Linkin Park Secret Show In Los Angeles

hahninator

And $500 isn't a ridiculous amount by any means. Do you realize how amazing it would be to see Linkin Park in a tiny venue?

RAWR YOU CARE MORE ABOUT SEEING LINKIN PARK THAN THE LIVES OF THE PEOPLE IN JAPAN.

see how silly this is? and I agree, $500 dollars seems worth it for more than one reason, as I stated in an earlier post.

Edited by Xero21

RAWR YOU CARE MORE ABOUT SEEING LINKIN PARK THAN THE LIVES OF THE PEOPLE IN JAPAN.

see how silly this is? and I agree, $500 dollars seems worth it for more than one reason, as I stated in an earlier post.

I was justifying the 500 dollars whereas other people were trying to make it sound like it was too much (because of the setlist, etc.) So that's not the same thing.

But whatever, I'm done here, lol.

But apparently the setlist they play is much more important.

Think about this, you were given two choices, to give a hobo $5 or to give a hobo $5 and get a bar of chocolate, what would you pick? Edited by TripleXero

did someone know if this show would've the DSP??

LP performed a secret show before Projekt Rev in 2008 with Busta Rhymes that wasn't recorded. I would think that because it's a "secret" show it wouldn't be, but then again, you never know

But apparently the setlist they play is much more important.

Well no, not really. It's just more of an incentive. I've said before that any time you see LP live, it's basically amazing. I shouldn't have come off the way I did - I'm an ignorant asshole sometimes I guess lol. Sorry if I offended you.

The setlist is not more important than raising money. I think it's a great thing LP is playing the show and doing something like this. If I lived there I'd do this in a heartbeat. What I also should have said is that I'd be more inclined to come to this from Atlanta if they played a barrage of older stuff they haven't played live before. I've seen LP x12 now and it's almost the exact same songs every time. I saw the exact same show 3 out of 3 shows in a row in January. Yeah the show is cool and all and yeah this show LP is doing is great but I wouldn't go from here just to see the same stuff again. I bet more people like me would travel for this if they played some really rare stuff at this small venue :) That's what I should have said.

Preston, Mary Ann and I (along with the other MFR volunteers) raised over $700 at each of the three shows we went to (over $2,000 total) in January for MFR. I personally donated to MFR in 2008 before Projekt Revolution and did so last year (2010) as well (not counting what I put from my wallet into the MFR donations at these shows this year - I covered some peoples' $1 if they didn't have it for the MFR picture that went up on the big screens before the show).

Sorry to come off as an asshole or if I offended you. I think MFR is great and this show is a great idea!

• 4 weeks later...

I'd say: The Troubador, The Roxy Theatre or The Whiskey A Go Go.

Aren't those the typical locations for big band's "'secret" or ''intimate' shows?

i checked the The Roxy Theatre 's Calendar and it has Sergeant Garcia Booked for 8pm

i also checked The Whiskey A Go Go, The Troubador they both have open dates so probably one of those two im guessing

• 2 weeks later...

i checked the The Roxy Theatre 's Calendar and it has Sergeant Garcia Booked for 8pm

i also checked The Whiskey A Go Go, The Troubador they both have open dates so probably one of those two im guessing

The Whiskey now has a show booked for the 31st as well, so it looks like the Troubador is the most likely location.