Which songs will have a Blackout?

JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

I personally like short and sweet sets. I think the next tour should have like 21 songs, that's a good number, but totally different. Pooch said the sets will be drastically different for this world tour. I'm expecting something like this for the summer tour at least, in no particular order

OSC

Papercut

Crawling

In The End

Breaking The Habit

Faint

Numb

Given Up

Bleed It Out

What I've Done

No More Sorrow (Became somewhat of a staple for live shows)

New Divide

When They Come For Me

Waiting For The End

Iridescent

The Catalyst

Burn It Down

Shadow Of The Day

Wretches And Kings

Blackout

BITS

I'd absolutely love to see longer sets. 90 minutes is absolutely not enough for me. Then again, I'm used to seeing live acts like Rush and Bruce Springsteen, so...

I think if Mike took the lead more vocally in shows, to give Chester a break, they could totally pull off a two-hour set. It seems like the tours are going to be shorter from here on out anyway.

+1. I definitely want longer sets. Once this album comes out, the band will have more "must play" songs. Hopefully setlists will be longer than before and some songs are still rotated in.

what annoys me is they finally come to Washington when I want to see them, It's a September date and i will be off to college in a different state (most likely Arizona) by then :(

time to road trip somewhere!

Some of you do need to realize that SIB wasn't played at all on tour in support of ATS... IT was already dropped, so there is the theory of popular songs not getting dropped flying out the window right there. And W&Ks was dropped mid tour as well and wasn't played again... Geez, this is almost as annoying as hearing "Well, Chester can't sing for more than 90 minutes or his voice will die" Honestly, do you people pull this crap out of your asses?

For real, I can see No More Sorrow getting dropped. It's a boring song that was never a single of any kind. I'd also be shocked to see Papercut survive, seeing as how it almost got dropped back on the MTM tour. From The Inside is in the same boat as Papercut. Almost all of the ATS songs will probably be gone unfortunately, with a few exceptions... Namely the singles. I pray that Given Up will be dropped but I don't think I'm lucky enough for that.

The only sure thing about the next tour is that Numb will be boring me for another year or so on the DSPs.

Some of you do need to realize that SIB wasn't played at all on tour in support of ATS... IT was already dropped, so there is the theory of popular songs not getting dropped flying out the window right there. And W&Ks was dropped mid tour as well and wasn't played again... Geez, this is almost as annoying as hearing "Well, Chester can't sing for more than 90 minutes or his voice will die" Honestly, do you people pull this crap out of your asses?

right ok then, one popular song getting dropped on the ATS tour. yet OSC, Crawling, ITE, Faint, BTH, Numb, What I've Done, Bleed It Out - all singles/popular songs remain. theory upheld yet?

and the whole thing about chester singing with full force, at the top of his lungs pretty much every other night for over 90 minutes on a say... 30 date tour? you ever tried doing that? it's difficult, your voice won't die - i think you're exaggerating what people have been saying about this - but your voice can be pushed too far, leading it to "wear out" or succumb to illness. your throat has a lining that has to be maintained with fluid and if you keep flinging that out of yourself (the amount of spit in microphones after a gig is. so. disgusting!) you'll just wreck your voice for a few days, and for a touring artist that would wreak havoc with your band's plans.

For real, I can see No More Sorrow getting dropped. It's a boring song that was never a single of any kind. I'd also be shocked

"No More Sorrow" and "boring" should never fall in the same sentence. I could see someone getting tired of the studio version, but the live one? Fuck no.

Anyways I posted this under the same titled thread on LPA, but considering there's more conversation about Live performance here, I'll post the same thing:

First off Crawling can GTFO. It's been cringeworthy to listen to for far too long now.

Shadow of the Day and Leave Out All the Rest have been outdone live by the far superior Iridescent and Burning in the Skies

Lying from You and From the Inside can be rotated

Same goes for Blackout and Wretches and Kings (Why the fuck did they take that song off?)

Breaking the Habit can also rotate with Numb (the latter for all the whiny little teenyboppers)

That alone leaves 4-5 empty spots on the average setlist they play. Plenty of room for the upcoming album. And I do believe they will drop most of the ATS interludes and possibly replace them with shorter intros, which opens up more time and spots for new songs.

Sorry we don't all follow the setlists obsessively like you. Chill the fuck out.

• 11 months later...

Old thread, but with a new album most likely coming out in 2014, we should prepare to see some songs being dropped.

The songs I think are safe are Papercut, One Step Closer, Points of Authority, A Place For My Head, In The End, Somewhere I Belong, Lying From You, Faint, Breaking The Habit, Numb, Given Up, Bleed it Out, What I've Done, Waiting For The End, The Catalyst, LOST IN THE ECHO, LIES GREED MISERY, BURN IT DOWN, and CASTLE OF GLASS.

IN MY REMAINS was already dropped, and I can't see the Ballad Medley surviving. It seems like it will share the same fate as the Hip Hop Medley. With You will also probably be dropped, just like Runaway was back in mid-2012.

Edited by Castle of Glass

All songs that are not singles from the albums will be dropped. Some singles will also be dropped. I can only see Given Up, Bleed It Out and What I've Done surviving from MTM. The Catalyst and Waiting For The End only from ATS. Papercut, One Step Closer, A Place For My Head and In The End from Hybrid Theory. Faint, Breaking The Habit and Numb from Meteora, and also New Divide. Other than that I think everything else will be dropped. As far as Living Things songs go, I think Lost In The Echo, Burn It Down and Castle Of Glass will survive and that's it. I can't see In My Remains, Lies Greed Misery, Victimized/Qwerty or Tinfoil staying after this summer.

A funny side note about people that want longer sets than 90 minutes. Back in 2000 their sets were only 30 minutes or even less sometimes and they played most of the songs they had at the time. For their first headline tour in 2001, the Street Soldier tour, they had to play 60 minutes headline sets all the sudden, I remember an interview from that period where they said it was extremely exhausting for them to play longer sets because they used to burn up all their energy within 30 minutes. We all know that the entire HT album is like only 40 minutes long, they had to cheat a lot to do longer sets. They had no other choice to play stuff like And One, Step Up and High Voltage etc. The Street Soldier tour had also lots of interludes between the songs, probably to waste time.

These days they play very solid 90 to even 100 minutes sets. That's totally fine with me, I mean were are all not getting younger. You wait before the show, then you have to wait through the opening band(s).

They'll never play longer shows. Bands that play longer than 90 minutes are rather an exception than the standard.

I agree with pretty much everything you've predicted here, I reckon only the singles will stay, although I can see SIB, LFY staying, maybe they'll keep with You somewhere too. but I reckon that'll be it in terms of the set.

it remains to be seen whether or not the next album will have as few tracks from it played live as Living Things did...

[...] they said it was extremely exhausting for them to play longer sets because they used to burn up all their energy within 30 minutes. [...] These days they play very solid 90 to even 100 minutes sets. That's totally fine with me, I mean were are all not getting younger. You wait before the show, then you have to wait through the opening band(s).

when I'm seeing a band live, I find that I too burn up most of my energy in the first 30 mins, and in all honesty, I do start to get bored if the band has been onstage past the hour mark. like you said, I often turn up to see support bands and by the time the headline act come on, I'm always tired!

I genuinely don't want to see bands that do stupidly long sets because no matter how much I might be a fan of the band, I would always get bored and feel like they had outstayed their welcome.

I agree with pretty much everything you've predicted here, I reckon only the singles will stay, although I can see SIB, LFY staying, maybe they'll keep with You somewhere too. but I reckon that'll be it in terms of the set.

it remains to be seen whether or not the next album will have as few tracks from it played live as Living Things did...

when I'm seeing a band live, I find that I too burn up most of my energy in the first 30 mins, and in all honesty, I do start to get bored if the band has been onstage past the hour mark. like you said, I often turn up to see support bands and by the time the headline act come on, I'm always tired!

I genuinely don't want to see bands that do stupidly long sets because no matter how much I might be a fan of the band, I would always get bored and feel like they had outstayed their welcome.

I can see maybe SIB staying because it was the first single from Meteora and it was pretty successful. I'm not sure about Lying From You because it was dropped in the past, plus then it was used in a medley. With You I can't really see staying because it was never a big single (apparently it was a single) and also because with a new album, they will need to make even more new room for new songs.

I also agree with you about the 30 min thing. I would never want to sit through a band live past an hour and a half unless it was live a big farewell tour or something. I get bored a lot halfway through LP sets to be honest. I liked when LP sets were only 18 songs like in 2006 and 2009.

Edited by Geki

I can see maybe SIB staying because it was the first single from Meteora and it was pretty successful. I'm not sure about Lying From You because it was dropped in the past

They dropped SIB for the entire ATS Tour, but brought LFY back. Though I do agree it seems they're not gonna drop it again, seeing as it is the lead single of Meteora.