Remo + Rob Bourdon

hahninator

Here's a video recently uploaded on YouTube by Remo Percussion that features an interview with Rob and live footage of him drumming on 'Papercut' from the last show of the North American tour for A Thousand Suns in Houston (show page here).

The interview seems old because he says "we recently put out a DVD called "Live At Milton Keynes"" so I guess that part is from several years ago but obviously the 'Papercut' video is from last March.

Enjoy!

As a percussion major, I can safely say that Remo heads are the shit. I'll swear by the Ambassador series any day of the week.

EDIT -- I still dislike Rob's technique. He flails around and has absolutely no prep stroke, and it pisses me off. Guy's going to ruin his elbows doing that shit.

Edited by Reflectionist

As a percussion major, I can safely say that Remo heads are the shit. I'll swear by the Ambassador series any day of the week.

EDIT -- I still dislike Rob's technique. He flails around and has absolutely no prep stroke, and it pisses me off. Guy's going to ruin his elbows doing that shit.

Ambassadors are good, I think I like the Emperor series a little bit more though. I've always liked multi-ply heads a bit more, I don't know if it's just because I hit hard and like the added durability or what.

Judging from the interview, it seems like he was never professionally trained at any point in his career, so that's probably to be expected.