How LPU Cd's have changed and LPU11

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meteora demos or deleted songs please.

This. I won't even renew next year if the CD is remixes/live/covers. B-Sides or Demos or don't even fucking release a CD, at this point it'd just be really sad and pathetic.

This. I won't even renew next year if the CD is remixes/live/covers. B-Sides or Demos or don't even fucking release a CD, at this point it'd just be really sad and pathetic.

urmm, i'd rather have remixes & cover songs than nothing at all! :lol:

Who knows, they could be really great.

urmm, i'd rather have remixes & cover songs than nothing at all! :lol:

Who knows, they could be really great.

We already have heaps of remixes, official and non official. LP doesn't do studio recordings of covers, and they would never release shit like a Wish or My Own Summer cover in 2011/2012. I bet money on it. I hope it's not live because LP hasn't been good live since 2008 and we already have all the DSP's. I want some GOOD demos. Not ones like Oh No or Divided and stuff, like real, complete demos and b-sides, like What We Don't Know or I Have Not Begun, but a full CD.

I like the unfinished sounding demos. It gives a nice look into how a song progressed from the early form into the versions we have on the albums. I really like the Faint and Figure.09 demos from LPU9 and Halo and Unfortunate from LPUX because they give us some insight into what earlier versions of Meteora may have sounded like.

THIS FUCKING POST. You are awesome. I agree, I'd love to hear more from the MTM sessions. MTM is by far my favorite LP album and there are so many awesome songs that we haven't heard yet, I guarantee it.

This 150%. Pretend to Be has turned out to be one of my favourite LP songs ever. Even if it was released after MTM, it still holds that same crisp sound that the rest of the album maintained. I love the rest of the B-sides from MTM as well, which only fuels my desire to hear more from this time period.

And about those super heavy songs... If it's even close to the level of epicness in Across the Line's bridge, then consider me foaming at the mouth. Not too mention No More Sorrow is my favourite heavy song the band has made. More of that sounds A-OK.

Well I'm pretty sure Phoenix wouldn't have said '"This is Linkin Park at it's best'' when MTM was released if the band didn't think that. The band was soooo excited to release that album and every song was solid and had an awesome sound. I think it's partially because it was recorded at the houdini mansion, which gives an album a different feel and is a legendary place. Watch Funky Monks by Red Hot Chili Peppers and you'll see what I mean.

Minutes To Midnight is their best record. For sure. We were given alot of b-sides from that album though, I think we've had enough.

Announcement Service Public, Qwerty, Pale, Fear, Drum Song, No Roads Left, Across The Line, Blackbirds, What We Don't Know, and Pretend To Be and Not Alone were re-worked MTM songs. I want to hear some of the heavy songs that Chester talked about that were made for MTM.

Announcement Service Public, Qwerty, Pale, Fear, Drum Song, No Roads Left, Across The Line, Blackbirds, What We Don't Know, and Pretend To Be and Not Alone were re-worked MTM songs. I want to hear some of the heavy songs that Chester talked about that were made for MTM.

Pretend To Be was post-MTM I do believe.

Edited by adaminator1

I want every heavy Linkin Park demo ever.

Then you would want demos from Meteora and Minutes To Midnight, those are the bands two heaviest albums, and the early songs for MTM have been described as the heaviest Linkin Park songs ever made, according to Chester and the band, but they decided to go with the slower style for the final tracks. Imagine tons of stuff that sounds like Qwerty but probably heavier. Meteora of coarse probably has some demos with screaming or loud guitars and drums. Anyone remember the 2005 LPU chat with Chester? He said ''there will be A LOT of screaming. Let's put it this way, I couldn't even go into the studio the next day because of all the screaming I did''. Crazy awesome. We will probably never see those, though....

Edited by Geki

Pretend To Be was FINISHED post-MTM but was actually a demo from MTM sessions.

Where was this confirmed? Why does it say the demo is from 2008 then? Makes no sense. I think the song was finished in March/April/May of 2008 when LP took those 3 months off between the 08 Arena Tour and the summer tour and PR. If it was finished post-MTM then it would say (Demo 2006).

No. The demo was completed in 2008. The version we have is the one that was completed in 2008. That's why it doesn't say 2006. I can't remember where it was confirmed, but I do remember confirmation. I'm looking for the source right now.

Edit: can't find the source, but I definitely remember reading that.

Edited by leftshoe18

No. The demo was completed in 2008. The version we have is the one that was completed in 2008. That's why it doesn't say 2006. I can't remember where it was confirmed, but I do remember confirmation. I'm looking for the source right now.

Edit: can't find the source, but I definitely remember reading that.

I've actually asked Mike about it at a German ATS pre-listening event.

I want to be hear Grecian, that's a Heavy song maybe the most Heavy they write in the MTM Process.

The problem is that Grecian is not finished. It was dropped early, but maybe they finish just like Japan(Across The Line) or Blackbirds.

The problem is that Grecian is not finished. It was dropped early, but maybe they finish just like Japan(Across The Line) or Blackbirds.

It's possible that we'll get the unfinished version on one of the LPU CD's. I doubt they'll go back and finish it. Across the Line was finished during the MTM sessions and Blackbirds likely was too since we have clips that sound just like the finished version (IIRC). I'll bet they were mastered later for their releases, though.