Who else agrees that LP should have another show aired in theaters like Webster Hall for their next album?

LPPRJKT4

I would go for sure. I went to the Webster's Hall premiere and it was awesome because we got all that extra footage that didn't make the MTM DVD. That was better than the show IMO. It's a shame it never was released since all the people that didn't go will never get to see it!

I would go for sure. I went to the Webster's Hall premiere and it was awesome because we got all that extra footage that didn't make the MTM DVD. That was better than the show IMO. It's a shame it never was released since all the people that didn't go will never get to see it!

*sigh* Don't remind me. I could have gone, but no, I just HAD to stay home and record the webcast instead, because I was paranoid that nobody else would do it (which they did of course), and I had no idea the whole show was going to be put up on AOL's website afterwards. It was the one Linkin Park "exclusive" that actually turned out to really be exclusive, and I missed it.

*sigh* Don't remind me. I could have gone, but no, I just HAD to stay home and record the webcast instead, because I was paranoid that nobody else would do it (which they did of course), and I had no idea the whole show was going to be put up on AOL's website afterwards. It was the one Linkin Park "exclusive" that actually turned out to really be exclusive, and I missed it.

It was so awesome. Why did nobody record it?

Edited by Geki

It was so awesome. Why did nobody record it?

Probably because the community of people who record in movie theaters is pretty seperate (and a lot smaller) than the community of people who record live concerts. It's a lot harder to sneak a camera into a movie theater than a concert venue most of the time, plus you face a lot bigger consequences if you get caught. I know all kinds of LP fans who tape concerts but I've personally never met anyone who's recorded something in a movie theater before.

I went to see the Webster Hall performance in a theater near me in Buffalo. There was a cop chilling at the front of the theater the whole time watching us. I guess they thought people may try to record it. I didn't see the point in recording it personally, when there was a webcast I figured people would record anyway.

Regardless, I hope Linkin Park does do it again, it was definitely fun, and I used it to get a few of my friends into LP... Overall a fun night.

Edited by Cyro

Probably because the community of people who record in movie theaters is pretty seperate (and a lot smaller) than the community of people who record live concerts. It's a lot harder to sneak a camera into a movie theater than a concert venue most of the time, plus you face a lot bigger consequences if you get caught. I know all kinds of LP fans who tape concerts but I've personally never met anyone who's recorded something in a movie theater before.

Most of those movie recordings are done in Russia or elsewhere, almost none in the US. It's just crazy to even think of doing that there. The movie community is very carefully, you will never meet anyone who says 'I illegally record movies in cinemas'.

I don't think it's much harder to get a camera into a cinema, people sneak in food and what not but I think you can be caught quite easily. Some cinemas even have those infrared glasses.

They could have shown the normal version on TV and the extended one as MTM bonus.

Even if I was in the cinema back then I would have never thought of recording it, I guess so did everyone else. Who would have thought there will be a difference.