Which songs will have a Blackout?

JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

Once again we have a new album, a new tour coming pretty soon, and so new setlists!!!

they have to open space for the new songs, so they have to kick out like... 4 or 5?

my guesses are:

*From The Inside: i'ts been played at every tour, so it's very old

*SIB: ..........MEH........

*Shadow of the Day: Chester talked about more energetic shows, so...

*Given Up: I wont miss it

*Lying From You: god!! how the hell this song has survived so many years?

*Papercut: it's too old... but i love it

And of course, all the interludes

and i also believe that OSC will have a hiatus, i hope that this doesnt happens it's one of their best songs...

so what do you think?

No More Sorrow is likely to be dropped now, I reckon.

I doubt One Step will go, it's like their signature song live and always picks the crowd up.

I think the most important question is what will remain from ATS. I think The Catalyst and Waiting for the End are the only surefire ones, and Iridescent is likely, but aside from that it's difficult to say. Hopefully Blackout will appear from time to time.

Hopefully they do not cut One Step Closer and Faint. Those two songs are just crazy live!

I think they will keep a few songs from ATS, likely The Catalyst, Waiting For The End and maybe Iridescent since it is the Transformers single, like New Divide :)

My Predictions:

One Step Closer, Crawling, In The End, Faint, Breaking The Habit, Numb, What I've Done, Given Up, Bleed It Out, The Catalyst, Waiting For The End, and Iridescent will all staying.

Papercut and Lying From You will probably rotate in and out of setlists like they have done over the last few years. Tracks like Leave Out All The Rest will probably do the same.

No More Sorrow, When They Come For Me, Shadow Of The Day will all probably be removed in favor of the aggressive and slower tunes from the new album. However, they may rotate in out as well.

Burning In The Skies, Blackout, Wretches And Kings, and The Messenger will most likely get dropped permanently.

New Divide may stick around, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's dropped as well.

My predictions are:

HT: One Step Closer, In The End, Crawling (rotated) Papercut (rotated or cut)

Meteora: Faint, Numb, Breaking the Habit (rotated) From the Inside (cut) SIB (not making a reappearance) Lying From You(cut or rotated)

MTM: What I've Done, Bleed it Out, Given Up, Shadow of the day (rotated), No More Sorrow (cut) LOATR(cut)

ATS: The Catalyst, Waiting For The End, Iridescent (rotated) WTCFM(rotated) (everything else cut)

I don't really like 'Numb' too much live but I LOVE 'The Radiance' so I hope they keep it.

Jornada has to stay!!

Drop 'Crawling'

Meh they can drop WFTE too! and maybe 'Given Up'

Add some new songs, bring back TLTGYA and that's that! :P

I despise Numb with a passion, but its one of their biggest hits, so I highly doubt they are going to drop it anytime soon.

And what would be the point of playing Jornada if they drop WFTE? :lol:

I despise Numb with a passion, but its one of their biggest hits, so I highly doubt they are going to drop it anytime soon.

And what would be the point of playing Jornada if they drop WFTE? :lol:

Lol I listen to Jornada all the time without WFTE. In fact, I have a 50 minute playlist of different live versions from the last tour. Just a personal thing ;) but I see where you're coming from.

I'd love to see Hands Held High played again one day but that's just a dream.

I think they will drop...

From The Inside

Lying From You

Breaking The Habit

Shadow Of The Day

No More Sorrow

Given Up (Possibly)

Burning In The Skies

Other songs that are played on occasion (some ATS tracks) probably won't make a return.

Lol I listen to Jornada all the time without WFTE. In fact, I have a 50 minute playlist of different live versions from the last tour. Just a personal thing ;) but I see where you're coming from.

I'd love to see Hands Held High played again one day but that's just a dream.

You weren't joking about that? That's crazy sir.

Anyway, the huge singles (OSC, ITE, probably Faint, probably Numb, maybe BTH, WID, BIO, Catalyst, and probably Iridescent and WFTE) will most likely stay or be rotated (I think OSC, ITE, and BIO will be at every show).

Most of the ATS material, like the albums before it, is going to be cut, especially the interludes. Songs like Wretches and Kings, When They Come for Me, and Blackout will probably be rotated in the sets. Five albums in with the set length that LP is comfortable with, combined with the commercial nature of the band, means we'll be getting just a Greatest Hits of the first four albums. I'm thinking MTM is gonna take the bigger hit of the two more recent studio albums, considering a lot of the songs on the album are really ballady and wouldn't mesh will with the purported sound of the new album.

A more general question, do you think they will expand their setlists to about 30 songs or stay with 20-25?

That's a tough one. It honestly depends on the songs that they are going to be playing.

If they have more that feature Mike as the lead, I think they could pull it off without wearing Chester out.

i can't see SIB or FTI go, they're big sing-along tracks.

from ATS, i see WTCFM and wretches going. they've already been dropping wretches, which sucks - love that song...

Maybe they'll bring SIB back, rotate it in with FTI, they cannot drop FTI though that's one of my all time FAV LP songs I would cry. Here's my prediction

Hybrid Theory- ITE, OSC, Crawling, Papercut (not at every show), APFMH or another old song for a super special occasion.

Meteora- Breaking the Habit, Faint, FTI / SIB (rotate the two), LFY

M2M- WID, BIO, Given Up / NMS (rotate the two

ATS- Catalyst, Jornada and WTFE, Iridescent, BITS, Blackout / Wretches & Kings (rotate the two)

A more general question, do you think they will expand their setlists to about 30 songs or stay with 20-25?

i highly doubt it. the set's already pretty long at an hour and a half. I actually find myself getting bored of bands who are on for more than an hour - "yeah great thanks, hurry up I'm tired now..."

oh and don't quote "Green Day" here people - they're a whole different kettle of fish...

@Ginger - haha true, bitching at the band on a forum is pretty useless :lol:

i think bits has some chance to get rotated here and there, just like LOATR in ATS tour. but yeah, probably the messenger, W&K and blackout will pass out.

also I think new divide won't be dropped. it was a kinda mainstream song and had good reception, so in the worst case it just be rotated.

i highly doubt it. the set's already pretty long at an hour and a half. I actually find myself getting bored of bands who are on for more than an hour - "yeah great thanks, hurry up I'm tired now..."

oh and don't quote "Green Day" here people - they're a whole different kettle of fish...

@Ginger - haha true, bitching at the band on a forum is pretty useless :lol:

What about Cornell when he was promoting Scream? His sets were pretty damn long and fantastic!

What about Cornell when he was promoting Scream? His sets were pretty damn long and fantastic!

Does not compute.

I get where she's coming from. It's the mark of a truly great live band that can capture the audience's attention for 2 hours, and there aren't many that can do that.

Cue mass arguments about who those bands may be...

I'd absolutely love to see longer sets. 90 minutes is absolutely not enough for me. Then again, I'm used to seeing live acts like Rush and Bruce Springsteen, so...

I think if Mike took the lead more vocally in shows, to give Chester a break, they could totally pull off a two-hour set. It seems like the tours are going to be shorter from here on out anyway.