Most Energic,Powerful Performance

richardro

Which u think its the most energic,powerful show that u ever saw from LP in the old/new days ;D

Need : Link with video,little info,ur personal think/conclusion about the show

Mine would be Live in Texas [2003]

Great crowd,great voice coming from Chester/rap from Mike.Great energy.One of the best shows.

Damn .. this is a very difficult decision.

First .. I can't call a performance "the one and only best show" but I got favourites.

To the show in Texas .. I like it. Even though everything was meticulous edited and fixed, it still sounds great. And I don't think, that the whole sound is far away from that, what it really sounded like. Sure, they fixed wrong keys and notes but I still think this one is awesome.

The only thing I really hate is, that the crowd seems to be completely muted all over the songs (except of the parts were the band wanted them to sing).

So .. my favourite show .. hmm .. I like Rock Am Ring 2004 very much. It's a strong performance, awesome setlist and the crowd is totally crazy. I just don't like the audio quality of the sources and the sound of Chester's voice seems to be a little bit .. mono ^^ Don't know how to describe, but this would fit very good.

And before I forget .. Wish is crazy here. Chester scream so hard, it's like a punch in the face.

I guess, if there was a proshot of the whole Rock Am Ring 2007 show, this would be my favourite one. Chester pushes so much energy in every song. Faint is just the fucked up awesomeness. The outro is the proof for LP's and Chester's quality.

The crowd isn't that rowdy but they still are better than the Madison Square Garden suckers.

The only thing I don't like is the censoring-shit .. it ruins Given Up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ0fUm_eUPM

There's another performance .. Mountain View 2004.

I got the AUD audio source. This show is so awesome .. they killed it right there. Chester sounds amazing, the setlist is great and the Figure.09 into From The Inside thing is crazy. I like it more than Camden, because he pushes more energy and feelings in it (sounds more intense). And the end with the reanimated OSC with Jonathan Davis is also a highlight.

And if you believe it or not .. I got another one, very close to be my favourite show. It's Berlin 2001. They did The Morning After in acoustic there, Chester makes some announcements about the 9/11 tragedy and they rock the crowd with an awesome performance. They seem to have so much fun .. Unfortunately more than today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn_Hewnpo6k

Docklands 2001 was also great .. With You of this show is fucking insane. The intro scream gives me the creeps. Chester is so much in this .. even High Voltage sounds hardcore to me.

The point is .. the crowd is great, the sound is great .. almost a perfect show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umRvecJIvgA...feature=related

And .. sorry, but I got another one .. I can't decide *feel ashamed smiley*

.. New York, 2001. The And One crowd surfing is awesome, Chester almost vomits on the stage and stillt hits every key and I like them jumping around and kicking the crowds ass. They sound so raw on this on, I like that too.

My last one here .. Jones Beach Theatre 2001. Chester walking trough the crowd and shaking hands while screaming the By Myself intro is the pure awesomeness (again xD). They are so wild on this one and it also sounds raw. Even though it exists only a snippet of the show, I like it very much, just because of their "show" in it's real meaning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwVhyXYE8-E

EDIT: I like every show were Chester has got the red mohican :D

So .. that's my opinion here.

I could name almost every show here, but I won't :P

Edited by Jats

Haha the last video its from my channel.

Anyways i like ur shows a lot

I like the rar 07 a lot. Faint was sick! the screams at end were pure awesome!

the rar 04 is one of the best shows ever ( i saw on The Top Tens)

Docklands is a classic. I love when they sing A place for my head. i got the audio.

The berlin 2001 show is sick! even tho theres no longer video.

The new york 2001 show is great! the quality is decent for a cam filmed. i love Mike's jump on crowd

The berlin 2001 show is sick! even tho theres no longer video.

Yes, but I'm glad to have an average AUD audio recording :D

I almost forgot about LP's Summer Sonic Shows in 2006. They were so sick .. Chester was full of energy then and I liked to hear QWERTY live with all the other rare/old stuff. The setlist is awesome. Very nice for a festival DSP this year .. unfortunately they didn't bring back some old shit.

And before I forget it .. the most awesomest From The Inside performance.

Edited by Jats

My top choice would have to be Mountain View 2004. Chester's screams have never sounded better than at that concert. Just un-humanlike. Too bad the audio that we have isn't the greatest quality.

Based on songs, I'd have to say Auburn 2007 for Faint alone is legendary. RaR 2007 is a close 2nd.

London '08 has A Place for My Head and that insanely epic scream before the bridge. Not to mention Brad's chilling intro to the song.

And of course, there's always Summer Sonic 06's godly renditions of QWERTY. Mmm mmm good.

Personally, I would actually say that Chester's voice was at it's all time best in 2006-early 2008. His voice then started sucking really bad on PR08, but I think that's because they did massive touring for MTM. I still think Chester's voice sucks in 2010-2011 live pretty much, occasionally it is good, like on Rolling In The Deep from London for example.

Anyways, Chester was at his best 2006-early 2008.

Chester's voice really change in the past years. Now he sound more melodic in his voice but the screams not so good anymore, but of course he screamed a lot over the past years and he is getting older and older. I think his voice is better now in some cases but his screams in the past are legendary, so much energetic. I don't know, if he can beat for example a "And one" performance from the past when LP does play it on a future show.

Edited by Exzero

Even though it's off the topic I wanna discuss this :D

I don't think, Chester's scream went less energetic. For example, check out Bleed It Out, Given Up or No More Sorrow. IMO Chester kicks ass with every performance of those songs. I more think, he's got more problems to NOT run out of breath. Maybe sounds weird but I guess you know what I mean.

Look at the Given Up bridge, 17 seconds scream. He just did this in a few 2008 shows and at the Third Encore Sessions. However, this song is very difficult to sing and even though his scream went a little bit numb (what an irony), I think it's still good, but he just screams shorter. For example, earlier he did a longer scream in the bridge but now he stops earlier.

But now look at A Place For My Head, Bleed It Out, or Faint. The bridges/screaming parts (except the Faint chorus) mostly are 'long screamed' and very powerful. Even when they do the Bleed It Out /w A Place For My Head-thing Chester doesn't suck after the bridge in hitting the keys of the last verse or maybe the sing-along bridge. A Place For My Head still is awesome to hear and he sings it loud and clear. Scream sounds a little bit different here but don't recognize any bad differents in comparison to 2004 performances.

As I already said - Faint is a very problematic song for me, because sometimes Chester doesn't really hit the keys. But he still screams a good bridge. Even though he doesn't hold on as long as he did back in time, I like it. And Faint is a good example for LP's 'improvisation'. They often let the crowd sing parts of difficult bridges like in Faint, Lying From You, No More Sorrow or In The End.

What I relly like is the fact that Chester can sing songs like The Catalyst, Iridescent or When They Come For Me without any noticeable problems. I mean .. Iridescent live in Moscow was great, he hit the keys, you could feel it and I like the last key, he hold very long.

The Catalyst is more difficult to sing than some people think, similar to Crawling. But IMO Chester hasn't really suck on this one and sometimes he does an 'exclusive scream' during Mr. Hahns scratching in the bridge, thats great :)

There are still a lot of songs they still do great, like New Divide, Papercut, Points Of Authority (often), One Step Closer (even though the old performances were miles better, but it's nohting about Chester's voice), Pushing Me Away (Piano Version), Hands Held High, Bleed It Out (as I already said) and What I've Done.

But unfortunately, he sounds weird sometimes. You can hear it in songs like Numb, In The End, Waiting For The End, Crawling and Breaking The Habit very much. Sometimes he seems to muble (don't get me wrong, don't know how to describe it) the words in Waiting For The End (specially 'All I wanna do ..'). It sounds weird to me and I always get sad about it because he doesn't hit the keys then and instead of, this sounds like a way to 'fix it'.

Numb and In The End just went numb. He doesn't sing loud and clear no more. iTunes Festival 2011 is a good example for this. And sorry, but .. Crawling was a no-go song during 2008. I heard one DSP where Chester really sounded like he was sick. No hit key and that didn't make me feel it. Nowadays it's average and I think you can listen to it, but sometimes it's hard to.

I guess you know what I'm pointing at and I don't say or think, Chester ain't still got it, but -as you already said- his voice and so his performance has changed.

Of course nobody can do anything against getting older and 'powerless' but sometimes I'd more like it if they just drop songs Chester can't sing no more from the setlist and maybe bring some other stuff. Even though it might never happen, I'm very sure Chester can sing Pretend To Be, What We Don't Know and acoustic stuff better than some songs I was just talking about.

I don't wanna tell them how to make their job .. it's just a hint or maybe a wish how to change their shows.

I think, I still forgot many things I wanna talk about but that's enough for now.

And don't wonder why I'm just pointing at Chester .. I think he's the only one who really has lost performance.

Edited by Jats

nice said jats! im impressed

i wish i could see LP singing Forgotten again.

99.9% chance that will never happen. Sorry, but I can't ever see LP playing that song again for the rest of their career.

@Jats : Linkin Park playing more with delay as in the past. Given up for example with the long strong is full of delay in the bridge in the scream, the didn't do this in the past so much not in the screams...that I can't remember that they do this in the past. I remember in 2007 Chester could hold the long scream without a break and now...he need more delay. I also think that the catalyst is not a good reference for good vopice in a song then Mike and Chester a pitch with the vocoder, only with that it sound like it sound.

Chester is older now and of course his scream are powerless, when you scream again and again and that over the years then you damage your voice that is normal.

What I miss in Chester Voice the unique sound. Yeah he has a great voice but over the years he lost that unigue sound. That's my opinion.

I guess your right at some points.

If you listen to Given Up now, it seems like Chester waits a few seconds (the delay you was talking about) and then continues the scream. Of course they use some effects on The Catalyst but the song is very hard to sing and I think they all do a good job on this. They use some hall-effects and the vocoder but all in all it's still Chesters voice that gives the song it's energy.

What I recognized is, that they use more samples than earlier. Look at Waiting For The End, Wrechtes And Kings or Iridescent. It's not only the sound effects, they also do this with Chester's voice in Waiting For The End (bridge) and Wretches And Kings (hey, hey, hey and so on ^^).

It ain't no big deal but I noticed it and it reminds me of Chester making this 'wind noise' live at Rock Am Ring 2001 :D

Good old times, they made their own crazy voices .. just kidding ;)

Everything Jats said is pretty much dead-on. By no means are Chester's current screams "weak", but they've certainly changed. I much preferred when he'd scream "Thieves and hypocrites!" in the No More Sorrow bridge compared to the chant he does now. Brings the whole song a notch lower IMO when it should be at its highest energy.

The getting older and more conserved theory is obvious. Just compare any of Faint's extended outros from 2010-2011 to a 2007 performance. Back then he went absolutely ballistic during the entire outro, where as we're now lucky to get two screams. Disappointing considering Faint was my favourite song live because of the epic, demonic performance by Chester.

Of course, this isn't even looking further back to his 2004 and earlier days, where his signature rasp seemed to always be present in any song, and automatically give the song more "umph". As the years go by I've found his rasp to disappear more and more, at least from the live shows.

However, if there's one song that has remained on the same level of quality for the last 10 years, it's definitely Papercut. Always a blast.

Everything Jats said is pretty much dead-on. By no means are Chester's current screams "weak", but they've certainly changed. I much preferred when he'd scream "Thieves and hypocrites!" in the No More Sorrow bridge compared to the chant he does now. Brings the whole song a notch lower IMO when it should be at its highest energy.

The getting older and more conserved theory is obvious. Just compare any of Faint's extended outros from 2010-2011 to a 2007 performance. Back then he went absolutely ballistic during the entire outro, where as we're now lucky to get two screams. Disappointing considering Faint was my favourite song live because of the epic, demonic performance by Chester.

Of course, this isn't even looking further back to his 2004 and earlier days, where his signature rasp seemed to always be present in any song, and automatically give the song more "umph". As the years go by I've found his rasp to disappear more and more, at least from the live shows.

However, if there's one song that has remained on the same level of quality for the last 10 years, it's definitely Papercut. Always a blast.

Chester's screaming is definitely different, even his singing is. If you listen to a performance of Faint from 2003/2004 and listen to a performance of Faint from 2010/2011, they sound way different, for example. Not that it's a bad thing, I'm just saying. And I think the reason Papercut still sounds so good is because it is one of Chester's favorite LP songs. I think he puts in way less energy into songs he doesn't like. I don't think he likes Given Up or No More Sorrow much anymore, the performances from this year are kind of weak. Given Up is one of my favorite LP songs of all time, but I think they will be dropping it from the sets soon, which saddens me...

hmm .. interesting, but I don't think so.

It's out of the question, that Chester has his favourite songs. But why should he spend less energy on one, when he knows, that he would suck then ?

I mean .. spending less energy on a song, because you can't spend more is a different thing than if you don't want to spend more. maybe it'S kind of a brain-thing. What if he thinks .. 'Okay, I feel good today, so I try to give a good performance with much screams and wild jumping around' ? Then he would try to give his best at every point. If he thinks 'Damn, I'm a little tired today, I better spend a little less power on a few songs', he would still try to give his best, but he would be kind of .. provident.

For example .. everybody knows, Chester gets sick a lot (just remember Frat Party, he also says it there). So if he knows, it's hard for him to spend much energy on a song, it's almost human that he does so. Another example would be the LPTV of the MSG 2011 show. 'The only problem with tonight was .. that you rocked too hard. You rocked so hard, that I think it was too much for people.' that's what Mike said. And Chester said 'Dude, I ran off so hard .. in the beginning, that I litarilly .. almost had to fucking tell you guys to stop'. And during the show Chester said 'Man, I'm freaking out. I need to calm the fuck down, man.'

If this doesn't show, how hard it is for Chester, I don't know.

And the performance was good. It was good, even though you can't really compare it with earlier shows. But it still sounded good.

What you said reminds me of a Soundcheck for a 2010 show, I saw on youtube. They rehearsed From The Inside there and Chester really looked kind of bored. Of course he doesn't put all energy into a soundcheck, but it seemed, like he couldn't sing it better. And .. unfortunately it sounded better as some live versions. From The Inside maybe is a difficult song, but they could just drop it, if it's too hard to sing for him.

I'm not quite sure, if they'll drop songs like Given Up, which is a very important song, I think. It's a single, what fits into their current setlist pattern AND it's one of the hard songs of MTM.

Whatever they gonna do about songs like No More Sorrow, Faint or Given Up .. I hope, they still gonna play them sometimes. Maybe they can turn into a rariaty like QWERTY what already has been performed, but not that often, that you say it's an 'every-show-hit'.

I think it's normal that a band changes their setlist, but as you see, Papercut is stillt there and hopefully never gone and I guess, every song that's on the setlist now (in this time of changes), will be there some more time.

I think you guys are all missing the point. His voice hasn't changed he's just grown lazy, after performing stranuas songs every night hes just found the easiest way to sing them!

Look at the early performances of crawling for example? by the last chorus you can see hes in pain.lol

Also people have been saying about chester holding the scream on given up live? I don't recall this ever happening(with the exception of the Third encore session and the aol session) so if there is a live show can you point me in the direction cause it would be awesome to hear it?

I think you guys are all missing the point. His voice hasn't changed he's just grown lazy, after performing stranuas songs every night hes just found the easiest way to sing them!

Look at the early performances of crawling for example? by the last chorus you can see hes in pain.lol

Also people have been saying about chester holding the scream on given up live? I don't recall this ever happening(with the exception of the Third encore session and the aol session) so if there is a live show can you point me in the direction cause it would be awesome to hear it?

Montreal 2008. Best performance of Given Up. Ever. The crowd goes wild when he holds the scream for the entire 17 seconds.

Chester has held the scream live three different times!! First in Selma, Texas 2007 on the PR tour. Second in Columbus, Ohio 2008 on the MTM Arena Tour. And lastly in Montreal on the same tour.

@ryanbell44: You think so ? We can't be sure. And we can be sure, that we never gonna know it, because if it was so, Chester would never tell us. However, I also noticed it in new songs .. how can he be pissed of them, even though they're almost a year 'old'.

You're right with Crawling, One Step Closer, Breaking The Habit or In The End, but maybe he .. kind of healed.

@Faint!ntoPieces: I like Montreal, but there are better performances of it. Even though he doesn't hold the full scream there. The scream is great, but he doesn't hit every key or less than other times. But it's still awesome to hear :P