'Iridescent' Artwork Contest Problem

hahninator

Are you not reading everyone's replies to this thread? It's not about winning or not winning, it's that the guy broke every rule on earth (alright, he missed the rules 'cause they where 'hidden' or whatever, either way it's not an excuse), and the 'judges' did too when choosing it as the winning artwork. It's not fair to us who submitted our artworks by the rules. This goes beyond jealousy! I don't care who wins it as long as it is a clean win.

You're being ridiculous. It honestly doesn't matter what competition this band has, the community always has a problem with it. Eventually, they are will stop doing them because they will be exhausted from the complaining.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're being ridiculous. It honestly doesn't matter what competition this band has, the community always has a problem with it. Eventually, they are will stop doing them because they will be exhausted from the complaining.

I think it's ridiculous to say people are "complaining" or being "jealous" when rules are violated. Rules are made for a reason - simple as that. Call it whatever you will to justify yourself as a better fan, or to suck up to the ass whomever you wish, but rules, in any competition, any band, any site - are rules. Plain and simple. You break 'em - you don't win. They weren't guidelines they were OFFICIAL RULES. So really, anyone who says it's okay, has no merit in my book -because it's NOT okay, as it is AGAINST THEIR OWN SET OF RULES. This has nothing to do with fans complaining like "every other time", and if they stop making contests because fans want the rules enforced, then screw 'em - I don't want their contests if that's how they are.

Perhaps it's an honest mistake and overlook, if so - it happens. But clear as day the rules were stated, clear as day they were ignored. End of the story.

My two cents on this. Warner Brothers and every other media outlet in the world expects us, the consumers, to comply with all sorts of demands and legal wrangling when it comes to their rules, such as copyright issues. But yet when they lay out rules for us to comply with in a contest, how is it fair to any of the participants when they don't live up to their end of the deal? Their legalese document regarding this contest had specific guidelines, but yet they violated their own guidelines in the judging of this contest. It is something that needs to be addressed, at least to the participants satisfaction.

How many of us didn't download the album before release date? Better question, how many of us that are complaining didn't download?

I own the special edition/regular edition of the album through legal purchase. I work in the music industry so I buy all my music - but that's just me. Can't speak for everyone.

I don't download albums prior to release dates no.

Interesting. I read through your posts. Not only did you say you wanted to have a job so that you could afford the album, you also asked other members for multitracks.

Edited by HybridThe0ry97

Look, I will like them and their music the same as yesterday, and the same as 10 years ago. This is the first time I get in a LP contest, and I'm complaining because THERE IS AN ACTUAL PROBLEM WITH IT'S RESOLUTION, it's no like we are inventing some imaginary issue just because we like it.

But you know what? arguing with you and trying to make you understand our point of view is not getting us anywhere.

I'm imagining a court of law judged by Mr. HT97.

Victim: I was robbed

MT97: So? We're you murdered?

Victimi: well, no but-

MT97: I don't see the problem here. Quit making up excuses to complain. Not guilty!

Next Case:

Victim 2: That guy there shot my friend!

Defendant: He took my CD.

HT97: Well obviously a CD was stolen. Since the victim also took part in a crime, murder was justified, since two wrongs make a right! Not Guilty!

Third Case:

Victim: Help me, this isn't fair!

HT97: looking at your traffic record. You ran a stoplight once. So you don't deserve any help.

Victim: I was robbed! WTF does my traffic record have to do with anything!

*Next week, tune in for HT97 taking charge as an umpire!*

Fan#4: Did you see that batter with the gun? He shot all the members on the other team!

HT97: And? We're trying to have a baseball game here. If we kept listening to your complaining we might as well not have any more baseball games anymore because we're sick of you whining.

Fan#4: HE SHOT THE OTHER TEAM! THIS ISN'T FAIR!

HT97: Oh they're dead now. Oh well they lost then.

Edited by KATHYxx

I'm imagining a court of law judged by Mr. HT97.

Victim: I was robbed

MT97: So? We're you murdered?

Victimi: well, no but-

MT97: I don't see the problem here. Quit making up excuses to complain. Not guilty!

Next Case:

Victim 2: That guy there shot my friend!

Defendant: He took my CD.

HT97: Well obviously a CD was stolen. Since the victim also took part in a crime, murder was justified, since two wrongs make a right! Not Guilty!

Third Case:

Victim: Help me, this isn't fair!

HT97: looking at your traffic record. You ran a stoplight once. So you don't deserve any help.

Victim: I was robbed! WTF does my traffic record have to do with anything!

*Next week, tune in for HT97 taking charge as an umpire!*

Fan#4: Did you see that batter with the gun? He shot all the members on the other team!

HT97: And? We're trying to have a baseball game here. If we kept listening to your complaining we might as well not have any more baseball games anymore because we're sick of you whining.

Fan#4: HE SHOT THE OTHER TEAM! THIS ISN'T FAIR!

HT97: Oh they're dead now. Oh well they lost then.

this.

Ok, its time that this thread either get back on track or I'm gonna close it.

HybridTheory97 you are completely out of line in some of your comments to other members of this forum. This will be your only warning. Got a problem with that? Take it up with Mark, he'll likely tell you the same exact thing I am about to say. Your attitude towards other members here is toxic and it makes the forum less than a pleasant place to be. Its something that has rubbed me, as well as a few other staff members, the wrong way one too many times, and it will no longer be tolerated. Either attempt to co-exist with the other members here peacefully or you may find that your remaining time here is going to be very short.

Now back to the topic at hand.

That's because there is a problem with the competition.

Edited by Enthouse

I missed where hybridthe0ry97 was that out of hand.. But I don't agree with him on this subject. Please dont verbally bash eachother about it though.

Same. It's just someone's opinion. You can't get in trouble for that if he isn't being offensive. He's cool but I disagree with his stance here.

LOL @ KATHYxx. Epic.

To those of you saying this person "cheated" and abused the rules:

Posted Image

That's all that I paid attention to when I considered entering. Now once again, should we be blaming the artist or the people who organized this event? Those are pretty simple steps to follow right there.

It does say "version" not "versions"

Here's My Artwork if you give a crap...

I clicked it and had already faved it :D

I didn't enter because everytime I tried downloading the images from dA, it said Download Interrupted. EVERYTIME!

And if anyone wants to see some really awesome entries, check out my deviantART Favorites 99% of the Iridescent Covers are amazing!

Edited by TripleXero