favourite song from the album for most of them.

Edited by Narc85

I certainly hope so I love that one!! I always get a big Julien-K vibe when I hear this, it sounds very We're Here With You era Julien-K. Certainly won't complain if this is a single, even if it's one of the more pop rock songs on the record! It feels like it's gonna be difficult to pick singles for this record, cause almost of all of them are radio friendly songs. Choosing I'll Be Gone would probably be a What I've Done route which they've done like 4 times already. Lost In The Echo represents the older Linkin Park, and while the record does have elements of Hybrid Theory, I find it difficult to believe that it can be a major single. Castle of Glass is the Breaking The Habit of Living Things, one of my favorites on the record, and absolutely single potential. It'll be a risk, but it'll either be a major success or a flop. Powerless is already sort of a promo single for Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter, but if they need another Iridescent for their live shows, then Powerless is the way to go for a single. Just my 2 cents :) Oh and one more thing, I totally think they should have released Lies Greed Misery as a single, it's fun, catchy, killer rap section, and an overall party song!

Edited by Stone44

This and this is all what we have to know about the next singles! :)

Edited by Sessin

We discussed this on LPA and think it is just a mistake by rolling stone. Why would they say first single? it sounds likes their talking about BID but wrote wrong song title. the sticker on ATS had the right singles on it so I assume LITE and CoG will be next singles

And that’s why we’re super excited to announce that this Friday, Myspace will be exclusively livestreaming Linkin Park’s concert at the X Games from LA’s Club Nokia. Tune in starting at 11 pm PST to catch Mike Shinoda, Chester Bennington and co. ripping through cuts from their brand-new album, Living Things, which features the new singles “I’ll Be Gone” and “Burn It Down.” Check out our teaser video below to get you ready for the live stream. And the best part? You can watch the concert from your computer, iPhone/smartphone or iPad. So even if you’re doing your thing around town you can still check out this killer concert.

http://www.myspace.com/whats-hot/2012/6/25...rom-the-x-games