band/crowd interaction

lgr

Even if it's already annoying to some people here, I have to say again that it's very weak how they miss the crowd talk nowadays.

My first show in Berlin 2008 was just freaking mindblowing. I mean, LP came out, played down their (fucking awesome) set and you could REALLY see that they were amazed and motivated by the crowd. They talked shitloads at this show and not just general sentences like "You're awesome" and so on. This concert will ALWAYS stay in my mind and that is because of the freaking awesome atmosphere and the mood that LP put on. In 2009, 2010 and 2011 that has really changed. IF they are saying something, it's just like "Thank you guys for coming", "You were awesome tonight" and all this general shit. I'm not saying that their concerts are weak or that they don't really want to play but if you leave the venue you don't have this "OMFG that was the best show of my life" feeling that a 2007/8 show gives you.

Watch Corey Taylor of Slipknot perform, he talks really really much at every show and every speech is just out of his mind. Sure, every second word he says is "fucking" but in my opinion that makes the crowd even go more rage. He got his own strategy to get the crowd fucking pumped, if he thinks they are not loud enough he is like "I SAID ARE YOU FUCKING READY?" and then everybody is fucking freaking out. Watch a Slipknot show and you will know what I mean.

I can agree with everybody. I was at a Foo Fighters Concert in Cologne and they blew me away like LP never did before. That is not a fair comparsion because the Foo's are still rock , they feel that energy of rock, in their blood flows "the real rock". Dave said keep in mind the real rock, I like his sight about the music because it is still true. When I see on Linkin Park on stage I gotta feeling like "where is their engery", "why they don't entertain us, why are they so bored". I get the thought they haven't fun in their own music. After Minutes to Midnight came out they were full of energy, they becoming bigger and for now they played headline slots of the biggest festivals in the world. Brad say in a German "MTV Masters" Interview that they are happy to headline the big german festivals Rock Im Park and Rock am Ring, he said also that he want what he can on the guitar and he did. The No more sorrow intro, and the Faint outro was his idea and today he will be play less guitar ? I can't believe this, I can't believe that he play with fun. The last where I see brad really fun was in 2007, in and after 2008 Linkin Park changed their Live presence, but they played different sets. I think LP really don't care about of Live presence with interacting anymore, that's sad.

to be honest, no.

the james voice maybe sucked with the time, but today i have to say that no one band is like metallica live.

srsly?

they played 'Call of Kthulu' at Sonisphere '11 - somone needs to tell tham that an 8-minute instrumental is NOT SUITABLE for a festival.

i do like them live and "One" made me cry this year, but they're not withouht massive flaws

srsly?

they played 'Call of Kthulu' at Sonisphere '11 - somone needs to tell tham that an 8-minute instrumental is NOT SUITABLE for a festival.

i do like them live and "One" made me cry this year, but they're not withouht massive flaws

It's fuckin Metallica, who the hell cares if they play a mega super rare instrumental at a festival? It's Metallica fans there, they love it lol.

LOL Corey Taylor and Dave Grohl are 2 of the best frontmen in rock music. Corey really runs the show. His banter before Get Inside is epic - LET ME ALL HEAR YOU YELL MOTHERFUCKER.

Watch Corey Taylor of Slipknot perform, he talks really really much at every show and every speech is just out of his mind. Sure, every second word he says is "fucking" but in my opinion that makes the crowd even go more rage. He got his own strategy to get the crowd fucking pumped, if he thinks they are not loud enough he is like "I SAID ARE YOU FUCKING READY?" and then everybody is fucking freaking out. Watch a Slipknot show and you will know what I mean.

Dude... all he freaking says before every song is "This song is called... (Insert name of song here)"