More "Living Things" Track Descriptions!

hahninator

You took the words right out of my mouth :D

Meteora was terrible. The reason I didn't like it was simply because of the demos we got in the past three LPU Cd's. They made me realize how much better it could have been. Instead we got a carbon-copy of Hybrid Theory.

Meteora was terrible. The reason I didn't like it was simply because of the demos we got in the past three LPU Cd's. They made me realize how much better it could have been. Instead we got a carbon-copy of Hybrid Theory.

Marry me.

If you can't see the experimentation on Meteora that started leading them away from their Hybrid Theory sound, you fail. Easier to Run, Nobody's Listening, Breaking The Habit, etc. In interviews they said Meteora was the first step they took to getting out of the nu-metal sound. Yeah a good number of songs on that CD sound like that but it's not even close to a carbon-copy of Hybrid Theory and I don't see how you could argue that.

If you can't see the experimentation on Meteora that started leading them away from their Hybrid Theory sound, you fail. Easier to Run, Nobody's Listening, Breaking The Habit, etc. In interviews they said Meteora was the first step they took to getting out of the nu-metal sound. Yeah a good number of songs on that CD sound like that but it's not even close to a carbon-copy of Hybrid Theory and I don't see how you could argue that.

Easier to Run=Crawling

Don't Stay=One Step Closer

Somewhere I Belong=In the End

Numb=Pushing Me Away

^Just to start with.

Not to mention nearly every song following the same reeeally specific formula of:

-approximately 10-12 seconds of catchy soft instrumental

-approximately 10-12 seconds of heavy guitars

-first verse either being rapped or sung softly over the catchy instrumental

-heavy chorus delivered by Chester

-second verse exactly like first verse

-heavy chorus exactly like first chorus

-standard Linkin Park bridge around 2:00 into the song

-and then a final chorus. Maybe they might really push the boundaries with a double chorus here :rolleyes:

The only somewhat different songs on there are, as you said, BTH and NL, but even those follow that formula almost exactly. Obviously, Meteora isn't a carbon-copy per se, but if you can't see that it was obviously their least creative output and was extremely similar to Hybrid Theory, you fail. Hence why the band has even referred to it as Hybrid Theory II.

Edited by avo17

Guest Ammosick

HT and Meteora do have similar properties, but the real change came with MTM and ATS, you cannot compare any song on those two albums with prior stuff at all. Everyone knows the real change in LP came during the making of MTM.

I hate when people pull those three songs out of an eleven song album and try to say that this album was creative. "well 27 percent of the album was like uhh creative!"

I hate when people pull those three songs out of an eleven song album and try to say that this album was creative. "well 27 percent of the album was like uhh creative!"

Exactly. On MtM and A Thousand Suns, I can't find one pair of songs that sound alike on each respective album. Anyone who says that Meteora is a creative album is either ignorant, misinformed, or living in denial.